You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£50 festival Merchant city Glasgow

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Hi Tikay just wanted to know if u felt i could have played this any different it was the hand i went out on last nt.

Rt one guy had been straddling when under gun all nt so i was in bb he had min straddled  blinds were 400 800  i decided to re raise from bb with 10 9 suited to 4k i had 32 k left. The guy to my immediate left who was marginally better off in chips than me called and everyone else folded flop came 10 9 3 rainbow i bet 6k, guy in sb calls again turn comes 7 giving a flush draw and straight possible. so i decide to bet again putting him on 2 overs and a draw i bet 6.8k he calls again instantly. K on river not giving flush possibilities and he instantly puts me all in for my last chips and i called he turns qj. Should i have shoved on turn or could i have folded river after putting so much of stack in already.

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Straddling in a tournament???

Seriously didnt believe this was in the rules. Was looking at playing this tourny myself but couldnt get any info on it. If there was straddling im glad i didnt.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: £50 festival Merchant city Glasgow:
    If there was straddling im glad i didnt.
    Posted by The_Don90
    +1

If people are putting their chips in the pot without looking at their cards i woudln't wanna play either, it puts us at such a disadvantage
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: £50 festival Merchant city Glasgow : +1 If people are putting their chips in the pot without looking at their cards i woudln't wanna play either, it puts us at such a disadvantage
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    im all glad for straddling in a cash game mate /> Im also happy for players to play blind. Infact i had a live cash game like this.

But to my knowledge Staddling in tournaments is prohibited. Or at least im told it is, ive tried to do it early stages of mtts countless times. Always been told the same thing.

Also straddling offers a massive advantage pre.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: £50 festival Merchant city Glasgow : im all glad for straddling in a cash game mate /> Im also happy for players to play blind. Infact i had a live cash game like this. But to my knowledge Staddling in tournaments is prohibited. Or at least im told it is, ive tried to do it early stages of mtts countless times. Always been told the same thing. Also straddling offers a massive advantage pre.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Thread about this in GPC!!!

Plz have a read & give your views!!