You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

one of the worst hands ever

edited October 2009 in Poker Chat

Hi my name is aussiesteve and I have been playing for some time now and am becoming quite used to getting beaten by the wonderful K K  mind you it doesn't like to hold up for me.
I was just playing in £100 guaranteed speed started at 22.35.  Take a look at hand 201451720 
I had the wonderful hand of J J which I always go all in on other wise I lose bigtime.  Did the usual thing went all in, got one caller, got another caller both all in.
Hands are shown.

my J J

then,  A A

and the third one J J

would you ever read about it.

needless to say I was out.

thanks

Comments

• edited October 2009
    Hi aussie steve

unlucky with the pocket jacks above.
    the only suggestion about pocket jacks i would make is to not always put all your chips in.  it's a good starting hand but there are a lot of hands that will improve and beat it.

You should certainly raise with it to minimise the players in the hand, then if you get re-raised hopefully you have a read on the other player and know whether to push or to let it go.

Ray 
  • edited October 2009
    JJ aint that good a hand, same as QQ, sometimes i wish i never got them,usually if you get a caller for your all in it will either be a race (AK,AQ, etc) or you will be behind to AA, KK,QQ. For JJ i prefer Depending on position, setting a raise that i believe will get only one caller, if a Q,K, or A comes on the flop and the other player bets i will nearly always fold. If they are undercards then push all in. This is only one way to play and others play differently, even i will play these different, it all depends on the situation at the time ( is it the bubble,are you short stacked etc)
  • edited October 2009
    If you go all in with JJ what are you getting called by? AA,KK,QQ, AK,AQ... so you are going to be at best 50/50 ... make a raise if flop comes A,K rag etc, u an easily fold... dont comit urself all in with 1 pair which is only 4th pair
  • edited October 2009
    P.S only people who are in a hand can view it in HH.. you will have to copy and paste the hand if you want us to see it