You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

AQs 3bet pre from BB

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Readless is it ok to flat here in general or just give them cred for good hand and let it go ?
COOLANDLUC Small blind   £0.04 £0.04 £18.27
power38 Big blind   £0.08 £0.12 £8.33
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • A

Dudeskin8 Raise   £0.32 £0.44 £8.32
leepicton Call   £0.32 £0.76 £4.84
noodles272 Fold        
cwaldo103 Fold        
COOLANDLUC Fold        
power38 Raise   £0.72 £1.48 £7.61
Dudeskin8

Comments

• edited November 2011
  • edited November 2011
    Surely you should be ramping it up to about £1.40 ish now
  • edited November 2011
    Assuming a normal 3-bet range of AK/AQ/JJ+ I think it's a fold. what sort of a flop are you hoping for? If he has jacks, queens or kings and an ace flops then it's going to be very difficult to get paid more than a continuation bet on the flop if you flop an ace, and if you hit a queen high flop you only beat jacks.

I just don't see how this can become a big hand where you win.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: AQs 3bet pre from BB:
    Assuming a normal 3-bet range of AK/AQ/JJ+ I think it's a fold. what sort of a flop are you hoping for? If he has jacks, queens or kings and an ace flops then it's going to be very difficult to get paid more than a continuation bet on the flop if you flop an ace, and if you hit a queen high flop you only beat jacks. I just don't see how this can become a big hand where you win.
    Posted by jugglegeek
    Cos alot of players at this level can/do on many many occasions only have a medium pp here , even AJ sooted , even any sooted A , i know this cos i played and still play this level.
  • edited November 2011
    IMO fold AQ to a 3bet from the blinds unless you have reads on the player
  • edited November 2011
    IMO fold AQ to a 3bet from the blinds unless you have reads on the player
    Posted by waynec
    wimp ;))
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: AQs 3bet pre from BB : Cos alot of players at this level can/do on many many occasions only have a medium pp here , even AJ sooted , even any sooted A , i know this cos i played and still play this level.
    Posted by debdobs_67
    So you are saying that because as a sweeping generalisation players at NL8 play bad then we should also play bad, Despite the fact that we have no reads on the guy? Suppose he does have a medium pair here and an ace or queen flops, are they going to pay off a full stack with their medium pair anyway? If they have AJ and an ace flops then yes, we do get their whole stack (if they are going to 3-bet with AJ then they are going to think top pair, jack kicker is da nutz). But that's a hell of a risk to take.

I think that the truly awful players at the micro-stakes - the calling stations who think top pair, no kicker is good enough - don't often 3-bet and when they do it's worth giving them credit.
  • edited November 2011
    think folding AQs IP to a 3 bet is just too tight

• edited November 2011
    if the opponent is super tight then i fold but if he been quite loose a call with position see what happens on the flop and also sumtimes throw in a 4bet if he is quite loose
  • edited November 2011
    his bet sizing is awful oop, its a little more than a min re raise, don't see why we should fold in position when we can hit 3 queens or a flush ;)
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: AQs 3bet pre from BB : So you are saying that because as a sweeping generalisation players at NL8 play bad then we should also play bad, Despite the fact that we have no reads on the guy? Suppose he does have a medium pair here and an ace or queen flops, are they going to pay off a full stack with their medium pair anyway? If they have AJ and an ace flops then yes, we do get their whole stack (if they are going to 3-bet with AJ then they are going to think top pair, jack kicker is da nutz). But that's a hell of a risk to take. I think that the truly awful players at the micro-stakes - the calling stations who think top pair, no kicker is good enough - don't often 3-bet and when they do it's worth giving them credit.
    Posted by jugglegeek
    Who cares if we get their whole stack or not ?? i just wanna win the pot no matter what is in it , dont you ??
  • edited November 2011
    Flat IP, play a flop.  As always our 4bet range has to crush his 3bet range or its pointless.  If you think he has a worse A, which is likely @ this level dont mind a 4bet to isolate/get it in.  But if he does it with 10K or equally high equity hands (vs our hand) I flat.  Especially as he'll flat your 4bet then go crazy with any piece of the flop.