You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Whats villans range?

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic
graham1965 Small blind  400.00 400.00 26888.35
SKINDOH73 Big blind  800.00 1200.00 38455.00
  Your hole cards
  • A

fishkicka1 Fold     
AmyDring Fold     
Benalman Fold     
freechips1 Raise  2400.00 3600.00 21151.65
graham1965 Call  2000.00 5600.00 24888.35
SKINDOH73 Fold     
Flop

graham1965 All-in  24888.35 30488.35 0.00

Comments

• edited November 2011
    What hands can villan have?  No info on villan, This is final table of a low stakes BH, i think 8 was paid.
    What hands will villan hold most in this spot?  flush draw? 5,6?
    Do we have to call off 25bb in this spot think we are ahead now?
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Whats villans range?:
    WHERE ARE YOU IN THE TOURNIMENT I.E CASHED,BUBBLE ECT.
    Posted by BADBOY985
    6 left, 8 paid think i was 3rd with av stack.  Im sure one player only had 6k ish
  • edited November 2011
    IN A BH WITH NUT FLUSH DRAW IM NOT BOTHERED ABOUT HIS RANGE ITS GOTTA BE AN INSTANT CALL
  • edited November 2011
    must admit im calling this

• edited November 2011
    Insta-call with nut flush draw and 2 over cards, I think. Unless he's got a set (In which case, you have 8 outs and he's got re-draws for the full house, too) you're pretty much always going to be a marginal favourite there. Are you going to be able to find a better spot to double up than this one? I doubt it.
  • edited November 2011
    call, draw/overpair/set
  • edited November 2011
    Super snap call.
  • edited November 2011
    im calling this but in hes range its unusual for the preflop raiser and he calls he donk leads all in this tells me hes protecting a big hand like ace 9 or a middle pair this is a good flop for a middle pair to do a stop n go bet = call any pereflop raise and hope the flop is low and looks like it connects with the small blind range hope this makes sense :)
  • edited November 2011
    What hands can he be beating you with? He's called a 4x raise from SB so you can asume he hasn't got a 3 or 4 in his hand unless he has a set of them. You have one of the aces so that makes A9 less likely but he could reasonably still have a nine if he's a total fish (9T to A9 are all possible) or he could have a pocket pair 55+ and not be afraid of the nine because you have raised and he is asuming that your opening range misses this flop.

What could he have that you are beating? Kx of hearts might do this for the fold equity, A5 or A2 for the same reason.

Against the made hands that are beating you we have at least 12 outs (15 if he has no ace or ten). slight dogs against some and slight favorites against others, call it 50:50. Against the draws all flushes are dead since we have the nut flush draw and we have the ace too so that is a blocker against the straight draw with A5/A2.

Mathmatically we can call because we have loads of equity in this pot. Don't worry if you called and didn't get there vs K9. You were favorite if this was what he had. It's just poker
  • edited November 2011
    I woulda broke the call button
  • edited November 2011
    If your just looking to ladder fold but if your looking to win call call call call
  • edited November 2011
    dont think he is doin this with a set more likely a fd or with a pair to the board and just wants 2 win it the now but I`m calling this 2over and fd ur roughly 60% againist his pair and even bigger fav if he has 2 random hearts and if you win you are in great shape to win the whole tourney m8
  • edited November 2011

First of all i would like to thank all that have posted on this thread.
    The point of this thread was to see if my reads/thought process is right.  At the time i ruled out top pair, 2 pair or a set, why would someone shove 21k into 5k with any of these hands? I cant understand why anyone would as you lose so much value.
    After ruling these hands out the only hands he can have are 5,6 or a 10,Jhh J,khh type of hand.
    I thought i had />60% equity in the hand.
    Can anyone see anything wrong with my thought process?
    Villan had Q,9 so i only had about 50% equity.  Why couldnt i put a 9 in his range? I hate being wrong.

• edited November 2011
    even against a 9 your a fav mate which makes it  +EV fold. Also i only put weak 9's and draws into his range here. Looks like a standard bh player.
  • edited November 2011
    q 9 blows trumpets i said he would do this with any 9 i said ace 9 tho lol to protect hes hand :) 
  • edited November 2011
    doubt you have 60% equity v his range

would like to see an icm calc on this. I prob call but you can justify folding if you think you can steal easily on table
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Whats villans range?:
    doubt you have 60% equity v his range would like to see an icm calc on this. I prob call but you can justify folding if you think you can steal easily on table
    Posted by grantorino
    +1 ICM calc plz
    play to win and call, especially against a mad shove like that - going to be in good shape more often than not