You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Suggestions on how to play this flop?

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic
My read on XX was he was very loose and a wide range as regards hand selection.

XX limps into the pot and just flats so IMO he is weak, I have nut flush draw, str8 draw so lots of outs even so 
I think I played this hand wrong would like to know how you suggest I play it please?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
augean01Small blind £0.15£0.15£38.55
bouncinBig blind £0.30£0.45£43.52
 Your hole cards
  • Q

dylan07Fold    
XXCall £0.30£0.75£27.21
DOHHHHHHHFold    
waynecRaise £1.50£2.25£24.60
augean01Fold    
bouncinFold    
XXCall £1.20£3.45£26.01
Flop

• A
  • K

XXCheck    
waynecBet £2.59£6.04£22.01
XXRaise £5.18£11.22£20.83
waynec???    

Comments

• edited November 2011
    I think you have played it perfectly. and no amount of money is getting me away from that flop, so i would be shipping the rest of your stack in the middle. you cant fold, calling is not good either, because you have invested too much and what if the turn is a blank??

ship it and let the gods decide
  • edited November 2011
    make a 3bet that commits your stack or just jam.

I dont think he'll fold to the jam following the strength of the clickback.

Almost be tempted to 3betclick back expecting him to shove, but these days people just flat and your lost on the turn to a brick.

yep, 3bet commit or jam.  Dont mind either.
  • edited November 2011
    I'm not sure villain is folding but you must have a small amount of fold equity which makes the shove ok!

Not a fan of calling because if we miss, we probably have to check fold turn if villain is any good.

Not really a fan of 3 betting either as if he just flats then we are in same spot on turn as when we call.

Ship it and cross your fingers.
  • edited November 2011
    i would just shove all in here even if u are up against a set u are not in bad shape and by all in looks strong could get villain to fold 
  • edited November 2011
    Ok thanks guys I did shove all in and the guy had A2 and made a full house on the river As over Ts.... after I did think maybe I was wrong to ship but glad to see all agree with my action.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Suggestions on how to play this flop?:
    My read on xx was he was very loose and a wide range as regards hand selection. XX limps into the pot and just flats so IMO he is weak, I have nut flush draw, str8 draw so lots of outs even so  I think I played this hand wrong would like to know how you suggest I play it please? Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance augean01 Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £38.55 bouncin Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £43.52   Your hole cards Q 10       dylan07 Fold         XX Call   £0.30 £0.75 £27.21 DOHHHHHHH Fold         waynec Raise   £1.50 £2.25 £24.60 augean01 Fold         bouncin Fold         XX Call   £1.20 £3.45 £26.01 Flop     10 A K       XX Check         waynec Bet   £2.59 £6.04 £22.01 XX Raise   £5.18 £11.22 £20.83 waynec ???        
    Posted by waynec
    Jeez , what was ya read on DOHHHHHHH then ?? ;))
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Suggestions on how to play this flop?:
    In Response to Suggestions on how to play this flop? : Jeez , what was ya read on DOHHHHHHH then ?? ;))
    Posted by debdobs_67
    LOL!!!!! Dohhhhhhh seemed to be playing super tight apart from the few bluff 3bets he made on me which I gave him credit for and folded my very very strong hands :-)
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Suggestions on how to play this flop? : LOL!!!!! Dohhhhhhh seemed to be playing super tight apart from the few bluff 3bets he made on me which I gave him credit for and folded my very very strong hands :-)
    Posted by waynec
    lmao xxx
  • edited November 2011
  • edited November 2011
  • edited November 2011
    id call tbh
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    You say call and yeah sometime I would call or I would stick it in, I really don't know what's best.
    But if we call and hit our draw we only getting paid by a weaker flush or more often not at all.
    It seems to be shove with max risk for max reward or call and only risk min for min reward at the correct price.

Love to know your thoughts on this if you could expand a little -  lol_raise

• edited November 2011
    I would prob call too, getting direct odds against a guy against whom we have almost 0FE and we are basically flipping with his range. Also I think he prob will pay us off if we hit. I actually dont hate checking back that flop either, but betting prob best. Once you dont b/f it cant be too bad