You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Was this dumb?

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic
UKOPS7. I'd been all-in about once per orbit last three orbits. I swithered and dithered but thought a small raise would look suspicious due to previous all-ins. Paradoxically I thought an all-in would disguise my hand strength. Am I stoopid?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
PERRAZI Small blind  150.00 150.00 8534.00
KingDuffer Big blind  300.00 450.00 14583.00
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

NigDawG Fold     
bandini All-in  3442.50 3892.50 0.00
Mariusz80 Fold     
Wacko90 Fold     
PERRAZI Fold     
KingDuffer Fold     
bandini Muck     
bandini Win  750.00  750.00
bandini Return  3142.50 0.00 3892.50

Comments

• edited November 2011
    In Response to Was this dumb?:
    UKOPS7. I'd been all-in about once per orbit last three orbits. I swithered and dithered but thought a small raise would look suspicious due to previous all-ins. Paradoxically I thought an all-in would disguise my hand strength. Am I stoopid? Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance PERRAZI Small blind   150.00 150.00 8534.00 KingDuffer Big blind   300.00 450.00 14583.00   Your hole cards A A       NigDawG Fold         bandini All-in   3442.50 3892.50 0.00 Mariusz80 Fold         Wacko90 Fold         PERRAZI Fold         KingDuffer Fold         bandini Muck         bandini Win   750.00   750.00 bandini Return   3142.50 0.00 3892.50
    Posted by bandini

I think like that quite often too, but I think a raise to 750 here would be best to gain some chips
  • edited November 2011

I suppose it depends on your experience with AA to be honest! I hate the fcekers! Personally, I think you done the right thing and got a few chips! Me, I woulda been called and lost to a FH or FD! ;-(

• edited November 2011
    Agree with poker fail 750 as only someone waking up with a hand could call your all in, you may then have been 3 bet due to your previous plays and if they had a hand the chips are in and you have your customer!
  • edited November 2011
    if you have been shoving lots Its great
  • edited November 2011
    Yeah, your stack is a shove/fold stack. If you min raise, good players will probably work out the strength of your hand. Its a funny one.

Another factor is your opponents stack sizes. Your more likely to get a loose call from a big stack than a table full of stacks similar to yours and probably up to 30xBB stacks.

I always feel i miss value when they all fold though! Its one of the plays in poker where you never know whether you made the best move. Sod's law dictates that if you shove, they all fold and if you call or min raise, they suck out on you and hit 2 pair. lol.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Was this dumb?:
    if you have been shoving lots Its great
    Posted by grantorino
    +1

prefer a 2. something raise, you want action so...

But I get what your saying, fine if you have been shoving previously.

• edited November 2011
    I make it like 700, try and get loose call from blinds and pray they flop a pair.
  • edited November 2011
    i would min raise it and hopefully some 1 thinks its a steal or has a good hand 2 come over the top 
  • edited November 2011
    if you have been shoving like you said the shove is best here as it looks weaker than a raise, also anyone callings knows full well your shoving anyflop so your getting called alot of drawing hands pre giving them a cheap flop isnt a good idea. I would prefer the limp shove to reraise pre than to raise pre here although i think hoving pre is the best option
  • edited November 2011
    limping is the worst option imo Batkin

unless u are absoultey certain that the blinds will squeeze.

I prefer just to shove my entire range, i dont think your stupid at all Bandini.
  • edited November 2011

think u played it fine if your shovin quite a bit with any 2 you should do it with ur big hands to because any1 payin attention will smell a rat if u min raise but just ul no1 had anyfin to call m8

• edited November 2011
    I don't have a problem with your all in there, and I'd do the same. If you get called, brilliant, if not, you've still picked up 450 chips.