You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

One of the worst beats i've seen!!!

edited June 2009 in Poker Chat
>F_Ivanovic raised for £8.
/>muse12 called for £6.50.
/>Dealing the flop (6c,2d,8d).
/>F_Ivanovic bet £12.
/>muse12 raised for £36.
/>F_Ivanovic raised for £79.
/>muse12 has gone all in for £254.50.
/>F_Ivanovic called for £199.50.
/>Dealing the turn (Jh).
/>Dealing the river (Jc).
/>F_Ivanovic showed Qd,Qh.
/>muse12 showed Js,9c.
/>muse12 has won the hand (£598.20) with Three Jacks (Js,9c,8d,Jh,Jc)

What was this guy thinking.... UL Ivan......

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Muse12 got lucky there. He should have folded his hand when F_Ivanovic re raised him again to £79 after the flop as he had nothing at all. He told him he had something by doing this so should have just got out instead of going All In. Stupid move but got lucky. Feel sorry for the other person as Muse12 obviously does not know what he is doing going All In with nothing. Hate players like Muse12
  • edited June 2009
    ouch, must have sent Ivan into mega tilt mode.
  • edited June 2009

The Gentleman in question has a very good Live record, & I've played him many a time. He's wholly & entirely unpredictable, but he does well at the game.

He once called me in a big cash Game with 4-2, & flopped a straight. I said "what, WHAT, you called me with THAT, how?".

"I heard voices", he replied, looking up.

He's tremendous fun, but you DO want him on your table, as he is very beatable. But he don't half test you!

These guys who dance all the time are tremendous value, but you will take a knock or two along the way.

Ivanovic was very unlucky, but it's not a loss, it's a loan.
  • -v--v-
    edited June 2009
    Worse than this??????????? I folded KK btw

/>Beginning a new hand.164150927
    />-v- posted a small blind £0.50.
    />mr_blue posted a big blind £1.
    />winlose joined this hand.
    />RemyMartin joined this hand.
    />GEE_BURT joined this hand.
    />s_half9 joined this hand.
    />winlose called for £1.
    />RemyMartin folded
    />GEE_BURT folded
    />s_half9 raised for £3.
    />-v- raised for £7.
    />mr_blue called for £6.50.
    />winlose called for £6.50.
    />s_half9 called for £4.50.
    />Dealing the flop (Tc,9h,Th).
    />-v- checked.
    />mr_blue checked.
    />winlose checked.
    />s_half9 checked.
    />Dealing the turn (9s).
    />-v- checked.
    />mr_blue bet £5.
    />winlose raised for £45.
    />s_half9 folded
    />-v- folded
    />mr_blue has gone all in for £55.92.
    />winlose called for £15.92.
    />Dealing the river (8h).
    />mr_blue showed Qh,Jh.
    />winlose showed Qs,9d.
    />mr_blue has won the hand (£150.04) with Straight Flush to the Queen (Qh,Jh,9h,Th,8h)
    />The hand has finished.
  • edited June 2009
    Well, I took the biggest suckout I've ever seen last night.

I had 55 in the SB in a limped pot.

Flop comes down Q54.

I end up all-in against 54 and it comes turn 4, river 4.

Actually incredible. I used poker calculator after and seen that i was 99.8% favourite to win the hand.

If it hadn't come on the back of 3 or 4 other shocking beats I'd have been laughing my head off.
  • -v--v-
    edited June 2009
    Yeah thats not nice either. I once lost 400 with KK vs AJ. Board came up J55 5 5

Still nothing is worse than the hand I posted above
  • edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: One of the worst beats i've seen!!!:
    Yeah thats not nice either. I once lost 400 with KK vs AJ. Board came up J55 5 5 Still nothing is worse than the hand I posted above
    Posted by -v-
    Actually in the hand you posted the player with the straight flush draw still had a 3 and a half % chance roughly of winning. As opposed to my hand and the 54 hand - these were slightly more unlucky :P
  • edited June 2009
    Third hand of the 15k bounty hunter.
    Dealt JJ in second position, i raised to 100 (5 x big blind), folds round to small blind who raises to 420. BB folds, flop comes J 9 5 rainbow. SB checks then i bet 400, then almost as the timer runs out they go all in. I thinking they;ve got A's or K's or drawing to a straight at the least. so with me holding the nuts i call, they show A's. Turn comes 3. and would you believe on the river comes the ace. so after trying for 2 weeks to qualify through the 2.40 satalites and finally making it wednesday im out after three bloody hands with nothing except for a broken mouse.
  • edited June 2009
    Yeah thats not nice either. I once lost 400 with KK vs AJ. Board came up J55 5 5 Still nothing is worse than the hand I posted above
    Posted by -v-
    lol i had one the same v had  kk put in 5x blind one caller,

flop 222 bet pot, call turn 8 i go all in for £60 he calls with ace,four

THE RIVER IS A 2  NOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • edited June 2009
    Muse12 got lucky there. He should have folded his hand when F_Ivanovic re raised him again to £79 after the flop as he had nothing at all. He told him he had something by doing this so should have just got out instead of going All In. Stupid move but got lucky. Feel sorry for the other person as Muse12 obviously does not know what he is doing going All In with nothing. Hate players like Muse12
    Posted by Mozza1987

Muse play isn't really that terrible, it definitely looks pretty bad when he gets looked up, but when people put in the 3rd bet on benign flops like that, they tend to have really big hands or hand that will fold when you go allin (ie, if he has just top pair or second pair or a PP like 99 he probably wouldn't 3bet the flop, and would tend to just call the raise a bit more..) so Muse does figure to win that pot a fair % of the time when F_Ivanovich folds, and against looser aggressive players like Ivanovich, the frequency with which they have "air" so to speak is going to be a reasonably high %.. whereas against your typical tight player at 10c/20c, the times they fold to an allin are a lot lower, so whilst it is almost definately a terrible play at limits where people dont fold, its not overly terrible at the higher stakes where peoples "ranges" aren't so tight.

• edited June 2009

just played a game stt bh   i had 10 6 other guy pair 7's  flop comes 5 8 7  steady betting

turn a 9   force him to go all in as i think thats it as the only hand that can beat me is quads then river flips over

a 7 is there very next hand i get a straight get knocked out by a flush on the river

thats poker      

• edited June 2009
    ya ivey is right here, ppl don't realize that I'd been 4betting this opponent pre with hands like pocket 3's. And also I usually only call with QQ to the flop raise but he got stacked like 1 or 2 hands before to this and knew he was tilting, so thought my 3bet on the flop would induce him to shove with air (which it obv did) :)
  • edited June 2009
    Looks like Sky Poker is no different than any other site I've played on (Pokerstars, Full Tilt, Ultimate, Absolute, PKR, etc...). I've got a very long list of insane beats, and they always seem to be when you're all-in for your tournament life.

For example:

SNG - folded to me in cut-off and and i 3xBB raise Tc-Jc.
    Folded to SB who calls, as does BB.
    Flop: 5h-2c-6c. I bet 3/4 pot on the semi-bluff and SB only flat calls, BB folds.
    Turn: Jd. I bet half the pot and SB pushes all-in. I call and he turns up 2d-7c - I've got him crushed.
    River: 2h. Insane, you play the hand perfectly and get action from a loose player when you have the best hand, only to get insanely out-drawn.

SNG - I've got Ks-9s in late position. Early position raiser doubles the BB and I flat call. It's also called in the cut-off, both blinds fold.
    Flop: Th-Jh-Qc - I've flopped the straight.
    Player ahead of me pushes all-in and I insta-call. However, player behind me also calls.
    P1 turns up Js-Qs (two pair) and P2 turns up 9c-Tc for bottom pair and an open-ender.
    Turn: 8c, River Kc. and the idiot with 9c-Tc has out-drawn us both and back-door'ed a flush.

SNG - I limp from the SB with 6s-4c and the BB checks his option.
    Flop: 4h-6c-5d. I bet half the pot and the BB immediately doubles this. I am sure he has an overpair so I put him all-in and he calls, turning up pocket 9's.
    Turn: Tc. River: Td. Runner-runner overpair to counterfeit my two pair.

SNG - I have pocket Queens in the cut-off and triple the BB. The BB (very loose player, table bully) puts me all-in and I insta-call. He turns up Ah-7h.
    Flop: 5d-Th-3s. Turn: 4s. River 6d. Making him a 7-high straight. Unbelieveable.

These are just a few of the occasions where I believe I've perfectly played a hand, got a player with a lesser hand to either bet into me or call, and each time I've been outdrawn. As I say, these insanely bad beats only seem to happen when you are all-in and up against a player with more chips than you.
  • edited June 2009
    Looks like Sky Poker is no different than any other site I've played on (Pokerstars, Full Tilt, Ultimate, Absolute, PKR, etc...). I've got a very long list of insane beats, and they always seem to be when you're all-in for your tournament life. For example: SNG - folded to me in cut-off and and i 3xBB raise Tc-Jc. Folded to SB who calls, as does BB. Flop: 5h-2c-6c. I bet 3/4 pot on the semi-bluff and SB only flat calls, BB folds. Turn: Jd. I bet half the pot and SB pushes all-in. I call and he turns up 2d-7c - I've got him crushed. River: 2h. Insane, you play the hand perfectly and get action from a loose player when you have the best hand, only to get insanely out-drawn. SNG - I've got Ks-9s in late position. Early position raiser doubles the BB and I flat call. It's also called in the cut-off, both blinds fold. Flop: Th-Jh-Qc - I've flopped the straight. Player ahead of me pushes all-in and I insta-call. However, player behind me also calls. P1 turns up Js-Qs (two pair) and P2 turns up 9c-Tc for bottom pair and an open-ender. Turn: 8c, River Kc. and the idiot with 9c-Tc has out-drawn us both and back-door'ed a flush. SNG - I limp from the SB with 6s-4c and the BB checks his option. Flop: 4h-6c-5d. I bet half the pot and the BB immediately doubles this. I am sure he has an overpair so I put him all-in and he calls, turning up pocket 9's. Turn: Tc. River: Td. Runner-runner overpair to counterfeit my two pair. SNG - I have pocket Queens in the cut-off and triple the BB. The BB (very loose player, table bully) puts me all-in and I insta-call. He turns up Ah-7h. Flop: 5d-Th-3s. Turn: 4s. River 6d. Making him a 7-high straight. Unbelieveable. These are just a few of the occasions where I believe I've perfectly played a hand, got a player with a lesser hand to either bet into me or call, and each time I've been outdrawn. As I say, these insanely bad beats only seem to happen when you are all-in and up against a player with more chips than you.
    Posted by P0kerJed1
    [ ] these are insane beats