You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

8nl, flopped trips facing turn shove

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic
No notes on villain - what's my best move here?
JackoG9 Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £11.71
wing_clip Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £4.29
  Your hole cards

Salem801 Call  £0.08 £0.20 £2.11
TANZI Call  £0.08 £0.28 £6.47
fishyriver Fold     
SKILLON Fold     
JackoG9 Call  £0.04 £0.32 £11.67
wing_clip Check     
Flop

JackoG9 Bet  £0.32 £0.64 £11.35
wing_clip Fold     
Salem801 Fold     
TANZI Call  £0.32 £0.96 £6.15
Turn

JackoG9 Bet  £0.80 £1.76 £10.55
TANZI All-in  £6.15 £7.91 £0.00
JackoG9 ?

Comments

• edited November 2011
    this is a tricky spot but i would sigh call this he cant have 3 5 surely wouldnt call your bet on flop for a gut shot he could have fullhouse but longterm i think this is a call 
  • edited November 2011
    fold pre

sighcall now
  • edited November 2011
    Not having a go, just a question for you.

Why are we calling pre flop? What flop are you dreaming of when you make the blind up?

As GT says, fold pre, i think we have to call now but i wouldnt be suprised if your behind.
  • edited November 2011
    Easy fold pre, just click the old check/fold button saves decisions.

Turn gotta call could easily be against a big pair played slow.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: 8nl, flopped trips facing turn shove:
    Not having a go, just a question for you. Why are we calling pre flop? What flop are you dreaming of when you make the blind up? As GT says, fold pre, i think we have to call now but i wouldnt be suprised if your behind.
    Posted by DrSharp
    Point taken and I usually would let go but gave in to the decent odds to hit monster.
    Yes, it's a dream flop for my hand but surely you re-evaluate in the face of a bet like this?
    As i happened I called as I thought the bet was too big to be a house, more likely an over pair ... he had 66!!
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: 8nl, flopped trips facing turn shove : Point taken and I usually would let go but gave in to the decent odds to hit monster. Yes, it's a dream flop for my hand but surely you re-evaluate in the face of a bet like this? As i happened I called as I thought the bet was too big to be a house, more likely an over pair ... he had 66!!
    Posted by JackoG9
    What monsters can you flop with 92s? If you flop a flush you still only have a 9-high flush. If you flop trip 9s you have no kicker. You can't make a straight and if you make top pair then you still have a rubbish kicker. The only flops that give you a "monster" are 999, 222, 992 and 229. 226 isn't far off so you have to call.

fold or raise pre

Seriously at a cash table if I were 12 handed in the small blind and all 10 players before me limpped in I would still not call with 92s.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: 8nl, flopped trips facing turn shove : What monsters can you flop with 92s? If you flop a flush you still only have a 9-high flush. If you flop trip 9s you have no kicker. You can't make a straight and if you make top pair then you still have a rubbish kicker. The only flops that give you a "monster" are 999, 222, 992 and 229. 226 isn't far off so you have to call. fold or raise pre Seriously at a cash table if I were 12 handed in the small blind and all 10 players before me limpped in I would still not call with 92s.
    Posted by jugglegeek
    would you not? i think i'd have to man just to see a flop.