You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

All in - tournament bubble

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Ths is the first time I have poted a had so hopefullyit shows up ok ...

I played this hand when 5th of 6 .... I thinkI have played this correct. I hit the two pair and felt with the obvious danger of a flush out there I had no option but to pushand pray.  I would welcome opinions on any other way  could of played tis in a bubble spot ...
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
UncleNafe Small blind  400.00 400.00 5370.00
grantos888 Big blind  800.00 1200.00 6725.00
  Your hole cards

bluedevil6 Fold     
klass Call  800.00 2000.00 28942.50
mr_chipsss Call  800.00 2800.00 12227.50
montydave Fold     
UncleNafe Call  400.00 3200.00 4970.00
grantos888 Check     
Flop

UncleNafe Check     
grantos888 All-in  6725.00 9925.00 0.00
klass Fold     
mr_chipsss All-in  12227.50 22152.50 0.00
UncleNafe Fold     
mr_chipsss Unmatched bet  5502.50 16650.00 5502.50
grantos888 Show

mr_chipsss Show
  • J

Turn

River

mr_chipsss Win Flush to the Jack 16650.00

Comments

• edited November 2011

Depends on how much you wanted to cash - with 2 other shorter stacks.
    Otherwise looks pretty standard.
    Just a cooler - vul.
  • edited November 2011
    Think was the right play due to the fact your stack size and blinds, hitting 2 pair on the flop is pretty much what you wanted to see, just unlucky....
  • edited November 2011
    Way to play for the win. Many players would have folded here to try to cash. This would have been a mistake. With 8BBs you were allowed to see a free flop and flopped bottom two. This is their mistake for letting you see a free flop. You have to shove now. To be honest I don't think it's a terrible move to shove if you have absolutly nothing at all! You are 2nd to act on the flop and have seen one person check. If you shove here people can only call with the flush which is extreemly unlikely and when they don't call you increase you stack by 50%.

In this hand you still have a 16% chance of beating the flush anyway which isn't so bad considering quite a bit more often you will pick up the pot uncontested. You made the right play.
  • edited November 2011
    super wet board, bubble, bb hand that you never wanted to play, multi way pot where anyone of the limpers could have two or at least one heart

seriously your not playing to win, in fact your not playing poker at all in this pot )

check it down, no problem

Maybe it's me but there nothing more annoying that going out on a bb hand you didn't want to play in the first place
    Just fold it pre :D
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: All in - tournament bubble:
    super wet board, bubble, bb hand that you never wanted to play, multi way pot where anyone of the limpers could have two or at least one heart seriously your not playing to win, in fact your not playing poker at all in this pot ) check it down, no problem Maybe it's me but there nothing more annoying that going out on a bb hand you didn't want to play in the first place Just fold it pre :D
    Posted by rancid
    I was big blind and they just called mate so a free flop, can't fold it.  From there I guess a 3 x raise pre-flop may have got them off the hand but with 4-2 I didn't want to get committed to the pot.  You're right I did not want to play this hand.  I expected to miss the flop and fold to any raise to be honest.  Once I have hit two pair can I reall fold?   Not so sure .....
  • edited November 2011
    Played it fine, rancid must be posting advice for someone else
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: All in - tournament bubble:
    In Response to Re: All in - tournament bubble : I was big blind and they just called mate so a free flop, can't fold it.  From there I guess a 3 x raise pre-flop may have got them off the hand but with 4-2 I didn't want to get committed to the pot.  You're right I did not want to play this hand.  I expected to miss the flop and fold to any raise to be honest.  Once I have hit two pair can I reall fold?   Not so sure .....
    Posted by grantos888
    Yeah you can fold pre even in the bb ) 42 are you really happy going multi way, lets be honest.
    Not being results orientated but I don't like that flop multi way tbh, if it was dry then ok UL - 
    Once you have posted the bb, it's not yours anymore - you can open fold )

You spend 3 hours getting so far to go out with a fizzle rarther than a bang ") 
    shove pre v them weak limpettes - limped to you - the pot is massive compared to your stack - stick it in there eye )

How can anyone disagree with my logic !!!
  • edited November 2011
    You have 8.4 bbs on flop and hit two pair you can NEVER fold here imo.
  • edited November 2011
    Your shoving blind with no reads you have 2 pair but a very weak 2 pair your getting a call from anyone with a 9 and a decent kicker which gives them  mountain of outs and thats not even taking into acount the flush which you chose to blindly ignore as advised before check if you can if not fold.
  • edited November 2011
    You simply cannot fold 2 pair with ur stack.

Unlucky that you were in the bb with a poor hand, but once u hit, there is noway you can get away.

Played it fine imo, just ul.
  • edited November 2011
    you may not get a spot like this after the next few hands so hitting 2 pair on flop is great spot in my opinion when so low intant call as you gotta be ahead, if you fold you may just get rubbish after and blinded out and your not gonna win anyways so if you double up here you have a better shot of winning the hand surviving for the cash and even a chance to win the torny. Hard luck that he has the flush already but if you check it down hes gonna bet at somepoint and the urge to call if no hearts on the turn and river your gonna call all in by the end.
  • edited November 2011
    PLAYED IT FINE JUST UL U RAN AGAINST A MADE FLUSH CAN UNDERSTAND THE BIG BET ON THE FLOP U WANT TO PAY A BIG PRICE FOR SOME 1 WHO MIGHT BE DRAWING 
  • edited November 2011
    An argument could be made that If your willing to get it all in here you may as well go for a c/r allin, maximising value when they dont bink, perhaps multiway, preferably sharing outs.

But Personally I think I'd rather scare out heart pics or make one person pay max to get there.

But if your getting it anyway.....

Dont mind either tbh.