You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Where are you?

edited October 2009 in Poker Chat

Only 33 Runners Reg'd for tonight's Main Event thus far, it's got 2,000 chips, 10 minute Blinds, & the £4,000 Guarantee has been upped to £5,000. So a huge OVERLAY is in prospect at this rate.

Plus, lots of peeps will think it starts at 9pm. It does not.

What time does it start?

Comments

• edited October 2009
    PLEASE don't keep asking for more players I like the numbers we have registered just fine lol
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Where are you?:
    PLEASE don't keep asking for more players I like the numbers we have registered just fine lol
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Me too, but when Sky Des & Sky Bernie have to fork out for the overlay - it comes out of their wages - they ain't gonna be happy-bunnies!
  • edited October 2009
    I'm sure they can afford it Tikay, I thought everyone on Sky was paid  at the same level as Jonathan Ross:)
  • edited October 2009
    Got to choose between this and the 7pm deepy...any advice?
  • edited October 2009
    I'm sure they can afford it Tikay, I thought everyone on Sky was paid  at the same level as Jonathan Ross:)
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Who he?

Did you know that the Guaranteed Prize pools on this week's seven Main Events totals......£68,750 - that's POUNDS.

Amazing how the Site has grown.
  • edited October 2009
    Got to choose between this and the 7pm deepy...any advice?
    Posted by MrMagooo
    Horses for courses really Mr Magoo.

The main differences are......

COST - Tonight's 7pm costs £5.50, the 7.30 costs £22.

FIELD SIZE - The 7pm will get 70 or 80, the 7.30 will get about 20.

HOW MANY PAID - 8 or 10 in the 7pm, 6 (the Final Table) in the 7.30.

FIRST PRIZE - About the same in both.

HOW LONG WILL IT LAST? The 7pm generally finishes at about 10.45pm or 11pm, the 7.30 will go on until close to Midnight.

STARTING CHIPS - Both have 5,000

CLOCK - The 7pm has a 12 minute clock, the 7.30 has a 15 minute Clock

STRUCTURE - The 7pm is quite a bit "faster", & the point of inflection arrives 2 or 3 Tables out. Both Tourneys have plenty of play in the Final. The Blind Increases are steeper in the 7pm, considerably so.

PLAYABILITY - The 7pm is inhabited by different types of Players than the 7.30. In the 7pm, players tend to Call more, & lighter, in the 7.30, those who Call a lot & play too many hands rarely survive very long.

SEATS - Tonight's 7pm is a 10 Seater, the 7.30 is a 6 Seater.

WINNABILITY - Orford might one day win the 7pm, but he'll never win the 7.30 - it's much tougher.

Good Luck!
  • edited October 2009
    Wow what a reply.. i think i have all the information i need now..thx and see you at the tables  GL
  • edited October 2009
    What time does it start?
  • edited October 2009
    What time does it start?
    Posted by elsadog

9pm dont be late ;)
  • edited October 2009
    What time does it start?
    Posted by elsadog
    Anyone?
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Where are you? : Anyone?
    Posted by Tikay10
    9.00pm.mrmagooo is mrhonest please heed his advice please
  • edited October 2009

now that the open starts at 8pm  ,1 hour earlier, i noticed the max players for this mtt is 2000 ?      were u hoping for more players than the normal 700 tk?

• edited October 2009
    now that the open starts at 8pm  ,1 hour earlier, i noticed the max players for this mtt is 2000 ?      were u hoping for more players than the normal 700 tk?
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    I've no idea why that change was made TEN, it's not in my remit, but I did give it some thought when I saw it.

I came up with 2 possible answers - neither of which you should take as read, they are just my musings.

1) With the earlier start, maybe they felt it would not be a problem if more than 700 runners entered. (When we began in early 2007, I think the Cap was set at 300!)

2) Perhaps it's just a mistake.

But it does often hit the 700 "max", & personlly, I'd love to see it push up beyond 700 to 750, 800, & who knows, maybe 1,000 eventually.
  • edited October 2009
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    I've just sussed the answer to his! Bear with me 2 mins while I check my facts, but I've had a......

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Where are you? : I've no idea why that change was made TEN, it's not in my remit, but I did give it some thought when I saw it. I came up with 2 possible answers - neither of which you should take as read, they are just my musings. 1) With the earlier start, maybe they felt it would not be a problem if more than 700 runners entered. (When we began in early 2007, I think the Cap was set at 300!) 2) Perhaps it's just a mistake. But it does often hit the 700 "max", & personlly, I'd love to see it push up beyond 700 to 750, 800, & who knows, maybe 1,000 eventually.
    Posted by Tikay10
     I dont think it means anything. the open was 700 because of when it had to finish, as this can finish anytime it doesn't matter how many are in it.... I think if you look at the other trnys their max's are all 2000 as well. Its just a way to see there is an unlimited amount that can enter as we know the only trnys that could get 2000 are the freerolls.

On another note. I can't make tonight unfortunatly as i have a pool match, but i will not miss tomorrows doublestack.. really looking forward to it infact, same as fridays (made a big sacrafice for tomorrows game)
  • edited October 2009
  • edited October 2009

The Saturday Night Open is £10 + £1 to enter. It used to have a Cap of 700. The Guarantee, oddly it may seem, was always £7,000. So unless it maxed out, the Guarantee meant that there would always be an overlay, but there could never be an "underlay" so to speak. In other words, Sky Poker could lose, but not win. 

I enquired some time ago as to this oddity, & they gve me a perfectly reasonable reply. With Friday & Sunday both having £9,000 Guarantees at the time, they wanted a nice headline figure of £25,000 of Guarantees every weekend. (9 + 7 + 9 = 25).

But THIS week, all the Guarantees have been upped by 25%. So Saturday's Guarantee is now £7,000 + 25% = £8,750.

So, to cap Saturday at 700 runners would mean a guaranteed loss. And that would make no sense at all. so I guess they hope that Saturday's Open will attract more than 700, to help offset the increased Guarantee.

Overlays are all very nice, all poker players rave about them, but nothing in life is free. Guarantees come out of the Promotional Budget, so every time there is an Overlay, that means less money to spend, or give away, elsewhere on the Site.

So, now it all makes sense!
  • edited October 2009
  • edited October 2009
    Hi guys, have been away for about 6 weeks because the poker gods really did not like me for some reason. What have i come back to? Look at all the big tournies and deep stacks! where did they come from? Well done sky, nice 1. The problem i have now is to try and multi table 8 at a time and a bank roll of £200 WHOOHOO!!! Great stuff guys, see you at a few tables tonight i hope.
  • edited October 2009
    errrrr yeah thats exactly how i worked it out as well tikay.lol
  • edited October 2009
    With a higher player count it wont be full like at the weekend when with 10 mins to go their are no places left, so it has to be a good thing.
  • edited October 2009
    ty for your reply tk ,as always u make things crystal clear ,it all makes sense now ....... cu at the tables and goodluck.....ten
  • edited October 2009

I doubt i will play many tournys if they have over 700 players in them, Although the blind levels going up to 10 minutes is really positive, the amount of luck in the open's are still massive.

How many players does everyone reckon would play, if the sunday open was structured to last around 7 hours?

That would be heaven to me, But am i own my own? lol

• edited October 2009
    DeuceAK-47 im fully in for a 7 hour tournament.

When i register for a tournament i like to know im in for the long haul not just 5 mins here and there, or survive the first hour with a reasonable stack your garenteed to get paid, i like to have long entertainment with a challenge
  • edited October 2009
    DeuceAK-47 im fully in for a 7 hour tournament. When i register for a tournament i like to know im in for the long haul not just 5 mins here and there, or survive the first hour with a reasonable stack your garenteed to get paid, i like to have long entertainment with a challenge
    Posted by The_Don90
    Your statement explains perfectly how i feel (glad im not the only one lol)

You would have the challenge and fun of the deepstack's and the buzz and excitement of the opens.

I reckon a good (probably the only) way to get huge fields would be to have the tournament at a reasonable price (eg £10), 3 hour highlights on sky tv and  make it a monthly tourny only with the champion getting the tourny named after them for the next one. (like the monday deepstack)

Maybe one day ..............
  • edited October 2009

Been sat under this table since 9 o'clock where are you all?