You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Should this have been a fold.?

Comments

• edited November 2011
     I know before anyone says it i should have 4 bet pre flop the reason i did not is the luck i have been having affects the way you play hands so what i thought was no ace on flop go with it would like anybodys view if this was an easy fold but i had made my mind up before the flop come down also the villian snapped all in which i thought was a bit suspect ..
    goonork Small blind  40.00 40.00 4340.00
    linlithgow Big blind  80.00 120.00 4300.00
     Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

deanom1245 Fold     
    neil1970 Raise  240.00 360.00 2660.00
    jimHFX Fold     
    twitchtwoc Fold     
    ???????? Raise  680.00 1040.00 3660.00
    linlithgow Fold     
    neil1970 Call  480.00 1520.00 2180.00
    Flop

• J

???????All-in  3660.00 5180.00 0.00

• edited November 2011
    You can't fold KK 36BBs deep in a tournement. And you definatly shouldn't be flat calling 3-bets pre-flop with them against one opponent for 1/4 of your stack. When you call the 3-bet you have put in 25% of your stack. You can't put in a quarter of your stack pre-flop and then fold.

pocket kings is the second best pre-flop hand in texas hold em and when the guy 3-bets you, you probably have the best hand (only if he has aces do you have the worst hand). The game of poker is about getting your chips in when you have the best hand. This does not mean that you will win every time.

Shoving pre-flop is the correct play here everytime, regardless of how many times we have had KK busted in the last few SnGs you have played. There are 3-ways to win a hand at poker:
    1) you can make your opponent fold
    2) you can have the best hand when the money goes in and it holds
    3) you can have the worst hand when the money goes in and get lucky

By shoving pre you give your self all three chances of winning (he could fold a 3-bet bluff, he could have JJ, or he could have AA and you hit a king on the river). By calling pre and then calling on the flop (which you have to do by the way) you eliminate number 1 and reduce the chances of 2 and 3.

Hope this doesn't sound like I'm having too much of a go but you just can't call pre-flop with KK. You have to shove. If you get unlucky then you get unlucky "that's poker"
  • edited November 2011
    Only if you have a very specific read ""only 3-bets with J10"

But seriously, no, this should be a shove preflop, but as played a deffo call on the flop
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Should this have been a fold.?:
    no
    Posted by grantorino
    u

thanks for the post its a part of my game i want to improve bet sizes according to stack looking at that hand now in the cold light of day was such an easy 4 bet jam not doing that put me out of the turnie guess his hand as he 3 bet quite lite..
  • edited November 2011
    He can only have a draw or a set if ur unlucky, this is the early stages of a tourney I guess so a fold is worth thinking about even though u r most likely ahead... if he has a set ur in trouble and if he has KQ clubs (which he would call a raise with) he has a lot of outs!!!
  • edited November 2011
    It's gotta be a call, he's probably drawing and possibly drawing with a pair e.g. AJclubs but you can't fold the flop but as many said above, you gotta shove pre.
  • edited November 2011
    Yh straight forward shove preflop, you have 2nd best hand FGS.

As played call very quickly and get ready to scoop the chips.
  • edited November 2011
    If you just call preflop here your trapping your oppo and he is shoving very wide on this flop he could have anything most like a bluff or a draw by the size of the bet looks like he wants you to fold. Snap call.
  • edited November 2011
    Thanks guys for your input on this hand made the wrong play pre-flop but seems like most of you all said the same when the flop came down call..

That is exactly what i did villian flips the cards over to show me J 10 the turn and river brick out im out of here lesson learned better to win a smallish pot than to loose a big one...

If you just call preflop here your trapping your oppo and he is shoving very wide on this flop he could have anything most like a bluff or a draw by the size of the bet looks like he wants you to fold. Snap call.
    Posted by BigHawk89
  • edited November 2011
    i actually think preflop is fine. 

flop is horrible as mistakes are costly but yh flick the call in hope he has QQ or AJ
  • edited November 2011
    Posted by BigHawk89
    Far from a snap call!!! there are a number of hands beating you and draws which he can hit to bust/damage you, in a ring game snap call for sure!
  • edited November 2011
    LOL

i SHOVE PRE BUT iLIKE SHOUTING AND FLATTING IS FINE

nEVER EVER FOLD FLOP