You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HOW BORING AM I?

edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
WAS PLAYING A DEEPSTACK THIS AFTERNOON AND WAS AMAZED AT THE PLAY OF ANOUTHER PLAYER. THOUGHT I WILL LOOK  HIM UP ON SHARKSCOPE. AFTER I DID THIS I SHARKSCOPE MYSELF AND IVE PLAYED 1001 GAMES ROI -1% PROFIT $14. SO SPENT ABOUT 42 DAYS OF MY LIFE SAT IN FRONT ON MY LAPTOP AND ALL I HAVE TO SHOW FOR IT IS ABOUT £8.50. 
I KNOW THESE FIGURES ARE ACCEPTABLE FOR A FUN PLAYER LIKE MYSELF AND IM NOT LOOKING FOR ADVICE BUT IM JUST FEELING A LITTLE BIT SAFE. 
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE YOUR VOTE BELOW.
ALSO IF YOUR FIGURES ARE MORE NON DESCRIPT THAN MINE PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

Comments

• edited October 2009
    I voted for most boring. But only because you typed all that in capitals. Write in lower case and i might change my vote :-)
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to HOW BORING AM I?:
    WAS PLAYING A DEEPSTACK THIS AFTERNOON AND WAS AMAZED AT THE PLAY OF ANOUTHER PLAYER. THOUGHT I WILL LOOK  HIM UP ON SHARKSCOPE. AFTER I DID THIS I SHARKSCOPE MYSELF AND IVE PLAYED 1001 GAMES ROI -1% PROFIT $14. SO SPENT ABOUT 42 DAYS OF MY LIFE SAT IN FRONT ON MY LAPTOP AND ALL I HAVE TO SHOW FOR IT IS ABOUT £8.50.  I KNOW THESE FIGURES ARE ACCEPTABLE FOR A FUN PLAYER LIKE MYSELF AND IM NOT LOOKING FOR ADVICE BUT IM JUST FEELING A LITTLE BIT SAFE.  PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE YOUR VOTE BELOW. ALSO IF YOUR FIGURES ARE MORE NON DESCRIPT THAN MINE PLEASE LET ME KNOW.  
    Posted by BADBOY985
    $14 or £8.50 if i was you id wait until the exchange rate is at its best before cashing.
  • edited October 2009
    Sorry I fell asleep halfway through the first sentence... ;-) lol
  • edited October 2009
    i was browsing on sharkscope last night ,wanted to c a few players stats ,but ur only allowed 5 free searches a day .....i done the 4 that i  wanted too check ,and had one search left,so i remembered rich orford won the open not so long back ,and was doing a bankroll challenge a while back ,under the name FREEZER ..... so out of curiosity i scoped our rich ,and i can tell u all now guys and gals ......BE SCARED ,BE VERY SCARED
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: HOW BORING AM I?:
    Sorry I fell asleep halfway through the first sentence... ;-) lol
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    lol
  • edited October 2009
    i was browsing on sharkscope last night ,wanted to c a few players stats ,but ur only allowed 5 free searches a day .....i done the 4 that i  wanted too check ,and had one search left,so i remembered rich orford won the open not so long back ,and was doing a bankroll challenge a while back ,under the name FREEZER ..... so out of curiosity i scoped our rich ,and i can tell u all now guys and gals ......BE SCARED ,BE VERY SCARED
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    "one open win does not a Champion make"       butros butros ghali 12 July 1995
  • edited October 2009
    Sorry i voted for the Tikay and nick leeson option purely as it made me laugh :)
  • edited October 2009
    Never sharkscope yourself...its like looking in a circus mirror
  • edited October 2009

What right do sharkscope have to collect data on me? I thought we had a Data Protection Act in this country.
    I have never given them permission to amass data on me.

btw - you can stop anyone seeing information on you if you want, I did about two years ago. There is only ever one reason that anyone would want to see this information - to get some kind of an advantage over you. Don't give it to them.
  • edited October 2009
    Good point BB, I'm sure that site must be contravening some law somewhere...
  • edited October 2009

HOLD THE FRONT PAGE !!!!!!!

YOU MAY WANT TO RECONSIDER YOUR VOTES

DA DA DA DA DA DA DAAAAAAAAAA

JUST CASHED IN THE 10.35 £100 GUARANTEED

AND SWELLED MY COFFERS BY ANOUTHER........................................................................................................34p/51c

HAVE SOME OF THAT SHARKSCOPE!!!!

• edited October 2009
    The only reasons people hide their stats are because they are either paranoid about other players getting an advantage or are embarassed.
  • edited October 2009
    Never sharkscope yourself...its like looking in a circus mirror
    Posted by MrMagooo

All mirrors look like circus mirrors to you m8
  • edited October 2009

i can see your point on the  collecting of data bluster {what right do they have } but i fail to see how u can gain an advantage from reading someones stats ,the only information i get from reading sharkscope ,is whether the player is good at mtts or not ,i did say in an earlier post about rich orford ,whos stats are very good ,quite impressive acually......but it hasnt given me any info on how to beat the player or gain an advantage over them............im just failing too see the advantage point ............if some player takes me out of a mtt and plays well ,or if a player takes me out of a mtt playing bad {allin j2os} im just curious to see what kind of stats  they have.......anyways i hope i havnt offended anybody ......gl at the tables ten

• edited October 2009
    thats exactly it spade... shark scope only gives you an indication of whether or not a player is good. This information is public as you could record it all yourself so sharkscope is legal.
  • edited October 2009
    HOLD THE FRONT PAGE !!!!!!! YOU MAY WANT TO RECONSIDER YOUR VOTES DA DA DA DA DA DA DAAAAAAAAAA JUST CASHED IN THE 10.35 £100 GUARANTEED AND SWELLED MY COFFERS BY ANOUTHER........................................................................................................34p/51c HAVE SOME OF THAT SHARKSCOPE!!!!
    Posted by BADBOY985
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ JUST KIDDIN LOL
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to HOW BORING AM I?:
    WAS PLAYING A DEEPSTACK THIS AFTERNOON AND WAS AMAZED AT THE PLAY OF ANOUTHER PLAYER. THOUGHT I WILL LOOK  HIM UP ON SHARKSCOPE. AFTER I DID THIS I SHARKSCOPE MYSELF AND IVE PLAYED 1001 GAMES ROI -1% PROFIT $14. SO SPENT ABOUT 42 DAYS OF MY LIFE SAT IN FRONT ON MY LAPTOP AND ALL I HAVE TO SHOW FOR IT IS ABOUT £8.50.  I KNOW THESE FIGURES ARE ACCEPTABLE FOR A FUN PLAYER LIKE MYSELF AND IM NOT LOOKING FOR ADVICE BUT IM JUST FEELING A LITTLE BIT SAFE.  PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE YOUR VOTE BELOW. ALSO IF YOUR FIGURES ARE MORE NON DESCRIPT THAN MINE PLEASE LET ME KNOW.  
    Posted by BADBOY985

"Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pound ought and six, result misery."

Charles Dickens
  • edited October 2009
    i can see your point on the  collecting of data bluster {what right do they have } but i fail to see how u can gain an advantage from reading someones stats ,the only information i get from reading sharkscope ,is whether the player is good at mtts or not ,i did say in an earlier post about rich orford ,whos stats are very good ,quite impressive acually......but it hasnt given me any info on how to beat the player or gain an advantage over them............im just failing too see the advantage point ............if some player takes me out of a mtt and plays well ,or if a player takes me out of a mtt playing bad {allin j2os} im just curious to see what kind of stats  they have.......anyways i hope i havnt offended anybody ......gl at the tables ten
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    it can't give you an insight to how they play, however it adds to the overall picture.

when you hvae a premium account, you get more detailed info....ie if someone has many 2k profit over 1000 games you can see if that is consistant or if its come from one luckbox tournie win.  

also if someone has a large loss rate, then they are gonna be bad.  once you know this you can zone in on their tendencies pretty quickly.

bad players tend to play the same.  they are so easy to exploit and every bit of info you can get makes it easier.

it is a skill to recognise this tho and taking some time to really understand the stats is worthwhile.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: HOW BORING AM I? :   All mirrors look like circus mirrors to you m8
    Posted by elsadog
    Yeah iv never been able to find a hat that fits my mishapen bendy head, you got one you could lend me?
  • edited October 2009
    what is sharkscope? and how do I see mine?
  • edited October 2009
    GOOGLE THE NAME ITS A WEBSITE THAT CARRYS STATS FOR ONLINE PLAYERS YOU CAN SEARCH 5 A DAY FOR FREE JUST PUT YOUR POKER ALIAS IN AND IT TELL YOU WHAT YOUVE WON YOUR ROI  AND STUFF AS YOU CAN SEE OPINION IS DIVIDED ABOUT ITS USEFULLNESS
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to HOW BORING AM I? : " Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pound ought and six, result misery. " Charles Dickens
    Posted by MereNovice
    THANKS FOR INJECTING SOME CULTURE TO PROCEEDINGS MR NOVICE.
    ALTHOUGH WHEN I SAW YOUR NAME NEXT TO A RESPONSE I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO TELL ME THAT MY 42 DAY ESTIMATE WAS INCORRECT BY 5 HOUR 18 MINUTES AND 47 SECONDS LOL
  • edited October 2009
    Thanks BADBOY985.

700 games played and ROI of -27% and ability of 53

I dont think that sounds good.....maybe I shouldnt have looked that up..lol
  • edited October 2009
    The only reasons people hide their stats are because they are either paranoid about other players getting an advantage or are embarassed.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    I don't agree at all.

I don't want to give anyone any sort of insight in to whether my account is up or down and as a result as to whether I am a 'good or bad' player. People who play me regularly know how I play and I accept that.

Any insight I give in the forum as to my play or ability is purely voluntary, but I have no intentions of giving a 'newbie' or someone who does not know me or read the forums any more information about me apart from the size of the bet I am currently making.

This information offered by sharkscope is not voluntarily offered by myself and personally I do feel it is an infringement of the DPA. Someone posted here that you could keep a record yourself. Well, that is what player notes are for. However, No one can accurately monitor another players account in the way sharkscope can.

Not that I trust sharkscope stats anyway, trust me, I looked at mine recently and can assure you that they are no way near to being correct, but that's for another thread.
  • edited October 2009
    Thanks BADBOY985. 700 games played and ROI of -27% and ability of 53 I dont think that sounds good.....maybe I shouldnt have looked that up..lol
    Posted by COCASIRF
    Dont trust Sharkscope, it dont give u the whole picture
  • edited October 2009
    thanks barry.....I am only a beginner and hopefully it will provide a smokescreen ;)
  • edited October 2009
    i dont know, thats not a big profit from 1001 hands.