You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

more than normal.

edited November 2011 in Area 51
playing recently. as much as normal..

i have noticed the ammount of bad beats has gone up.  i dont know if paople are just chasing more or just playing more rubbish.. 

i dont understand how someone with less than bottom pair showing on the board can chase the street. others with raggy A high missing everything on the board can chase..

but yesterday was a classic for me.  i could talk about hot seats in mtt but i will not go there...

in last nights dtd playing for 2 hours on 3 tables. the bad beats were above 50

myself i had someone go allin after my raise on flop. i knew he didnt have the board so my pair was good only for the A high to hit.. unusual (i dont think so)

then there was another one i remember clearly. myeself and 2 others in a hand (one chip leader table)

two of us had 2 pair and the table chipleader managed to get runner runner flush

the bad beat on sky have increased on sky for the last 3 weeks..  i have seen more than normal..

like i said i dont know if people are playing badly or they just chase the street expecting it to come..

the question is . have they flicked a switch to create more bad beats.. the ammount of runner runner or river wins has gone up ..

i am not the only one who has noticed this, but others would not say anything. as for me. i have no problem saying anything.  ppl do discuss it at the tables but not in the forums..

sky need to fix the connection problems aswell..  amazing how you can connect to the web but sometimes find it hard or lose connection with sky

Comments

• edited November 2011
    An anonymous Sky player has found proof of this, I doubt i'll be playing on SKy again...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
  • edited November 2011
    yet again another bad callers hits runner runner .....  ffs..  having a good hand means nothing when they instant call all ins cos they have AK.  it was obvious i had a better hand but it took less than a second for the person(being polite) called cos emmm. I HAVE AK.. I MUST BE WINNING...and yes getting lucky..

i am sick of hearing variance..  sick of the BULL S***....   

then you find they are new to the site...  mmmm.  honeymoon period..  

something someone will completely deny ever happening on any site..  r u sure ???...
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: more than normal.:
    An anonymous Sky player has found proof of this, I doubt i'll be playing on SKy again... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
    Posted by Poker_Fail
    Yup . . . definitely a bad beat.
  • edited November 2011
    . . . I HAVE AK.. I MUST BE WINNING...and yes getting lucky..
    Posted by bigal36903
    AKo is a big hand, and AKs even more so. Shoving, or calling an all-in, pre-flop gives around a 60% chance of pairing one of these. With all of the other possible combinations of outcomes, I think if they go up against an underpair it's virtually a coin flip.

Sit down with a cup of tea / pint / vat of wine / whatever and a deck of cards - remove an AK and two paired cards (queens?) and then deal the flop, turn and river. Make a note of the number of times AK wins, and why. Do the exercise three times, with 200 hands each time.

600 hands is a tiny sample and so the final result may be hugely different from 50%, but one thing you can hang your hat on is that the pair won't win 95% of the time. It will go some way to settling your concerns that the RNG here is fixed (which is highly unlikely).
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: more than normal. : AKo is a big hand, and AKs even more so. Shoving, or calling an all-in, pre-flop gives around a 60% chance of pairing one of these. With all of the other possible combinations of outcomes, I think if they go up against an underpair it's virtually a coin flip. Sit down with a cup of tea / pint / vat of wine / whatever and a deck of cards - remove an AK and two paired cards (queens?) and then deal the flop, turn and river. Make a note of the number of times AK wins, and why. Do the exercise three times, with 200 hands each time. 600 hands is a tiny sample and so the final result may be hugely different from 50%, but one thing you can hang your hat on is that the pair won't win 95% of the time. It will go some way to settling your concerns that the RNG here is fixed (which is highly unlikely).
    Posted by Goethe
    Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

123,285,888  games     0.133 secs   926,961,563  games/sec

Board: 
    Dead:  

equity win          tie              pots won pots tied
    Hand 0: 43.242%   43.03% 00.21%      53051544   260154.00   { AKo }
    Hand 1: 56.758%   56.55% 00.21%      69714036   260154.00   { QQ }

• edited November 2011
    Has anyone ever ever considered the fact that the RNG may only deliver RANDOM 'hole cards' ?? and then deal the flop , turn and river depending on what cards/what players entered the pot pre flop ??
    This could easily explain why 2 - 3 big hands all just happen to 'connect' with the flop etc at that very specific moment.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: more than normal. : AKo is a big hand, and AKs even more so. Shoving, or calling an all-in, pre-flop gives around a 60% chance of pairing one of these. With all of the other possible combinations of outcomes, I think if they go up against an underpair it's virtually a coin flip. Sit down with a cup of tea / pint / vat of wine / whatever and a deck of cards - remove an AK and two paired cards (queens?) and then deal the flop, turn and river. Make a note of the number of times AK wins, and why. Do the exercise three times, with 200 hands each time. 600 hands is a tiny sample and so the final result may be hugely different from 50%, but one thing you can hang your hat on is that the pair won't win 95% of the time. It will go some way to settling your concerns that the RNG here is fixed (which is highly unlikely).
    Posted by Goethe
    this action was not pre flop.. this action was post flop...... if i had pushed pre then i wud expect the call but post flop after they miss , then call all in and get lucky with only 2 cards to come is different