You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

deep nl50...what can i get to fold here?

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic
villain is very good and tends to own the living daylights out of me.  we are on several tables together and havent really clashed in any significant pots. 

decided this was a good spot to play back.  thoughts please

what does he need to call me here?
what can i get him to fold?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Tadpoles Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £55.63
GLifUlose Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £99.50
  Your hole cards

villain Raise  £1.50 £2.25 £93.00
huuuuume Call  £1.50 £3.75 £94.35
miamosh Fold     
Tadpoles Fold     
GLifUlose Fold     
Flop

• K

villain Bet  £2.50 £6.25 £90.50
huuuuume Call  £2.50 £8.75 £91.85
Turn

villain Bet  £6.00 £14.75 £84.50
huuuuume Raise  £16.50 £31.25 £75.35
villain Raise  £29.00 £60.25 £55.50
huuuuume All-in  £75.35 £135.60 £0.00

Comments

• edited November 2011
    He's not folding anything he's 3betting the turn for value with (includes all twopair combos and sets, and v. big combo draws)

Jamming over a £30 bet when villain has £60 back is pretty suicidal given he has 3bet turn
  • edited November 2011
    Also - your hand looks like KT almost exclusively. And hes still raising. You think hes trying to get you to fold KT?
  • edited November 2011
    cant believe what im seeing on the turn u are turning your hand into a bluff with the 4 bet all in how can u possibly be ahead here it  hate it  hate it  hate it hate it 
  • edited November 2011
    i think both players have played the hand badly.
  • edited November 2011
    if you want to play this hand like this then i would bluff-raise flop. if hes a good player then the combination of hands he is opening pre and c-betting with will be massive. he will fold so many times. plus it doesnt polarise our range as there are so many combination of hands we will be raising this flop with. we can rep pretty much any type of hand and continue on the turn and the story will make sense.

as played, run away with our tail between our legs and fold to his 3b on the turn
  • edited November 2011

What can you get to fold here?

Well.. all 1 pair hands, possibly some 2 pairs and should get bare flush draws to fold.
    But the hands the villain is 3 betting turn with contain very few of the above unless he is bluffmiester general. Damage limitation fold to 3 bet. 

Roll on the result to prove me totally wrong :)

• edited November 2011
    The way he is betting I cant see him folding to anything unless he is on a bluff which you must feel is the case here!
  • edited November 2011
    huuume when u raised to 16.50 then the villain reraise to £29 what was u thinking u must have a good read to go all in its a very dry flop your basically gambling your all in makes him fold because ya never ahead here 
  • edited November 2011
    ironically i was thinking that this guy just owns me all the time so im going to make a stand and take the pot from him.  as it turns out he owned me as usual and my shove was ridiculous as has been made obvious in this thread lol

on the bright side i did have 2 outs when the money went in :)

on the not so bright side i didnt hit my 2 outs :(
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: deep nl50...what can i get to fold here?:
    ironically i was thinking that this guy just owns me all the time so im going to make a stand and take the pot from him.  as it turns out he owned me as usual and my shove was ridiculous as has been made obvious in this thread lol on the bright side i did have 2 outs when the money went in :) on the not so bright side i didnt hit my 2 outs :(
    Posted by huuuuume
    who was the opponent? gerrard9,jimmynoleg because they 2 own me all the time lol
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: deep nl50...what can i get to fold here? : who was the opponent? gerrard9,jimmynoleg because they 2 own me all the time lol
    Posted by liamboi11
    How do they own anyone? They play with their cards face up most of the time, esp g9
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: deep nl50...what can i get to fold here? : How do they own anyone? They play with their cards face up most of the time, esp g9
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    well whatever they do they always seem 2 win evry table a see them play and are really tough to play againist imo