You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

30nl spot TPTK

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Overall think i played this hand quite bad. Quite early in the sesssion and only possible reason i fold is because 2 hands earlier he 3 bet pre flop woth suited connectors and jammed the river. I struggle to think what hands im actually beating but seem to gte in similar spots quite a while because he could still have kk,AA but i think more often then not hes going to show up with hands like 810d, 910s and sometimes 89d whiich i dont really wnat to get it in against on the flop. I consdered calling turn but so many rivers i just dont wnat to call on and a jam on the trun leaves him little fold equity on any draws.

Hand History #437699583 (22:44 14/11/2011)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
mapp06Big blind £0.30£0.30£4.03
 Your hole cards
  • A
  • Q

RknowlezRaise £0.90£1.20£37.39
KinKadeFold    
weaktightFold    
westslay23Raise £2.10£3.30£45.99
mapp06Fold    
RknowlezCall £1.20£4.50£36.19
Flop

• Q

RknowlezCheck    
westslay23Bet £2.25£6.75£43.74
RknowlezCall £2.25£9.00£33.94
Turn

Comments

• edited November 2011
    i think u played this ok i would just call down turn and river no point raising on flop he folds all bluffs so just let him bluff away i agree hes reraise preflop he could have aa or kk but this is a dream flop for u so i would just play small ball and just call hes bets 
  • edited November 2011
    I prob fold pre, hes 3betting an utg open

If you call dont fold postflop on a Q hi board. Flop call fine imo. Cant see turn, but I prob call down
  • edited November 2011
    I tend to favour the preflop fold with AQ in such an early position but as you called and hit top pair top kicker IMO on the flop I would have c/raised and consider a fold if he comes back over the top.