You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How light can you call?

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Playing my regular live game of pub poker last night. STT 9 players blinds up every 15mins. Late on after re-buy period I have got a mega stack of around 35 BBs while the rest of the table have on average about 10BBs (7 still left in). Table is mostly tight passive so people don't reaise pre-flop very often, prefering to limp in. I've been keeping my stack up by min-raising most times in late possition if it's unopened and nicking the blinds or c-betting the flop for a steal.

I'm in the big blind with 35xBB and the button pushes for 4.5BBs. Is it correct to call here with any two cards since a fold will increase his stack by a third without him having to see any cards? I called with 67o he showed KTo and I hit two pair to take him out.

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Yeah I think you should call here with pretty much any 2 here. You're not gonna be in any worse a situation really if you drop to 30BBs. You don't want him chipping up with blind steals and you're unlikely to be THAT far behind against his shoving range with 4.5BBs lol
  • edited November 2011
    id call any 2 here and with your cards ya deffo gonna be live aslong as u not up against a big pair ya 60/40 underdog which is good :)
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to How light can you call?:
    Playing my regular live game of pub poker last night. STT 9 players blinds up every 15mins. Late on after re-buy period I have got a mega stack of around 35 BBs while the rest of the table have on average about 10BBs (7 still left in). Table is mostly tight passive so people don't reaise pre-flop very often, prefering to limp in. I've been keeping my stack up by min-raising most times in late possition if it's unopened and nicking the blinds or c-betting the flop for a steal. I'm in the big blind with 35xBB and the button pushes for 4.5BBs. Is it correct to call here with any two cards since a fold will increase his stack by a third without him having to see any cards? I called with 67o he showed KTo and I hit two pair to take him out.
    Posted by jugglegeek
    Dont worry about how it effects villain, worry about how it effects you. Anyway it wont make much difference to you if he has 6bb instead of 4.5

I think you should call, you should have very close to the correct odds and losing wont make much difference to your position. It also has the advantage of sending a message (esp to bad players) that stealing your blinds is not a great idea