You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What's my next move here......

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic
DS 160ish runners. Am sitting 20/60 and going along nicely. Hadn't been at the table long but noticed the villain, who was 2/60,  had been bullying & calling ranges were VERY wide on the table for some reason! Anyway thought I'd see a cheap flop, thats why I didn't raise. Should I have raised/folded pre?  Does his check & all-in look suspicious or a bluff? and what do I do here?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
KKrippler Small blind  300.00 300.00 21537.50
VVVBig blind  600.00 900.00 34403.75
  Your hole cards

Glenelg Call  600.00 1500.00 13743.75
67Bhoys Fold     
lvlark Call  600.00 2100.00 39767.81
KKrippler Fold     
VVVCheck     
Flop

• A
  • A

VVVCheck     
Glenelg Bet  2100.00 4200.00 11643.75
lvlark Fold     
VVVAll-in  34403.75 38603.75 0.00
Glenelg ???    

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Got to be honest I likely muck dueces with a 22 bb stack.

Your behind on flop vast majority of time.  He has no real reason to make this bet other than he wants a call. 

Even if you call and he shows air its only 60/40.

If you dont think he'll fold junk to a raise pre (and is going to be difficult to move off a hand post) I just dont get involved with only 22bigs.  But If I were to, i'd make it 1400 folding to any resitance.  Mostly I'd just pass though.
  • edited November 2011
    I don't like any of this. I think it's a fold pre to be honest. You are 22BBs deep UTG with a hand that is flipping at best pre-flop and nearly always behind after cards. If you suspect someone is raising light then you can 3-bet shove with duces when you are 22BBs deep. But you can't open raise and limping is always bad.

That said, if you have a solid read on the table that you are going to get it through with a limp then you can limp to set-mine. But then you have to fold if there is no 2 on the flop.

When you bet the flop what are you representing? If you have an ace then you would have raised from that stack and it's very unlikely that you have a three. I like the guys check-raise on the flop because you line looks quite a lot like a small to meddium pocket pair. I predict that he has two picture cards and figures that he can make you fold.
  • edited November 2011
    Defo fold pre UTG for me.

As played pre don't understand why you bet pot on flop, it's super strong but your hand isn't so really you're bluffing. When he shoves you gotta fold as calling off the rest of your stack would be so risky hoping he has just overs and even then he isn't that far behind, overall just so many better places to get your chips in than this.
  • edited November 2011
    agree with dudeskin here 22 horrible hand utg just muck 
  • edited November 2011

Thx guys!  I think fold pre was the best bet but anyway I folded and the villain took pleasure in showing QQ.