You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

favorite comidians

edited January 2012 in The Shed

who is/was your favorite comidian. comedy duo or hit sitcom ???
i.m.o the best sitcom was blackadder,followed by red dwarf.
the best comidian, although he was more of a story teller, was billy conolly, his story of the crucificion was brilliant, and lasts for about 20mins.and the jobby whecha another 15mins.
Andy hamiltons  old harries game (on radio 4 ) is possibly the best radio comedy ever written,followed closely by goodness gracious me.
Stand up ?? there are too many to name but go ahead and name your favorite.

Comments

• edited November 2011
     I loved   "Doddy" with his tickling stick and diddy men.   I watched the show an Audience with Ken Dodd and my sides ached with laughing non stop.  He never swore or told rude jokes his material was good family entertainment.  Like the carry on films his stuff was innuendo and what your imagination lead you to add to his joke, that being the rude bit he never said.  Like Tommy Cooper just walking on the stage made you laugh and put a smile on your face. He was blessed with more than his share of happiness.   For sure my favorite.
  • edited November 2011
     yes most comics use swearing,to try to make a poor joke funny,but the best comedians or comedy script writers dont need to use them.
    tommy cooper was one of the only comedy acts that could come on stage get a laugh,say nothing for 10 mins and have the audience rolling in the aisles.
    the  makers of blackadder and red dwarf, never had to stoop to use any swearing. i recommend you listen to andy hamiltons OLD HARRIES GAME( radio 4 ) the concept and the script are brilliant,and will have you laughing for hours, with no s exual remarks and not even the hint of a swear word.
    imo the best comedians are the obsrevational ones,when they tell a story,that you can relate to,either from your childhood,or your life,or the way kids  are.
    the worst ones are usually female,not because of their gender,but they are trying to be one of the boys,and it dosnt work,there are plenty of good female comedy acts,and they work because they have kept their act out of the gutter
  • edited November 2011
    Red dwarf and scrubs :p
  • edited November 2011
    has to be billy connolly for me
    tv - morecombe and wise with honorable mention to monty python
  • edited November 2011
    red  dwarf best ever,rimer lister, the cat and of course kryton
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: favorite comidians:
    red  dwarf best ever,rimer lister, the cat and of course kryton
    Posted by paige55
    don't forget Holly!
  • edited November 2011
    Any comedian who is actually funny and doesn't have to resort to constantly swearing or innuendos to be popular gets my vote.
  • edited November 2011
    Best comic around currently and one of the best over any time period is Michael McIntyre  His "Man Drawer" sketch is brilliant

TV show current  "Outnumbered" takes some beating 
  • edited November 2011
    Used to laugh my head off at 2 ronnies, morcambe and wise and kenny everett when i was a kid. As an adult its got to be black adder (especially goes forth) and red dwarf.

Some of the best stand up that i have ever seen was richard prior  and eddie murphy in the 80s.

The young ones is very funny as well.....which (along with black adder) will always make me regard ben elton as a genius even though his stand up is pretty dire...go figure?
  • edited November 2011
    Ribbed ones!! Oh sorry i mis read op.
  • edited November 2011
    Ross Noble, Jack Dee.
    Pheonix Nights, Yes Minister/Prime Minister. Royle Family, Early Doors.
    Fry & Laurie, The Two Ronnies.
  • edited November 2011
    Jimmy Carr, Sarah Millican (gutted I can't get hold of tickets to her current tour) & Sean Lock.
  • edited November 2011
    The two Lee's!!!

Lee Mack and Lee Evans, both very very funny.
  • edited January 2012
    Tommy Cooper, Red Dwarf, Allo Allo, Porridge .  I don't like Morecambe and Wise at all,  I have no idea what the big deal is with those guys.
  • edited January 2012
    Ultimately my favourite has always  (well, for about 22ish years since I first heard Derek & Clive) been Peter Cook. The man was a genius.

• edited January 2012
    Got loads of favourite shows, Only Fools, One foot in the Grave, Porridge, Red Dwarf, Curb, Seinfeld, Frasier, Bottom (back in the day), Fawlty Towers, Malcolm in The Middle, Alan Partridge, Still Game, South Park, Phoenix Nights and many others.

Comedians: Richard Pryor, Billy Connelly, Joan Rivers, Peter Kay as a showman, Tommy Cooper, Ronnie Barker, Peter Cook, Harry Hill, Spike Milligan and Les Dawson along with many others I cant think of just now. Not so fond of a lot of the newer crude stuff (I know I put in Connelly and Rivers but on their day they are absolutely hilarious) from people like that gangrenous festering wound that is Frankie Boyle.

Here is a clip I recently resaw on TV the other night from Les Dawson - its simple but I literally had tears of laughter running down my face - genius... 

• edited January 2012
    Jeff Dunham who does the ventriloquist act with Achmed the dead terrorist is very funny, especially the early stuff.