You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Confused.Poker.com

This is the only Forum to get constructive answers. I Think?? Anyway here goes, I am really having a bad time one sky cannot qualify in a sat. my sit n go game seems to have gone to pot, Cash Well!! wont play it not while im loosing. I know everyone goes through this and its part of the poker Package, but wait!! Explain this. Ive won 6 $5 sit n go's running, made three MTT 360+ Runners, final Tables in 4 Days 3rd, 6th, 9th amounting to $450, and Qualified via three sats in 4 days to a $10,000 main event tomorrow. Obviously its on another site, But i like sky, why do i keep comming back??

On Sharkscope my ROI on sky is not good, yet on PKR, 888, & Titan im in profit, yet my ability rating on Sky is Higher than All of them.

I always said to myself i prefer 6 max yet stats seem to say otherwise. I have looked at my game and Hands, and yes! i have made mistakes, risky calls etc. But the real question is why is there such a variance between different sites.????????????????? and why is may game so bad on SKY.

Comments

• edited November 2011
    In Response to Confused.Poker.com:
    This is the only Forum to get constructive answers. I Think?? Anyway here goes, I am really having a bad time one sky cannot qualify in a sat. my sit n go game seems to have gone to pot, Cash Well!! wont play it not while im loosing. I know everyone goes through this and its part of the poker Package, but wait!! Explain this. Ive won 6 $5 sit n go's running, made three MTT 360+ Runners, final Tables in 4 Days 3rd, 6th, 9th amounting to $450, and Qualified via three sats in 4 days to a $10,000 main event tomorrow. Obviously its on another site, But i like sky, why do i keep comming back?? On Sharkscope my ROI on sky is not good, yet on PKR, 888, & Titan im in profit, yet my ability rating on Sky is Higher than All of them. I always said to myself i prefer 6 max yet stats seem to say otherwise. I have looked at my game and Hands, and yes! i have made mistakes, risky calls etc. But the real question is why is there such a variance between different sites.????????????????? and why is may game so bad on SKY.
    Posted by scouse1515

Maybe you are playing the wrong hands at key moments fella,

8 5 suited UTG +1 will inevitebly give you straight/ st flush/ flush or set.

A risky call is when you go all in with AA KK following a raise from oppo with 9 2os pre, who calls you everytime, you`ll be dead on the turn.

Try and play your hands a bit more carefully and you`ll be ok!!!!

Gl, hope this helps.

• edited November 2011
    I dont think thats what he's asking bud.

Formats aside, its a pretty reasonable question.  Why would you suffer a higher degree of variance from one site to the other.  In principle you shouldnt.

Devils advocate hat on though:  Variance isnt isolated.  We can statistically suffer the majority of our variance in different sites, based solely on its nature.  It doesnt have to be evenly spread from one site to another.  An argument could be made that you run well on alternates DUE to you suffering the bulk of your negative variance in one site, thus experiencing more neutral and positive variance elswhere by definition.

Thats just devils advocate though.  I dont really know as I tend to play on one site exclusively, other than branded  guarentees.

Another factor can be bet sizing bars and timebanks.  Example being that on numerous sites we can bet in radically different auto amounts than we can on sky.  These things will naturally effect the flow of the game in terms of draws and out.  when 3x becomes 2.2x as standard its cheaper to draw or improve based on deflated pot size.

As said devils advoate :p.  But realisticaly speaking our variance should be spread evenly over most of the player spectrum
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Confused.Poker.com:
    In Response to Confused.Poker.com : Maybe you are playing the wrong hands at key moments fella, 8 5 suited UTG +1 will inevitebly give you straight/ st flush/ flush or set. A risky call is when you go all in with AA KK following a raise from oppo with 9 2os pre, who calls you everytime, you`ll be dead on the turn. Try and play your hands a bit more carefully and you`ll be ok!!!! Gl, hope this helps.
    Posted by davelufc
    Thanks, but why would i be playing wrong hands at the wrong time only on 1 site, i think my play is pretty std, and 85 utg+1 is a fold to me everytime unless massive chip leader, even then it depends on table and players.
    But why such Variance between sites.???
  • edited November 2011
    I dont think thats what he's asking bud. Formats aside, its a pretty reasonable question.  Why would you suffer a higher degree of variance from one site to the other.  In principle you shouldnt. Devils advocate hat on though:  Variance isnt isolated.  We can statistically suffer the majority of our variance in different sites, based solely on its nature.  It doesnt have to be evenly spread from one site to another.  An argument could be made that you run well on alternates DUE to you suffering the bulk of your negative variance in one site, thus experiencing more neutral and positive variance elswhere by definition. Thats just devils advocate though.  I dont really know as I tend to play on one site exclusively, other than branded  guarentees. Another factor can be bet sizing bars and timebanks.  Example being that on numerous sites we can bet in radically different auto amounts than we can on sky.  These things will naturally effect the flow of the game in terms of draws and out.  when 3x becomes 2.2x as standard its cheaper to draw or improve based on deflated pot size. As said devils advoate :p.  But realisticaly speaking our variance should be spread evenly over most of the player spectrum
    Posted by AMYBR

Should have put lol at the end!!

My reply was meant to be a joke!!!!
  • edited November 2011
    lol...........................

:P
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Confused.Poker.com : Should have put lol at the end!! My reply was meant to be a joke!!!!
    Posted by davelufc
    Well thanks for the joke, I am being serious asking for peoples opinions, why bother making a comment as a Joke, who do you think you are!! some great poker player who puts down others, you are a sick idiot. You think its funny, well dont forget everyone goes through patches like this and how would you feel people posting jokes!

You are the Joke.
  • edited November 2011
    Ermmmmmmmm nice... lol

TBF bud I gave you a serious answer.  But you only took the time to reply to the jest post. 

Doesnt seem like you want a reasonable response.  Just a scratching post.  Uncalled for.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Confused.Poker.com : Well thanks for the joke, I am being serious asking for peoples opinions, why bother making a comment as a Joke, who do you think you are!! some great poker player who puts down others, you are a sick idiot. You think its funny, well dont forget everyone goes through patches like this and how would you feel people posting jokes! You are the Joke.
    Posted by scouse1515
    Ey calm down, calm down, calm down.

Lighten up.
  • edited November 2011
    Ermmmmmmmm nice... lol TBF bud I gave you a serious answer.  But you only took the time to reply to the jest post.  Doesnt seem like you want a reasonable response.  Just a scratching post.  Uncalled for.
    Posted by AMYBR
    Sorry, I know you did and thanks, but it was just the other post Grrrrrrr!!, I take on board what u say, at this moment in time again running deep in the low roller on PKR. and this is a 6 max MTT. But on sky i suck out all the time.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Confused.Poker.com : Ey calm down, calm down, calm down.   Lighten up.
    Posted by davelufc
    Idiot
  • edited November 2011
    could be the other sites the players are worse and this site the standard compared to the othersites is just different or better. my stats on stars isnt great on scope but i continualy go deep in the big tornys and cash but never the big amounts. I play smaller stakes on other sites also and a lot more sats. Dosnt mean im worse or better on a perticular site just depends on what tornys your buying into and how many runners. You might wiin 6 stt in a row but you can do that on here and you can also not do that on there depends how lucky you are. Luck or bad luck dosnt look at each other and think well your doing good on that site so im not gonna let you do well on another odds are its just the varience, quality of players and number of runners that determine things not the site its self.

also scope will put down sats as a loss so if you play a lot make the main events by getting through and lose your stats will show you as losing the main event not the sat. So stats on sharkscope can be decieving.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Confused.Poker.com : Idiot
    Posted by scouse1515
    Nice to see you`ve recovered from your personality bypass,

Was is BUPA?

I never insulted you fella, so why so grumpy?

It was never meant to be a serious response to your op, i thought you might have seen that!!!!

Love you x
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Confused.Poker.com : Nice to see you`ve recovered from your personality bypass, Was is BUPA? I never insulted you fella, so why so grumpy? It was never meant to be a serious response to your op, i thought you might have seen that!!!! Love you x
    Posted by davelufc
    Fair enough, but why are you posting joke comments, when you know i am serious, thats just insulting.

Post them elsewhere please. theres always one total idiot.
  • edited November 2011
    could be the other sites the players are worse and this site the standard compared to the othersites is just different or better. my stats on stars isnt great on scope but i continualy go deep in the big tornys and cash but never the big amounts. I play smaller stakes on other sites also and a lot more sats. Dosnt mean im worse or better on a perticular site just depends on what tornys your buying into and how many runners. You might wiin 6 stt in a row but you can do that on here and you can also not do that on there depends how lucky you are. Luck or bad luck dosnt look at each other and think well your doing good on that site so im not gonna let you do well on another odds are its just the varience, quality of players and number of runners that determine things not the site its self. also scope will put down sats as a loss so if you play a lot make the main events by getting through and lose your stats will show you as losing the main event not the sat. So stats on sharkscope can be decieving.
    Posted by Dazler
    Thanks, Maybe your right. Anyway will stay away from sky i think for a few weeks, may as well play were im running good.
  • edited November 2011
    assuming the RNG for the different sites are similar, it has got to be the different type of players on the different sites hasn't it?
    not sure as I don't play on any other yet, but my brother has done for a while and has remarked that the way the players play is different.