You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is there a new breed of fan?

edited November 2011 in The Football Corner
Or am I just getting old?

For the life of me I cannot understand the constant booing that goes on at games these days. I've always been proud to say that West Ham have some of the most loyal fans in the country but more & more I'm beginning to feel that's no longer the case. 

Take Tuesday's game. OK, a 0-0 draw at home to bottom of the table Bristol City isn't the best result in the world but we're in a much tougher league this term. With the exception of Southampton who are running well at the moment, literally everyone is beating everyone else so why the booing at the end of the game? If it happened on the odd occasion then again, I could maybe understand it but it's happening more & more & not just at the Boleyn either.

Now I've been to very few games sine my daughter was born 3 1/2 years ago so I realise I'm not seeing the whole picture but it was happening when I was a regular home & away & I just think it's so counter productive.

Comments

• edited November 2011
    I have to agree here,Yes football supporters get frustrated as the game is expensive to watch but imo booing the side you love and cherish is very negative.I go to Spurs most home games and have never booed my team ,There are times i wish i could have a refund like the game we lost 1 5 this year v Man city but thats the love of football highs n lows.Get behind your team and SUPPORT them .GL this season west ham hope you get back to the promise land.
  • edited November 2011
    I hear what you are saying, i think this happens at 90% of clubs nowadays.

As you can imagine its happened A LOT at Northampton this season, however....

Its gone so far now, everyone has realised that the manager cannot be sacked ( for financial reasons) that the last couple of games the booing has stopped. We just embrace the awfulness.

I now go to games expecting to lose, a draw feels like a win. And a win feels like, well.....

I still dont know :P
  • edited November 2011

think its just the way people are in life in general nowadays cant wait to moan and complain about anything.
    it happened a bit when we were top six in the premiership now where cr@p again the ground half empty but the fans never boo the side if were bad we try to get behind the team if that doesnt work we revert to singing offensive songs about scumhampton