You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Discipline at NL4?

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic
I signed up to Sky Poker about a week ago, without depositing any of my own cash into my account. Over the last week or so, I've built my bankroll up in DYM's (and a very nice £24 for winning the £100 GTD Freeroll earlier) to a stage where I feel comfortable going onto an NL4 table without having to worry about what happens if I lose a couple of £4 buy-ins.

I've read DOHHHHHH's guide on how to beat the NL4 level (Very good guide, too), and I think my problem was that I was basically losing my discipline in a longer session - I often end up getting frustrated seeing weaker players winning pots with J3 and 94, while I'm sat there feeling stupid for waiting for a big hand. I usually end up trying to do things, such as stealing the 6p from the blinds, which I know I shouldn't bother trying to do against calling stations, but I still do it anyway because it's what I'm used to seeing and doing in DYM's and tournaments. Another way I like to lose money is by trying to outplay the calling station, I try to steal the pot on the flop, get called, think "If I have another bet on the turn, he might fold", get called again, both players check the river, he turns over bottom pair with no kicker, I lose £1.50.

I don't usually realise I'm actually doing this until the little box pops up asking me if I wish to pull up with another £4, at which point, I usually think "I'm just throwing money away here" and leave the table. Does anyone have any tips for making sure that I don't get bored while waiting for playable hands at NL4? I've considered multi-tabling, but with my current bankroll, that probably wouldn't be a good idea.

Any suggestions are appreciated :)

Comments

• edited November 2011
    my advice would be if u havent got the bankroll just multitable play 1 cash nl4 table and 2 dym tables that way u are constantly all the time clicking away and as u are playing dyms u will play alot tighter in the cash game and wnt get bored and throw your money away