You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

correct fold?

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Hi

I'll try to keep it brief. 10/20p nl. Both of us have £50ish. I raise 3* in cut off 10j spades. BB only caller. Flop 953 spades. I bet £2 bb calls. Turn 3clubs. I bet £4.20, bb raises to £8.70, I raise to £14.90, bb raises to £26. I fold. 
My question is regardless of this hand is it the correct decision to fold?

Thanks for your time.
Ps I don't know what he had.
Cheers

Comments

• edited November 2011
    would be easier if u post the hand up 
  • edited November 2011
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Alfie4paws Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £16.11
    DirtyDolla Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £46.33
      Your hole cards
    • J

52THEFLUSH Fold     
    jme_86 Fold     
    Wengene Raise  £0.80 £1.10 £50.34
    YOUNG_GUN Fold     
    Alfie4paws Fold     
    DirtyDolla Call  £0.60 £1.70 £45.73
    Flop

DirtyDolla Check     
    Wengene Bet  £1.28 £2.98 £49.06
    DirtyDolla Call  £1.28 £4.26 £44.45
    Turn

DirtyDolla Check     
    Wengene Bet  £3.20 £7.46 £45.86
    DirtyDolla Raise  £8.53 £15.99 £35.92
    Wengene Raise  £11.00 £26.99 £34.86
    DirtyDolla Raise  £18.80 £45.79 £17.12
    Wengene Fold     
    DirtyDolla Muck     
    DirtyDolla Win  £31.02  £48.14
    DirtyDolla Return  £13.13 £1.64
  • edited November 2011
    never folding, but I am a station )

why raise turn if your not happy getting it all in ?
    You have put so much in the pot you simply can't fold
  • edited November 2011
    dirtydolla defo not doin that with anyfin less that the nut flush imo he may have 99,44 for the fh also i would say gd fold cause i`ve played him in the past hes gd solid player
  • edited November 2011
    When I first read it I needed to dry my eyes.

But you're drawing dead here almost always!!!
  • edited November 2011
    WOW!! Seems like you made the correct fold. cant imagine he is doing that with a worse hand than you. without really knowing too much about this player, and what he has been getting up to previously, it screams of a full house. he cant be doing that with a draw, 2-pair is hugely unlikely (unless he was slow-playing aa or kk).
    he could have summin like 7-8spades but again unlikely.

I dont think, though, I could ever fold. flopping a flush doesnt happen all the time and i would struggle to get away. probably thats the reason why i never make any profit!!!
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: correct fold?:
    When I first read it I needed to dry my eyes. But you're drawing dead here almost always!!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

ALWAYS dead here. villans range on turn is always house or quads, he wouldnt 4 bet turn with flush and he mostly RR flop with flopped flush
  • edited November 2011

I include the possibility of a misclick in all of my analysis, it's deffo in his range. 

Prob has a mouse from 1991, that's how tight he is with his dirty dollaz. 
  • edited November 2011
    why 3b/f turn?
  • edited November 2011
    Thanks for your comments. Re Grantorino question, in case he was trying to take me off something less than I had. Thought 3b cheaper than calling raise and calling his river bet . I thought he may have had 2 pair but his 4b suggested to me he had more, which made me pretty much beat.
  • edited November 2011
    if hes trying to take you off a hand flat>>>>>3bet
  • edited November 2011
    Yeah he has you, its a cooler. 

I dont hate the 3 bet fold, as it totally polarises his hand when he 4bets you.  When we flat arent we still left calling a bet of £15 --- /> wholestack on river? (more so when 4spades dont hit?)

I think the 3bet for value/info actually saves us money here.  Pretty sure hes filled up on the turn.

Grantorino and I have had alot of back and forth on this in the past.  I have no issue raising for Info, but thats just me.  The 3 bet here allows us to lose the minimum imo.

Think its ok to 3bet for perceived value (with a hint of info) here, being prepared to fold, when we are played back at, surprisingly.  Heck of alot of information coming our way on turn.