You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL20 3 bet squeeze from bb and pot bet on 10 high flop

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic

Blinds are quite tight hence why im opening in cut off, Person who flats behind is also quite tight so probably AQ/AJ, KQ/QJ quite a narrow range or small pp

BB 3 bet previously with QQ and stacked of on 10 high board last time i folded with JJ but he lost his stack to KK

dont really know wat to do in this position obviously i only have a draw and likely they have at least high pp, probably can cancel out a set as its a big bet on a dry board

should i be a) shoving b) call(worst option imo) c) fold , im pretty sure unless person behind has a set he's folding

I have been opening probably at least 1 in 2 buttons and c betting alot, CO the odd one not every unopened, i've been playing solid not shown down any hands and been at table for about half hour.

DirtyDolla Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £48.43
bb Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £19.80
  Your hole cards

jme_86 Fold     
Wengene Fold     
YOUNG_GUN Raise  £0.60 £0.90 £22.97
nit Call  £0.60 £1.50 £18.50
DirtyDolla Fold     
bb Raise  £1.60 £3.10 £18.20
YOUNG_GUN Call  £1.20 £4.30 £21.77
nit Call  £1.20 £5.50 £17.30
Flop

BB Bet  £4.13 £9.63 £14.07
YOUNG_GUN Fold     
nitFold     
bb Muck     
bb Win  £5.22  £19.29
bb Return  £4.13 £0.28 £23.42

Comments

• edited November 2011
    i would of folded here aswell looks like high pair if u was both deeper stacked then i would of called then u could get hes stack if u hit the 8 outter 
  • edited November 2011
    cant see how you can call pre unless you are playing draws aggressively
  • edited November 2011
  • edited November 2011
    If you think you have no fold equity on the flop then fold yourself. If you know you are getting called then you cant shove as its -ev, you need a certain amount of fold equity to make the shove +ev and it doesnt sound like you have it.

With that in mind, if we take this back to pre flop, i suppose the question should be about calling his 3-bet pre.
  • edited November 2011
    shove flop...let them no they cant lead into you :)

does anyone shove a pot sized bet with a strong hand????
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: NL20 3 bet squeeze from bb and pot bet on 10 high flop:
    shove flop...let them no they cant lead into you :) does anyone shove a pot sized bet with a strong hand????
    Posted by huuuuume

) no they don't
  • edited November 2011
    cant see how you can call pre unless you are playing draws aggressively
    Posted by grantorino
    3.5-1 odds roughly in position with a hand which is pretty easy to play post flop Hit big or get out
  • edited November 2011
     I am struggling to find any logic to your line in this hand.

The raise preflop is fine but when the 3-bet comes in you have to consider what you are calling for.If you are calling to hit 2 pair /made straight or made flush then this is just totally speculative and with the given odds of these occurring very unlikely. The best you can realistically hope for on the flop is to pick up a big draw whether that be oesd or flush draw(or both if really lucky).

As soon as that flop comes down you have got what is probably the best you could hope for with a nice big draw. So i can not see why you would fold to a c-bet in this situation.The odds you are being offered are within the odds of hitting your straight which makes your fold even less logical.

For me if you are going to be folding to c-bets when you hit the flop this well then the best course of action would be to fold to the 3-bet with these type of hands.Yes they do flop well and play well down the streets but you need to have the courage of your convictions on this type of board.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: NL20 3 bet squeeze from bb and pot bet on 10 high flop : 3.5-1 odds roughly in position with a hand which is pretty easy to play post flop Hit big or get out
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Or end up in a tangle, posting in the poker clinic coz u dunno what to do.

;)
  • edited November 2011
    he isnt 3bet squeezing if hes a nit is he....100bb deep against someone u say ur sure will only show up with premiums calling with 67s is not a great idea just burning money as u need a miracle flop and not deep enuf to float and take it away if hes super ABC.

just fold pre, dont need to get FPS at 20nl
  • edited November 2011
    I can assure u its not FPS, i opened and got good odds to call in position agaisnt person who c bets who can have a very narrow range here. 

I can also understand why would i play if im not stacking of on the flop but based on my reads i think they have Overpair here alot of the time IMO its shove or fold with stacksizes but i dont think he folds often enough so i have folded. 

Yes i have asked wat line i should take here and appreciate your comments but i havent just called to hit big pre also as i have position and pretty decent idea of his range so i can take it of with a few bluffs too
  • edited November 2011
    fold pre

i dont think trying to get people to fold QQ+ in 3b pots is ever going ot be profitable either
  • edited November 2011
    If your calling a 3 bet with 67 and flop an open ender it seems abit strange to fold to his bet......if it was me i would go with it hopefully he has AK and you have loads of outs, but i am abit of a gambler sometimes sooo lol
  • edited November 2011
    when u call hes 3 -bet what flop are u hoping to hit 667 lol this a good flop for u but are u happy to gamble all in seems like hes got a big pair 
  • edited November 2011
    I can assure u its not FPS, i opened and got good odds to call in position agaisnt person who c bets who can have a very narrow range here.  I can also understand why would i play if im not stacking of on the flop but based on my reads i think they have Overpair here alot of the time IMO its shove or fold with stacksizes but i dont think he folds often enough so i have folded.  Yes i have asked wat line i should take here and appreciate your comments but i havent just called to hit big pre also as i have position and pretty decent idea of his range so i can take it of with a few bluffs too
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    whats villains range pre?
    what boards are you happy to stack off on?
    What boards do you think you can bluff him off ?

Also I think flatting is sometimes an option, prob not v this guy though
  • edited November 2011
    When i put this i assumed tighter range, but this was from 1 20minute session.

i did put in OP AK/AQ/JJ+ but i actually think its a alot wider now after playing a couple more times.

In the moment if he has AK/AQ i think i can bluff him of alot of flops, if he has 10s/Js/Qs can bluff at A or K boards. 

In all fairness in away its the board i was hoping, but was really in 2 minds ages ago i would auto shove this flop but then found im either way behind or watever so just thought it would be an interesting hand for the clinic