You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SPT £5 sat wierd spot

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic
very active oppo

layerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceDonatello1Small blind 40.0040.008926.25The_Don90Big blind 80.00120.003523.75 Your hole cardsQK   plater83Fold    jamielouFold    emmjamRaise 320.00440.002295.00Donatello1Call 280.00720.008646.25The_Don90Raise 720.001440.002803.75emmjamFold    Donatello1All-in 8646.2510086.250.00The_Don90Fold

Comments

• edited November 2011
    A 4x open raise at 40/80 is pretty big so to then reraise you're showing massive strength but your hand isn't great, when you raise are you looking to get it in or just make them fold as not sure what can call that you beat plus you miss flop a lot and could have to make big bluff shove or worse still check fold.

Being a nit I just call pre and see what flop brings, as played snap fold surely.
  • edited November 2011

i call.

if he is only flatting the original raise oop i just dont see him having you crushed (unless he is terrible??!!?!?)

with that in mind i call and take what im hoping is a flip because ive already put 20% of my chips in.

just dont see how you can raise/fold here

i dont like raise size either....i think you need to make it bigger because if you go 3 way to that flop out of position then it is such a horrible spot

• edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: SPT £5 sat wierd spot:
    i call. if he is only flatting the original raise oop i just dont see him having you crushed (unless he is terrible??!!?!?) with that in mind i call and take what im hoping is a flip because ive already put 20% of my chips in. just dont see how you can raise/fold here i dont like raise size either....i think you need to make it bigger because if you go 3 way to that flop out of position then it is such a horrible spot
    Posted by huuuuume
    tbh he seemed terrible (mt personal opinion and ive only played a few hands withhim so very small volume and i may change my view on this). Im not actually sure where i was here the only thing i could think of tht was realistically cud do this was slow playing Aces, not wanting to 3bet scaring the button off.

I didnt wana flat and play multiway OOP although is this an option.

Also ty for responce on 3b size.
  • edited November 2011
    U can fold ......

Need more detailed reads on opener and shover ......

Why did u do it? for value or as a bluff?

Haven't given much to go on.
  • edited November 2011
    i wouldnt raise this unless your opponents is raising alot of hands light a action junkie then  your raise is fine u can win on most flop just by betting but i dnt really like this i would normally call see a flop 
  • edited November 2011
    I just fold pre as this is a satellite, Read eyemans satellitte guide, helped me a lot to qualify for bigger tourneys by not playing hands like this.
  • edited November 2011
    I cant see what you were trying to achieve with your raise. After a biggish raise and call it is never going to take the pot down, its not big enough. Looks like you made a snap decision to hit the pot button. Original raiser may have had AJ/A10 and had to fold with someone to act behind.  I think you were then lucky the other guy shoved. If he flatted your very pretty KQ suited plays badly against his range and even with position may have given you more problems post flop.

Even a K or Q high flop you still wouldnt know where you were. 2 spades on the flop would be good but you would have still got the value from that by flatting.

Having made the raise, I see nothing wrong with then folding. You were likely way behind.  Inability to 3bet/fold is one of the major leaks I am trying to iron out in my game.