You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

One to make you laugh or cry....just making me sigh!

edited November 2011 in Area 51

7.15 £2.20 deepstack....

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance67Bhoys Small blind  75.00 75.00 4275.00 santa1105 Big blind  150.00 225.00 5216.25   Your hole cards 10 Q       TIMBER Fold     MAXALLY Raise  300.00 525.00 9810.00 5_aces Fold     bmoorcroft Raise  900.00 1425.00 10998.75 67Bhoys Fold     santa1105 Call  750.00 2175.00 4466.25 MAXALLY Call  600.00 2775.00 9210.00 Flop    J 4 7       santa1105 Check     MAXALLY Bet  300.00 3075.00 8910.00 bmoorcroft Raise  1987.50 5062.50 9011.25 santa1105 Fold     MAXALLY Raise  3600.00 8662.50 5310.00 bmoorcroft Call  1912.50 10575.00 7098.75 Turn    8       MAXALLY All-in  5310.00 15885.00 0.00 bmoorcroft Call  5310.00 21195.00 1788.75 MAXALLY Show 10 Q    bmoorcroft Show A K    River    A       bmoorcroft Win Flush to the Ace 21195.00  22983.75

Comments

• edited November 2011

Sigh.....I was expecting to see the following this morning, at least...

1 post saying 'Wow, ul mate'
    1 post saying 'Fold pre'
    1 post from Doh telling me how exactly I should of played it
    1 post from Daveyzzzz saying its just variance
    1 post from DJToby showing me his 10 'one outer' suck outs against him in the last 2 mins..
    1 post saying 'happy holidays'
    And 1 post from debdobs_67 saying she will now start a 'river only' thread

But no.....I have logged on to check and ended up talking to myself!

NURSE!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited November 2011
    Your 1/10 pot flop donk lead into the p.f 3 bettor left me speechless !!!
  • edited November 2011
    Wow ul mate but fold pre, nevermind though it's just variance.

Happy holidays anyway. : )

• edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: One to make you laugh or cry....just making me sigh!:
    Your 1/10 pot flop donk lead into the p.f 3 bettor left me speechless !!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

IF you are being serious, please elaborate...

I was folding to the button raiser but felt I was priced in when another player flatted. I actually put the button on a small pp and needed to keep him in the pot until the turn, then I was giving him no more cheap cards to hit.
  • edited November 2011
    Wow ul mate but fold pre, nevermind though it's just variance. Happy holidays anyway. : )
    Posted by AcidMan27

:)))
  • edited November 2011
    Yea pre looks ok given stacks I suppose, but prefer a fold.

Disappointed with your pre flop raise size tho, isnt it normally 309.74? let urself down there, u got complacent and lazy......

If you really did put the guy on a small pair, he's pretty much drawing dead. Leading in to him doesn't make much sense as all low pocket pairs other than 4s will fold (4s will cbet anyway, then u can c/r and win money :))

If however u put him on a realistic range (which obv includes small pp's) then a donk bet is ok on that board as he can overplay draws, and overvalue hands, and there are turn cards that hurt u & kill your action, so the idea of the donk bet is fine by me....

....Just the size of it, 300 into a pot of 2,700? :s

It's not getting any value, or providing any protection ........

*edit - I will tell the HU pro pokerkinga to contact u.

• edited November 2011
    Sigh.....I was expecting to see the following this morning, at least... 1 post saying 'Wow, ul mate' 1 post saying 'Fold pre' 1 post from Doh telling me how exactly I should of played it 1 post from Daveyzzzz saying its just variance 1 post from DJToby showing me his 10 'one outer' suck outs against him in the last 2 mins.. 1 post saying 'happy holidays'And 1 post from debdobs_67 saying (she will now start a 'river only' thread , But no.....I have logged on to check and ended up talking to myself! NURSE!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Wow max darlin that was some read ya had on me ;)
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: One to make you laugh or cry....just making me sigh! : Wow max darlin that was some read ya had on me ;)
    Posted by debdobs_67

I know :)
  • edited November 2011
    Yea pre looks ok given stacks I suppose, but prefer a fold. Disappointed with your pre flop raise size tho, isnt it normally 309.74? let urself down there, u got complacent and lazy...... If you really did put the guy on a small pair, he's pretty much drawing dead. Leading in to him doesn't make much sense as all low pocket pairs other than 4s will fold (4s will cbet anyway, then u can c/r and win money :)) If however u put him on a realistic range (which obv includes small pp's) then a donk bet is ok on that board as he can overplay draws, and overvalue hands, and there are turn cards that hurt u & kill your action, so the idea of the donk bet is fine by me.... ....Just the size of it, 300 into a pot of 2,700? :s It's not getting any value, or providing any protection ........ *edit - I will tell the HU pro pokerkinga to contact u.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

I am actually listening, so thanks for you reply (should of put it in the clinic hey!!). 

I am not really after value here, just making sure I am keeping him in the pot until the turn. If I raise more here, I might lose him?. I am not really seeing the need to protect the hand on the flop as I am only losing to AKdd, and if he has that, I go broke anyway on the turn or river.

All I have got in my head ATM is that drunk bird, from one of the Big Bro series, sat in the garden with a wine bottle :))

• edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: One to make you laugh or cry....just making me sigh! : I am actually listening, so thanks for you reply (should of put it in the clinic hey!!).  I am not really after value here, just making sure I am keeping him in the pot until the turn. If I raise more here, I might lose him?. I am not really seeing the need to protect the hand on the flop as I am only losing to AKdd, and if he has that, I go broke anyway on the turn or river. All I have got in my head ATM is that drunk bird, from one of the Big Bro series, sat in the garden with a wine bottle :))
    Posted by MAXALLY

Axdd Kxdd ??

• edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: One to make you laugh or cry....just making me sigh! : Axdd Kxdd ??
    Posted by The_Don90

Good point, well made! (thats what I meant.....ish!)
  • edited November 2011

"I am not really after value here, just making sure I am keeping him in the pot until the turn"

Well we can't lose our customer if we don't bet.....

If your sole intention is to keep him in the pot then surely checking is better than betting into him?

everytime we bet it's for 1 of 2 reasons...

For Value, or as a bluff.....

Clearly on this occasion we got the nuts, we are betting to get value for our hand......

I agree there's not much for us to be scared of on the turn, but there are cards that can scare alot of his potential holdings and kill our action. What if he has 2 black kings or Queens, and the turn is another jack or a diamond, or an ace?

I actually like the idea of a donk lead to him here, dunno if you had reads at the time but I know him as an aggressive player, I'd make it quite small also to tempt him to sp/azz, just think 40/50% of the pot is a better option than 10%, especially with the other guy in the hand too who could well be strong (perfectly standard for him to check to the aggressor after calling a 3bet pre flop).

Once you lead and he raises u can pretty much do whatever u want, he's not folding with that size raise. Played fine from then on. 

*edit ....imo.......

• edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: One to make you laugh or cry....just making me sigh! : Good point, well made! (thats what I meant.....ish!)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    lol al im just in one of those sarcy moods today. been a while so im not holding it in/
  • edited November 2011
    " I am not really after value here, just making sure I am keeping him in the pot until the turn" Well we can't lose our customer if we don't bet..... If your sole intention is to keep him in the pot then surely checking is better than betting into him? everytime we bet it's for 1 of 2 reasons... For Value, or as a bluff..... Clearly on this occasion we got the nuts, we are betting to get value for our hand...... I agree there's not much for us to be scared of on the turn, but there are cards that can scare alot of his potential holdings and kill our action. What if he has 2 black kings or Queens, and the turn is another jack or a diamond, or an ace? I actually like the idea of a donk lead to him here, dunno if you had reads at the time but I know him as an aggressive player, I'd make it quite small also to tempt him to sp/azz, just think 40/50% of the pot is a better option than 10%, especially with the other guy in the hand too who could well be strong (perfectly standard for him to check to the aggressor after calling a 3bet pre flop). Once you lead and he raises u can pretty much do whatever u want, he's not folding with that size raise. Played fine from then on.  *edit ....imo.......
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

I am pretty sure I lose him if I put him all in on the turn. Even some of the wild chasers on here would fold there!

Cheers for your responses though and I look forward to seeing you taking down the 'proper' Deepstack tomorrow ! Dont forget to reg for the mini aswell and go for the Dylan.
  • edited November 2011
    Just recieved my birthday boomswitch activation email from sky! 

Prob is the doublestack now runs in to Thursday so it will expire mid tourny, expect to see me with a huge chip lead at midnight and out by 10 past.

#sigh.
  • edited November 2011
    well max i don't normally comment on hands but being as its you mate here is my two penny's worth. if i had reraised you twice what would you have done.
  • edited November 2011
    well max i don't normally comment on hands but being as its you mate here is my two penny's worth. if i had reraised you twice what would you have done.
    Posted by drumahai05

If it was you Joe, I would of called...or folded. :)
  • edited November 2011
    if its your birthday dohhh then many happy returns(never really understood that expression). maxxy just run better :-)
  • edited November 2011
    Sigh.....I was expecting to see the following this morning, at least... 1 post saying 'Wow, ul mate' 1 post saying 'Fold pre' 1 post from Doh telling me how exactly I should of played it 1 post from Daveyzzzz saying its just variance1 post from DJToby showing me his 10 'one outer' suck outs against him in the last 2 mins.. 1 post saying 'happy holidays' And 1 post from debdobs_67 saying she will now start a 'river only' thread But no.....I have logged on to check and ended up talking to myself! NURSE!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by MAXALLY
    oi! i rarely use the V word!

its just an unlucky,suckout,you were only 95% favourite on the river so 5% of the time you will lose,and 95% of the time you win so these things even themselves out over time,(cant think of anymore clichy's)

dave..
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: One to make you laugh or cry....just making me sigh! : oi! i rarely use the V word! its just an unlucky,suckout,you were only 95% favourite on the river so 5% of the time you will lose,and 95% of the time you win so these things even themselves out over time,(cant think of anymore clichy's) dave..
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    gail
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: One to make you laugh or cry....just making me sigh! : If it was you Joe, I would of called...or folded. :)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    lol i will make a note of that.