You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

really bad play IMO

edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
just an inexperienced player in a DYM game, right move in a normal STT or MTT but just not made the mental switch to DYM thats all

Comments

• edited October 2009
    this is an £11 dym with 4 players left, 1 had huge chip stack, player who went all in has comfortable chip stack and should not even be getting involved against chip leader and i for one cant understand why he did what he did, other 2 players were very low, 1 had around 900 and other about 450, can someone please tell me why he would go all in in that situation?
    jimifloyd Small blind  150.00 150.00 770.00
    webby234 Big blind  300.00 450.00 7925.00
      Your hole cards

sweety01 Fold     
    mysteryAll-in  2420.00 2870.00 0.00
    jimifloyd Fold     
    webby234 Call  2120.00 4990.00 5805.00
    webby234 Show

mystery Show
    • A
    • K

Flop

Turn

• Q

River

• A

webby234 Win Three 10s 4990.00  10795.00
  • edited October 2009
    agreed. personally i wouldnt play any hand against a chip stack like that unless i had AA.
  • edited October 2009
    You really should change their name unless it really is a mystery
  • edited October 2009
    Because AK is a monster and everyone knows that, its like the firs thing people learn.

What they don't learn is DYM strategy.
  • edited October 2009
    its impossible to second guess these type of players,they will call with there "favourite hands" or "suited" cards in any situation, i was in a dym in 4th place out of 4 left with only 250 chips when the big stack went all in pre flop with ace 10 and was called by the second placed player with j9 "suited" gfood times lol
  • edited October 2009

Knowing Jimifloyd he probably folded QQ lol

• edited October 2009
    yes jimi is good player and first thing he wrote in chat box was LOL
  • edited October 2009
    Unless I've read the hand incorrectly, I think a more important question is why would you call a big all-in pre-flop with TT when you are cruising into the cash and are taking on a race at best.
  • edited October 2009
    The title of this thread is deceiving as ive played plenty of worse hands than that - you want witnesses??
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: probably the worst play i have ever seen!:
    Unless I've read the hand incorrectly, I think a more important question is why would you call a big all-in pre-flop with TT when you are cruising into the cash and are taking on a race at best.
    Posted by MereNovice
    good point
  • edited October 2009
    Posted by MereNovice

I'm pretty new to the game but reading the past threads I was thinking the exact same......maybe because he had loads of chips and coul'nt go out
  • edited October 2009
    Posted by MereNovice
    all i can say is spot on....answers plz
  • edited October 2009
    Posted by MereNovice
    I think with 8000 chips, webby can afford one free shot at anyone on the table and still have almost half the chips in play.

If he loses, then the winner is safe, if he wins, everyone cashes. There is not much risk here for him. The 2 shorties had barely a blind each so webby's cash was pretty much certain.

I would call like a shot, the sooner it's down to 3 the better.

I must reiterate though, it is purely because I have 8000 chips that I would make the call, otherwise I would be waiting for the shorites to get blinded out.
  • edited October 2009
    It's a risky call against someone who is likely to have an overpair - why take the chance?
    He called the one person who could put any sort of dent in his stack.

Also, the title of this thread is offensive and should be changed.
    It is not in the spirit of this forum to make disparaging comments about other player's play.
  • edited October 2009
    simple answer is just siily or rush of blood
  • edited October 2009
    It's a risky call against someone who is likely to have an overpair - why take the chance? He called the one person who could put any sort of dent in his stack. Also, the title of this thread is offensive and should be changed. It is not in the spirit of this forum to make disparaging comments about other player's play.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Yes, very risky, I certainly agree there, however with half the chips in play even if he loses, it's still a call.

The push from the second big stack was still weak, at best it should have been a 3 x bb raise then a quiet fold to a push. However for me, it's an insta fold and wait.

Again, he is risking his cash when there are two short players about to go into the blinds.

And I do agree about the title needing changing. I have seen worse and done worse, probably so has webby.
  • edited October 2009
    WHat a surprise! jimifloyd in a sit and go!!
  • edited October 2009
    Posted by MereNovice
    any player in world instant calls his push with 1010, i have 3/4 of the chips in play and 2 players have under 900 chips, the move was not good by him, i played the hand the way any poker player worth his salt would have.
  • edited October 2009
    Opinions differ.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: probably the worst play i have ever seen! : any player in world instant calls his push with 1010, i have 3/4 of the chips in play and 2 players have under 900 chips, the move was not good by him, i played the hand the way any poker player worth his salt would have.
    Posted by webby234
    what if are not of this world?? ha ha got you there
  • edited October 2009
    I pass most hands in sngo's when someone has moved in first - given there are 2 short stacks though, I'd call with Webby's chips - even if he loses there are still 2 short stacks and he can end it there and then.

It's a unnecessary shove by him in THIS scenario - but maybe just be pleased to cash rather than show up the opponent. I'd be mortified if someone posted a thread criticising my play
  • edited October 2009

his name isnt mystery really, i changed his name and alot of others seem to do it on here.

• edited October 2009
    Bad play, I thought this was about me playing double your moneys... ah, so that's what DYM stands for!

oh, and you left his name in the showdown, lol.
  • edited October 2009

i agree he should never av went all in but did you av to call with the 10s webby.?  in a way the same applies to you..

• edited October 2009
    call with 1010 with my chip stack is a no brainer
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: really bad play IMO:
    call with 1010 with my chip stack is a no brainer
    Posted by webby234
    unless im readin it wrong it was over 2000 to call not 1010..
  • edited October 2009

around 2000 i think yes, but i have 3/4 of the chips in play, one player has 435 and other 790, if i lose 2000 i still got 6000 left, if i take him out then so be it but my tournament life wasnt on the line even if i had lost,

• edited October 2009
    ur wright loony toons