You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

And yet another...

edited November 2011 in Area 51
Hand History #436295565.

Sorry can't post this as I use the Flash version of the software (perhaps someone else can?), but take a look. More evidence of a big conspiracy? I worked the odds out of this happening (very loosely) at around 450-1.

Tell me I played this wrong . . .

Slowly entering the twilight zone.

Comments

• edited November 2011
    450/1 suggests you were like a 99.8% favourite when the money went in?

No1 can access your own Hand Histories, just log in via internet explorer and you can have it posted up within minutes.
  • edited November 2011

No, not 450-1 to lose, 450-1(ish) for this combo of cards to show. I was the classic 80%(ish) - overpair v underpair  - favourite to double up here. Here're the details:

Player                                  Action

Lucky Player                         Small blind     75        75         2705
    Goethe                                Big blind       150      225          727.5

Your hole cards        Ad Ac

*******                              Fold     
    *******                               Call             150      375        3462.5
    Lucky Player                        Raise             225      600        2480
    Goethe                                All-in            727.50  1327.5     NIL  
    *******                               Fold     
    Lucky Player                          Call              577.5  1905       1902.5

Lucky Player                        Show   7d 7s

Goethe                               Show   Ad Ac   

Flop            4h, Qd, 6c

Turn            5c

River           3c

Lucky Player  Win  Straight to the 7

I suppose if "Lucky Player" had flipped over the 2c and 4c I really would have had to seek counselling.

Defintiely more evidence of foul play.

• edited November 2011
    very unlucky, however i dont think either you or lucky player played it wrong unfortunatly this things do/will happen just keep getting in in good.
  • edited November 2011
    Same thing's happened again today.

Short stacked and shoved with KJo. Called with 10,10. Flop hits the board. J,K,A, turn ??, River Q. So another pair turning into a straight, although it was a coin flop to win the hand at the outset.

Where's my pistol . . . ?

• edited November 2011
    Not sure where you got 450/1 but Im pretty sure if you replace 1 card with a 7 its less likely to happen than the combo you have, so not sure what your point is

You lose about 19-20%. A part of that is boards like this one. Stop misusing math and moaning. Play better and do some calcs that might be relevant
  • edited November 2011
    It was a rant. There are quite a few here, and I thought I'd have my turn (so you are right about moaning).

As to the maths, perhaps you can show me where I went wrong? I ran with the coincidence of;

one of 16 cards for card one (out of 50)
    one of 12 for card two(out of 49)
    one of 8 for card three (out of 48)
    one of 4 for turn or river card. (out of 47/46)

There are of course variations to how they show.

I have actually acknowledged the probability of losing the hand at 20% in one of my posts above.

As usual - read all before responding. . . . .