You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

sigggh

edited November 2011 in Area 51
variance has really kicked me in the shins today, cant win anything, this is in DYM 5.50
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
AntDrago Small blind   200.00 200.00 835.00
Emzlittle Big blind   400.00 600.00 3810.00
  Your hole cards

mattrenny Fold        
bahh All-in   1045.00 1645.00 0.00
AntDrago Fold        
Emzlittle Call   645.00 2290.00 3165.00
Emzlittle Show
  • A

bahh Show

Flop

• J

Turn

River

Emzlittle Win Four 7s 2290.00   5455.00

Comments

• edited November 2011
    U deserve to get slaughtered for posting this!!!!!
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to sigggh:
    variance has really kicked me in the shins today, cant win anything, this is in DYM 5.50 Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance AntDrago Small blind   200.00 200.00 835.00 Emzlittle Big blind   400.00 600.00 3810.00   Your hole cards 9 10       mattrenny Fold         bahh All-in   1045.00 1645.00 0.00 AntDrago Fold         Emzlittle Call   645.00 2290.00 3165.00 Emzlittle Show 7 A       bahh Show 9 10       Flop     J 7 8       Turn     7       River     7       Emzlittle Win Four 7s 2290.00   5455.00
    Posted by bahh
    lol why
  • edited November 2011
    1 not a bad beat or bad variance when you get money in bad

2 wtf are u shoving
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: sigggh:
    1 not a bad beat or bad variance when you get money in bad 2 wtf are u shoving
    Posted by grantorino
    ???

Dont get your response to this grantorino.  Flopping the nuts and getting beat for <1% isnt sick variance???

910 given stacks and position is an auto shove here.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: sigggh : ??? Dont get your response to this grantorino.  Flopping the nuts and getting beat for <1% isnt sick variance??? 910 given stacks and position is an auto shove here.
    Posted by AMYBR
    when did the money go in? whos ahead then? If he had AA and villain had 72 both all in, flop comes 72x would you say its not a bad beat if he loses as hes a major dog on flop?

I'm open to correction on the shoving thing, but I dont think its an autoshove with another stack the same size in SB and a big stack in BB. Misread it slightly earlier tbh, but I still think theres an argument for folding when theres a chance someone else can go bust and BB can easily call. Dont know much about dyms though so could well be wrong
  • edited November 2011
    I think an argument could be made for both in terms of the auto shove <3bbs there tbh.  Auto shove for me, but yes can justify sitting it out.

We cant just take away the fact that the guy draws the line, gets it in, flops the nuts then gets turned over for <1%.

Its not true variance in the sense that its in pre (and in behind 60/40ish)  your right.  But its pretty darn brutal.  Beyond brutal.
  • edited November 2011
    its an auto shove, i shove in that spot with any 2 cards
  • edited November 2011

Also a dym noob but you've not got much fold equity here and are first to act next hand so gtd open shoving opportunity, and chances r you'll get dealt better than 10 high. 

Ask a dym expert!
  • edited November 2011
    Also a dym noob but you' v e not got much fold  equity h er e and ar e first to act n ext hand so gtd op en shoving opportunity, and chanc es r you'll g et d ealt b ett er than 10 high.  Ask a dym  exp ert!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    not always the case DOHHHH and u know it. he cud easily get rubbish..  was not a bad shove really. the call was good also for the ammount..  cant complain about any of the play.   i have seen alot of quads coming lately to kill off players.  overkill comes to mind..
  • edited November 2011
    Also a dym noob but you' v e not got much fold  equity h er e and ar e first to act n ext hand so gtd op en shoving opportunity, and chanc es r you'll g et d ealt b ett er than 10 high.  Ask a dym  exp ert!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    i dont like this comment, so you would fold 10 9 in this position????
  • edited November 2011
    There's nothing wrong with the shove but i would expect the bb who has a big stack to call for 600 chips, so another way of playing it would be to fold and hope the sb short stack feels he has to shove what ever his cards and he's the one taken out by the quads.

Very unlucky the way the cards came down.
  • edited November 2011
    I agree with dooohhhh in this spot i wud fold. the sb has a short stack u have bahh..plus if u dont shove there's a good chance the sb wud shove as his so low and wants the blinds.

its so marginal though as if the sb shoves and bb folds then ur the short stack.

think its 50/50 player dependant
  • edited November 2011
    I would fold this spot mate