You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Main event exit hand

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic

Opinions please

Oppo is a very capable high end MTT/Cash player, if you don’t know

Not concerned about oppo’s play because I want the call on the flop

Should I bet more on flop ?

Can I really b/f turn ?

Is shoving turn bad ?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
paulhouk03 Small blind   125.00 125.00 10494.00
metz19777 Big blind   250.00 375.00 11090.00
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • Q

GliterBabe Fold        
wudibluff Fold        
rancid Raise   750.00 1125.00 4993.50
andrew1947 Call   750.00 1875.00 12032.50
paulhouk03 Fold        
metz19777 Fold        
Flop

• J
  • Q

rancid Bet   937.50 2812.50 4056.00
andrew1947 Call   937.50 3750.00 11095.00
Turn

rancid All-in   4056.00 7806.00 0.00
andrew1947 Call   4056.00 11862.00 7039.00
rancid Show
  • A
  • Q

andrew1947 Show

River

• Q

andrew1947 Win Full House, 9s and Queens 11862.00   18901.00

Comments

• edited November 2011
    not  much u can do here played itself just ul he hit a 2 outter 
  • edited November 2011
    bet flop bigger, maybe he still floats u but its harder for him to do so if your bet is bigger. ul.

don't think have stack to b/f turn, think most people will go broke here.
  • edited November 2011
    Bet bigger on flop.

3/4 of the pot there's a few draws straight and flush's you want to price out.

Dont mind turn shove dont think its going to get called by much that you beat but will get rid of all draws
  • edited November 2011
    basically just hate your opponent for turning his set.

unrucky.
  • edited November 2011
    Im still hurting from my beat ,i have AJ raise to 400 get one oppo,Flop Q10 5 both check,Turn K oppo bets 500 i raise min he bets 2k i shove allin 9800,he calls his last 8300 shows KQ.riv Q  ouch ouch ouch.I will have to win all 3 tonight in dtd.lol gl
  • edited November 2011
    Could bet flop bigger and it might have got rid of him but he may not muck em anyhow.

Unlucky.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Main event exit hand:
    basically just hate your opponent for turning his set. unrucky.
    Posted by beaneh
    init h8tr 4 life )

In hindsight how could I have got away from it, no chance i guess :S

The problem is my shove on turn only gets called by KQ or better surely, this is the only problem I have with the shove -
    but I want the shove to be called by what !!! KQ but I am not betting half my stack so.. shove it
    Can I really b/f 800-1100 25% of my stack - surely not

Also when I bet flop I want the call, don't want oppo to fold...so is the amount an issue... when he calls I know I am ahead so....if he beating me on flop I am sure he raises my lead on that board, he would also 3 bet AK pre so......what draw could he have - K10/A10/910
    shove on turn is to get a call stack=pot so.....20ish bb's I need a double through now for any chance of a deep run...

I feel ok about it to be frank, apart from oppo floating me but hey ho....

Being highly critical of myself the 9 completes draws so emmmmmmmm --- c/f :D
    Given the fact that I thought oppo may be floating putting me on AK or drawing with oppo having blocker 10's or something makes the turn shove look a bit out of place ()

• edited November 2011
    bet flop bigger, are you b/c or b/f btw?

I'd be tempted to crai on turn, but not sure thats great
  • edited November 2011
    bet flop bigger but result prob still the same against this player with his stack size.
    Just unlucky really
  • edited November 2011
    Yh about 1100 but even as played you have a perfect shove stack for turn.

Also you can open for less than 750, 625 would be my sort of average at that blind level.
  • edited November 2011

bet flop bigger, are you b/c or b/f btw? I'd be tempted to crai on turn, but not sure thats great

Posted by grantorino

b/c, maybe this could be the better line but  I am just giving away cards if he checks back

b/f, was my other option but didn’t think I had the stack to do this

crai, again giving away cards, but it would turn my hand into a bluff wouldn’t it and what would oppo fold there – can’t see oppo calling off with worse

I am only getting worse to call here, KQ/10’s – can’t see how I could of got the double through with any of the three above tbh –

Thought maybe the shove looked a bit bluffy (AK)  but also crai would look too strong

Really can’t see how I can do anything else but shove the turn

• edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Main event exit hand : b/c, maybe this could be the better line but  I am just giving away cards if he checks back b/f, was my other option but didn’t think I had the stack to do this crai, again giving away cards, but it would turn my hand into a bluff wouldn’t it and what would oppo fold there – can’t see oppo calling off with worse   I am only getting worse to call here, KQ/10’s – can’t see how I could of got the double through with any of the three above tbh – Thought maybe the shove looked a bit bluffy (AK)  but also crai would look too strong Really can’t see how I can do anything else but shove the turn  
    Posted by rancid
    you can convince yourself in 15 seconds that he has K10 for the straight and fold ;)
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Main event exit hand : you can convince yourself in 15 seconds that he has K10 for the straight and fold ;)
    Posted by NColley

lol

Maybe if I was deeper I could b/f or c/c but with the possibility of being floated these days it’s very difficult to find folds in very aggro MTT fields, don’t you think.

• edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Main event exit hand : b/c, maybe this could be the better line but  I am just giving away cards if he checks back b/f, was my other option but didn’t think I had the stack to do this crai, again giving away cards, but it would turn my hand into a bluff wouldn’t it and what would oppo fold there – can’t see oppo calling off with worse   I am only getting worse to call here, KQ/10’s – can’t see how I could of got the double through with any of the three above tbh – Thought maybe the shove looked a bit bluffy (AK)  but also crai would look too strong Really can’t see how I can do anything else but shove the turn  
    Posted by rancid
    Surely if we c/r turn we get money against a wider range than calls a shove for just over pot, esp if you think he floats a lot. We do obv risk giving a free card. Not saying its best line, was just a thought. I dont think you can ever avoid going broke here
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Main event exit hand :
     Surely if we c/r turn we get money against a wider range than calls a shove for just over pot, esp if you think he floats a lot. We do obv risk giving a free card. Not saying its best line, was just a thought. I dont think you can ever avoid going broke here

Posted by grantorino

My thinking is c/r always looks stronger so therefore will not be called wider, a shove maybe called lighter as it looks weaker ?

But yeah I am always going broke here, if deeper can get away but not with my stack size

• edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Main event exit hand : My thinking is c/r always looks stronger so therefore will not be called wider, a shove maybe called lighter as it looks weaker ? But yeah I am always going broke here, if deeper can get away but not with my stack size
    Posted by rancid
    well c/r prob does look stronger, but he bets a lot more hands than call a shove for slightly more than pot, and if he bets a hand with any equity he nearly has to call a shove. We lose more often than when we openshove turn and risk a bad river card if he checks back
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Main event exit hand : well c/r prob does look stronger, but he bets a lot more hands than call a shove for slightly more than pot, and if he bets a hand with any equity he nearly has to call a shove. We lose more often than when we openshove turn and risk a bad river card if he checks back
    Posted by grantorino
    good point, ty