You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

wheres the 8.15 deepstack gone

edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
sky has been informing us of changes  for the last 2 weeks on tournaments .

but never mentioned it would result in the 8.15 deepstack been withdrawn .

i find this to be very unfair to the regular players in this game .

yet no other games were withdrawn, just this 1 .

it would have been so easy to have made us aware .

so we could have had our speak .

the numbers are less in the 7.30 deepstack but presenters play this alot ,

is this the reason we got the chop.

Comments

• edited October 2009
    I was going to enter this as well, the 7:30 is too expensive and the 9:15 too late for me 2nite, however i reckon they have just made a mistake - one of those monday hangover things. Lets see if its on tommorow night before we let the brown stuff hit the fan eh???
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: wheres the 8.15 deepstack gone:
    I was going to enter this as well, the 7:30 is too expensive and the 9:15 too late for me 2nite, however i reckon they have just made a mistake - one of those monday hangover things. Lets see if its on tommorow night before we let the brown stuff hit the fan eh???
    Posted by loonytoons
    this ^^
  • edited October 2009
    i've seen "this" posted many times on the forum in response to posts and never know what it stands for or means exactly. can anyone clarify this for me?
  • edited October 2009
    Maybe its a simple mistake, because the new 500 quaranteed was at 8.15 as well. Hopefully just got left off and were all  back to normal 2 mora.
  • edited October 2009
    i've seen "this" posted many times on the forum in response to posts and never know what it stands for or means exactly. can anyone clarify this for me?
    Posted by Buistyboy
    Just to clarify 'this - adj,pronoun used to refer to a thing or person nearby, just mentioned, or about to be mentioned. adj used to refer to the present time eg this morning' I got this information from the collins English Dictionary, i hope this helps.
  • edited October 2009
    well i was gutted it wasnt there came back from my sons especially to play it. Like a couple of you have said its hopefully a mistake and we will all be happy again tomorrow when its back.

please bring bk 8.15 ds :)
  • edited October 2009
    nice one loonytoons lol
  • edited October 2009
    Maybe its a simple mistake, because the new 500 quaranteed was at 8.15 as well. Hopefully just got left off and were all  back to normal 2 mora.
    Posted by Ozzie08[/QU

Agree , think it will be back on tomorrow .
  • edited October 2009
    Posted by Ozzie08[/QU

Agree , think it will be back on tomorrow .
  • edited October 2009
    lets hope pillowman aye
  • edited October 2009
    Hi guys and gals.

Due to popular demand the £5 deepie will be returning tonight. It'll be the same format as all the other £5 deepstacks on the site.

Thanks,
    Steve
  • edited October 2009

Thank you but a question if I may?

Why do these tournaments have either go, be changed from 6 man to ten man or whatever only to be changed back AFTER comments on the forum.  Why can't the question be asked first to gauge opinion then make the change if there is support? 

While I fully support Sky trying to attract new customers to the site and make the money that it needs as a business, I do think that in line with many businesses today the company is in danger of forgetting its core and current customers. 

So rather than change or delete tournaments that are already within the portfolio, can't you just add additional different tournaments giving everyone a choice - stay the same or try the new?

• edited October 2009
    Hi TVSpice

Thanks for your comments. A lot of the changes we make are on the back of comments on this forum, coupled with comments we receive from customers via other channels such as customer care and customer surveys. Sometimes, in fact most of the time, these changes don't please everyone and that's when we revert to the way things were.

I hope that answers your question.

Thanks,
    Steve
  • edited October 2009
    Hi TVSpice Thanks for your comments. A lot of the changes we make are on the back of comments on this forum, coupled with comments we receive from customers via other channels such as customer care and customer surveys. Sometimes, in fact most of the time, these changes don't please everyone and that's when we revert to the way things were. I hope that answers your question. Thanks, Steve
    Posted by Sky_SteveM
    Basically very hard to please everyone!

I'm easy though. lol

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: wheres the 8.15 deepstack gone : Basically very hard to please everyone! I'm easy though. lol
    Posted by Grimstar30
    Hi Dave

Least that what Alan tells us ;)
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to wheres the 8.15 deepstack gone:
    sky has been informing us of changes  for the last 2 weeks on tournaments . but never mentioned it would result in the 8.15 deepstack been withdrawn . i find this to be very unfair to the regular players in this game . yet no other games were withdrawn, just this 1 . it would have been so easy to have made us aware . so we could have had our speak . the numbers are less in the 7.30 deepstack but presenters play this alot , is this the reason we got the chop.
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    !

Err, in case anyone believes that, the answer is "no". 
  • edited October 2009
    Thank you but a question if I may? Why do these tournaments have either go, be changed from 6 man to ten man or whatever only to be changed back AFTER comments on the forum.  Why can't the question be asked first to gauge opinion then make the change if there is support?  While I fully support Sky trying to attract new customers to the site and make the money that it needs as a business, I do think that in line with many businesses today the company is in danger of forgetting its core and current customers.  So rather than change or delete tournaments that are already within the portfolio, can't you just add additional different tournaments giving everyone a choice - stay the same or try the new?
    Posted by TVSpice
    This has been a great bone of contention lately, however my opinion is that sky have created a little niche in the market by primarily using the short table format. I believe that this does set it apart from other sites Whome all seem to be clones of each other. I also believe that the problem originally was they changed every deep stack to 10 seaters, when maybe the £22 one could have been changed only, this would have still given sky its uniqueness
  • edited October 2009
    look tk we know you like 10 seater deepstacks, god knows you have pushed it enough on the forum  .

but how many times do we at the 8.15  6 seater deepstacks have to say it .

lets have both.

your sending off the info from your thread again  to your m8 bernie [ the guy that decides ]  , last time you did this all the six seater deepstacks were changed in to 10 seaters.

but we dont have that luxury.

you and the  other presenters never play the 5 pound deepstack six seater anymore and it was your idea in the first place .

for the second time we had to protest to get our 6 seater deepstack back .

yet the numbers are less in the 6 seater 22 pound deepstack that you play  at 7.30.

i know you are far more popular then any of us on the 8.15 deepstack ,

and i will probaly get a load of your m8s giving me a earful over this post ,

but if this is what it takes so be it .

now the numbers are down again tonight in our deepstack because players think it has been withdrawn again.

send this thread to bernie please .

note above we dont have that luxury