You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Genius or fish?

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic

This call on the river baffled me.  Is this guy too good for 20nl or a fish i should be taking to value town anytime i have a hand?  Just curious...

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Petrachek1Small blind £0.10£0.10£18.29
VillainBig blind £0.20£0.30£22.20
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • Q

the_profitFold    
Verbal_GymRaise £0.80£1.10£22.08
AJ_RocketsFold    
Petrachek1Fold    
VillainCall £0.60£1.70£21.60
Flop

VillainCheck    
Verbal_GymBet £1.40£3.10£20.68
VillainCall £1.40£4.50£20.20
Turn

VillainCheck    
Verbal_GymCheck    
River

• J

VillainCheck    
Verbal_GymBet £3.20£7.70£17.48
VillainCall £3.20£10.90£17.00
Verbal_GymShow
  • K
  • Q

VillainShow
  • A

VillainWinAce high£10.35 £27.3

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Obviously dynamic dependant, but when you check turn you have a flush or most often nothing on river, is marginal however.

I thiink he's read you well to be honest.  Wouldnt go as far as genius though ;p
  • edited November 2011
    hard to decide given just one hand but looks like he thinks his A high could be good given your cbet chk on turn then stab on river....

however there are two issues with that theory. 1. you may also have an ace bigger than his. 2. one could be AJ which you may play like this also to get a bluff out of him on river.

p.s. looks like this is a table of regs at this level so either he is a fish or is a reg.

basically dunno. leaning towards fish? maybe?
  • edited November 2011
    I'd think just station, he's called 4x OOP pre w/A9o, then flatted strong cbet w/ace high, then called a river that could easily hit you AJ KJ QJ, possible flush draw.

I'd imagine you should print money against him longterm.
  • edited November 2011
    just give up on river. A lot of the hands he calls turn with connect with the jack and you cant get him to fold a pair when you check back turn. The river just isnt a good card to bluff at. I woud lean on the side of him being a fish though.
  • edited November 2011

Would you have made that bet on the end with AJ??

Because if I was him, that is about the only hand i would be worried about. Even still, was a brave call all the same

• edited November 2011
     not sure he should call with A9 but I would call you pretty light there