You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

new job

edited November 2011 in The Football Corner
this isnt exactly a poker topic but regards to me cutting hours down. I recently got offered a job. It is unpaid but its my childhood dream job of footie coaching. It comes complete with help getting all my qualifications which is a huge bonus.

I just thought id share.

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Congrats man!!!
  • edited November 2011
  • edited November 2011
    ty all. Yea defo. Got a level 1 badge when i left school but their going to get me to level 3 youth and i believe look at geting me senior badges too. hopefully it goes well tbh. Always wanted to do it so cant wait to get started.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: new job:

Congratulations Don and good luck, you must be thrilled to bits.     
  • edited November 2011
    Thats great news, im sure when you get your quals and are being paid a nice wage you wont be bothered about NL4 anymore !
  • edited November 2011
    Thats great news, im sure when you get your quals and are being paid a nice wage you wont be bothered about NL4 anymore !
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    haha maybe when i take rangers to a champions league final

#dreamz. lol ;)

yeah really hoping that i can develop on it tbh. Might sound harsh but i see this as a major stepping stone. The team im with is in the East of Scotland League (The South eastern league below Scottish Division 3) so hoping that it does open doors. Although i wont be counting on it yet.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to new job:
    this isnt exactly a poker topic but regards to me cutting hours down. I recently got offered a job. It is unpaid but its my childhood dream job of footie coaching. It comes complete with help getting all my qualifications which is a huge bonus. I just thought id share.
    Posted by The_Don90
    kudos. Dream vocation to be paid for. I'm jealous.

I did it for 4 years and won every tournament I entered if you need advice. They say it's not about the winning. But it is.
  • edited November 2011
    Great News Don,  ANd you've already got a brilliant name for a Football Manager "The Don",  or has that one already been used ;o)

• edited November 2011
    Unpaid, sorry, I misread that. Still the most rewarding thing you'll ever do Don.

I started of with a team that were doing cartwheels in the middle of the pitch during games and pretty much turned them into Barcelona.

What age group mate?
  • edited November 2011
    And I should have asked.

Will the huns take over the team after they have to sell their own?

:-)
  • edited November 2011
    Unpaid, sorry, I misread that. Still the most rewarding thing you'll ever do Don. I started of with a team that were doing cartwheels in the middle of the pitch during games and pretty much turned them into Barcelona. What age group mate?
    Posted by bandini
    At the moment im going to be with the senior side. As i need to have level 3 to work with the youth guys apparently. Seniors i dont need to have any quals at all. :S

At the end of the season they say ill have options as they rekon ill have my level 3 by then (i hope so) and see what happens.
  • edited November 2011
    And I should have asked. Will the huns take over the team after they have to sell their own? :-)
    Posted by bandini
    haha i believe talks at presemt are about them selling Ibrox and they are discussing various different pitches to play on. I believe our 0 stand 0 seater 50 capacity all standing ground has been mentioned.
  • edited November 2011
    Great News Don, ANd you've already got a brilliant name for a Football Manager "The Don", or has that one already been used ;o)
    Posted by JockBMW
    I hope it isnt. grr to them if it is.
  • edited November 2011
    i think celtic might need a new manager at the end of the season, do you fancy it??????

• edited November 2011
     Do you know the off side rule. ?   Oops
  • edited November 2011
    i think celtic might need a new manager at the end of the season, do you fancy it??????
    Posted by pod1
    gimmie 30mil transfer budget ill sell everyplayer and spend it all on 1 random guy from the third division. Hes the new Messi i tell you.
  • edited November 2011
     Do you know the off side rule. ?   Oops
    Posted by logdon
    i have a pretty strong understanding of football but this active rule is just bizzare.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: new job : At the moment im going to be with the senior side. As i need to have level 3 to work with the youth guys apparently. Seniors i dont need to have any quals at all. :S At the end of the season they say ill have options as they rekon ill have my level 3 by then (i hope so) and see what happens.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Disclosure forms are requisite when working with anyone under 16 which I assume you're talking about. Seems kinda silly but you have to have them even to back yourself up against crazy parents. They exist, trust me. Doing voluntary work and having numb brained parents critizise you is mildly annoying. Be prepared for that. I was joking about the "mildly" bit.

First steps taken though Donaldo. Fergie's probably got a few years in him yet. You'll be ready by then? And let's face it, they won't be appointing an english manager. The english just don't do big jobs like that. Smug smilie.
  • edited November 2011
    n1, good for life balance - poker beats will not mean so much anymore )

Congrats
  • edited November 2011
    well done you go for it lad
  • edited November 2011
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: new job : Disclosure forms are requisite when working with anyone under 16 which I assume you're talking about. Seems kinda silly but you have to have them even to back yourself up against crazy parents. They exist, trust me. Doing voluntary work and having numb brained parents critizise you is mildly annoying. Be prepared for that. I was joking about the "mildly" bit. First steps taken though Donaldo. Fergie's probably got a few years in him yet. You'll be ready by then? And let's face it, they won't be appointing an english manager. The english just don't do big jobs like that. Smug smilie.
    Posted by bandini
    If i go to youth itll likley be the under 19 side im told. Also i already have a completed disclosure as i used to work with the NHS :)
  • edited November 2011

Nice one Don! I wish you well with this and expect your footie team to be all in orange for some training sessions!

(Good thing it isnt just the goal keeping coach.....that would be a full time job and be like banging your head against a brick wall! :)) )
  • edited November 2011
    Nice work mate, hope you do well with whatever team you coach :)
  • edited November 2011
    Well done Don. Those qualifcations will be like gold dust.
  • edited November 2011
    Football coaching is more intricate than people think. Stage 1 includes ''how to dive realistically'' stage 2 moves onto the more technical stuff of intimidating the officials into awarding you a freekick, stage 3 is time wasting and both players claiming the throw in. Stage 4 and probably the most difficult to achieve but with the greatest benefit to the game is feigning injury, once you have completed this level, you are a complete footballer.
  • edited November 2011
    best of luck donald!
  • edited November 2011
    Good luck. It will be a hard job up there though as we all know you're rubbish at football in Scotland : )
  • edited November 2011
    Best of luck with this Don, I hope it all works out well for you.
  • edited November 2011
    Good luck. It will be a hard job up there though as we all know you're rubbish at football in Scotland : )
    Posted by AcidMan27
    but we consistantly produce the best managers and coaches. we have to have McMaradonna comming through the ranks soon.