You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

For all you people who moan about skypoker

edited October 2009 in Area 51
If you think skypoker is bad I think you should try playing on other sites.....heres an example.

I played in a freeroll on another site and there was 8000 runners, I lasted nearly 3 hours in this freerol and finished
11th. how much did I win?  20 cents. The 1st prize was $15 for 5 hours play, I'm no good at exchange rates but I think thats a misely sum.

skypoker offer a lot more money if you can last that long.

so in my estimation there is only 1 site to play on SKYPOKER.

Comments

• edited October 2009
  • edited October 2009
    never been one for freerolls, Partypokers used to be exceptionally bad and used to atttract 8000+ runners.

I assume this is the site you were alluding to? You can tell us, Sky Rich Doesn't mind if we knock other sites. Now if you were saying go there, it's great, don't expect the post to stay on long!!!!

Sky's restricted freerolls are exceptional value, take tonights 'posters freeroll' only 50 runners and a £250 prize pool. Equates to £5.00 buy in per head and a good prize structure.

Even the mass entry ones give decent prizes at the top end and are well worth a go for those on a restricted budget.
  • edited October 2009
    lol........yes it was partypoker.....full people from other countries.I wouldnt put another penny into that site as there is no value in it
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: For all you people who moan about skypoker:
    lol........yes it was partypoker.....full people from other countries.I wouldnt put another penny into that site as there is no value in it
    Posted by COCASIRF
    Wouldn't go back to party if my nan was on fire and the only extinguisher was in their lobby.

I used to play there a lot, deposit £20.00 and at the end of each night withdraw my winnings/balance. I did this about once a week to stop me from spending more than I could afford. The fee's Party charge to withdraw are an absolute disgrace. They need to wear masks. Not only did they charge rake/buy in fees but also to withdraw. I'm pretty sure (but cant quite remember) that they used to charge for deposits if you made lots of deposits in a month.

I still get mail from them now, and now and again, they give me a free few dollars to play with. Even that is a con though as if you win, they take the buy in for your next game out of your winnings, not the restricted cash so ulitmately, you will always have that restricted amount in your account as say in a DYM  for $5.50 to win 10, then they put the $5.50 restricted cash back in your account along with 4.50 unrestricted.

Then when you play another, they take the $4.50 unrestricted off you and another dollar of the restricted. They can't lose doing this and it means you are gracing them eith your presence.

By the way the buy in fee's for DYM there are a scandal. 20% for any game up to about $11.00!

That's before I start to tell you about the quality of the poker. To get a decent run of wins in a DYM, you need to know the dealer! Anything and everything goes, just to reach the bubble, you need to be phsycic.

So to summarise, poor poker, pityful freerolls and terrible buy in fees/rake/withdrawl charges. Yet they are still in the top 4 sites in terms of site traffic.

You all know where to go when you want someone to relieve you of your cash as at 20% buy in, it is virtually impossible to turn a profit/break even.

Cant you tell, I hate em with a passion.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: For all you people who moan about skypoker : Wouldn't go back to party if my nan was on fire and the only extinguisher was in their lobby. I used to play there a lot, deposit £20.00 and at the end of each night withdraw my winnings/balance. I did this about once a week to stop me from spending more than I could afford. The fee's Party charge to withdraw are an absolute disgrace. They need to wear masks. Not only did they charge rake/buy in fees but also to withdraw. I'm pretty sure (but cant quite remember) that they used to charge for deposits if you made lots of deposits in a month. I still get mail from them now, and now and again, they give me a free few dollars to play with. Even that is a con though as if you win, they take the buy in for your next game out of your winnings, not the restricted cash so ulitmately, you will always have that restricted amount in your account as say in a DYM  for $5.50 to win 10, then they put the $5.50 restricted cash back in your account along with 4.50 unrestricted. Then when you play another, they take the $4.50 unrestricted off you and another dollar of the restricted. They can't lose doing this and it means you are gracing them eith your presence. By the way the buy in fee's for DYM there are a scandal. 20% for any game up to about $11.00! That's before I start to tell you about the quality of the poker. To get a decent run of wins in a DYM, you need to know the dealer! Anything and everything goes, just to reach the bubble, you need to be phsycic. So to summarise, poor poker, pityful freerolls and terrible buy in fees/rake/withdrawl charges. Yet they are still in the top 4 sites in terms of site traffic. You all know where to go when you want someone to relieve you of your cash as at 20% buy in, it is virtually impossible to turn a profit/break even. Cant you tell, I hate em with a passion.
    Posted by Hale72

Ouch - take it you are not a fan? ;)

Personally I only ever play on Phil Ivey's site, plus Sky. BUT once we go downloadable client I am withdrawing my funds from that site and putting them all on here.

• edited October 2009
    Most of the 'big' sites are little more than bingo sites now. Things have certainly changed in the last few years. Huge fields for any reasonably priced mtt (I'm talking 000's) and skill plays little or no part in the game. Even the higher entry mtt's for $50 - $200 are not immune from the bingo players. These higher value mtt's get 40%+ of the field from satellites and so are a minefield in the first few hours. Also because the payout structure can mean it pays down to hundreds if not thousands of places, the result is often 4 or 5 hours of play for what barely covers the entry fee.

They say the grass is always greener but unfortunately so are the vast number of players. Sky is good, nay very good. Great tourneys, great community and resident pro Mr Orford. Two out of three ain't bad. 
  • edited October 2009
    I agree this site is best for freerolls. Ive won £45, £65, £22.50, £8 plus various other silly amounts but it adds up to nearlt £150 in freerolls. I played on one site ( 3 numbers the same between 7 and 9 ) and came 3rd out of 2500 and wom $2.50 lol 
  • edited October 2009
    I agree this site is best for freerolls. Ive won £45, £65, £22.50, £8 plus various other silly amounts but it adds up to nearlt £150 in freerolls. I played on one site ( 3 numbers the same between 7 and 9 ) and came 3rd out of 2500 and wom $2.50 lol 
    Posted by loonytoons

666  that'll be devilfish then.

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: For all you people who moan about skypoker : 666  that'll be devilfish then.
    Posted by elsadog
    Run out of paws?
    I can count to four by tapping my hooves.
  • edited October 2009
    best  site  for   freerolls  is    sky    carbon  poker   close  2nd
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to For all you people who moan about skypoker:
    If you think skypoker is bad I think you should try playing on other sites.....heres an example. I played in a freeroll on another site and there was 8000 runners, I lasted nearly 3 hours in this freerol and finished 11th. how much did I win?  20 cents. The 1st prize was $15 for 5 hours play, I'm no good at exchange rates but I think thats a misely sum. skypoker offer a lot more money if you can last that long. so in my estimation there is only 1 site to play on SKYPOKER.
    Posted by COCASIRF
    Quite agree buddy!! only been here a couple of weeks and the site does it have it's fair share of moaners!! simple answer is if you don't like it .... DO ONE!! because we don't want to keep hearing you go on about it :)
  • edited October 2009
    Ladbrokes have 15,000 runners in a freeroll, after 10 minutes its down to 8000 lol , yes thats 7000 out in ten minutes. If you cash after 2 hours you may get 11cents lol. A complete waste of time lol
  • edited October 2009
    Ladbrokes, stop swearing, worst site ever, SKY RULES
  • edited October 2009
    Most of the 'big' sites are little more than bingo sites now. Things have certainly changed in the last few years. Huge fields for any reasonably priced mtt (I'm talking 000's) and skill plays little or no part in the game. Even the higher entry mtt's for $50 - $200 are not immune from the bingo players. These higher value mtt's get 40%+ of the field from satellites and so are a minefield in the first few hours. Also because the payout structure can mean it pays down to hundreds if not thousands of places, the result is often 4 or 5 hours of play for what barely covers the entry fee. They say the grass is always greener but unfortunately so are the vast number of players. Sky is good, nay very good. Great tourneys, great community and resident pro Mr Orford. Two out of three ain't bad. 
    Posted by elsadog
    Sigh, was that really necessary?

Ban plz, Mods. Or have him shot.
  • edited October 2009

I won't mention names, but I have - or had - an Account with one of the Sites mentioned in this thread.

They started charging me $5 per month for NOT playing on the Site! They simply took the $5 out of my Account. Every month. They said it was "to defray the cost of dormant Accounts".

When you think how much money lies around in dormant poker Accounts, it's a staggering sum.
  • edited October 2009
    I won't mention names, but I have - or had - an Account with one of the Sites mentioned in this thread. They started charging me $5 per month for NOT playing on the Site! They simply took the $5 out of my Account. Every month. They said it was "to defray the cost of dormant Accounts". When you think how much money lies around in dormant poker Accounts, it's a staggering sum.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Wow. That is like the ugliest thing I have ever heard. Did you retort that seeing the funds were presumably in their bank account, the 'cost' of dormant accounts was actually then earning interest? ;)
  • edited October 2009
    Sites that charge fees for dormant accounts take the mickey. I don't really have a choice, I have to mainly play on Phil Ivey and Greg Raymer's sites respectively because they have a lot of low-limit Stud, which is my game of choice. It's a pity Sky don't have it...

As for bad beats, we see them on all the sites, not just here ;)
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: For all you people who moan about skypoker : Wow. That is like the ugliest thing I have ever heard. Did you retort that seeing the funds were presumably in their bank account, the 'cost' of dormant accounts was actually then earning interest? ;)
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    I wrote to their then Top Suit, & majority Shareholder, & made my views known.

His name. by the way, (& the Sky Forum Swear-Filter is gonna struggle here, & so I may have to insert several spaces), was Mr Dikshit. I kid you not.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: For all you people who moan about skypoker : I wrote to their then Top Suit, & majority Shareholder, & made my views known. His name. by the way, (& the Sky Forum Swear-Filter is gonna struggle here, & so I may have to insert several spaces), was Mr Dikshit. I kid you not.
    Posted by Tikay10
    That made me laugh out loud.

Whilst at a big US investment bank some of the management and me decided to look through the global staff directory:

Mrs Ginger To*ser
    Mr Richard Banger

Oh there was tears with some of them!
  • edited October 2009
    I won't mention names, but I have - or had - an Account with one of the Sites mentioned in this thread. They started charging me $5 per month for NOT playing on the Site! They simply took the $5 out of my Account. Every month. They said it was "to defray the cost of dormant Accounts". When you think how much money lies around in dormant poker Accounts, it's a staggering sum.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I got the same letter from that other place.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: For all you people who moan about skypoker : Sigh, was that  really necessary? Ban plz, Mods. Or have him shot.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sorry couldn't resist but I did qualify it by saying 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Shooting small dogs is illegal btw and a ban would lead straight to the European Court of Canine Rights. (small dogs division).
  • edited October 2009
    Good shout m8.
  • edited October 2009
    Well just add to the funny names run in this thread i work for a insurance firm whose name shall remain unmentioned and 2 of my international clients are called Mr Richard Hardcock and Mr Dicon Head, the later one being very touchy about how his first name is pronounced when he calls in to my office
  • edited October 2009
    aaahhh party poker my 1st site the memories the memories gonna lie down now
  • edited October 2009
    Agreed!
    Posted by BANDICOOT
    and seconded!! motion carried :)))
  • edited October 2009
    I went to a doctors once after a car accident,

His name

Mr. Hugh Koch
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: For all you people who moan about skypoker : I wrote to their then Top Suit, & majority Shareholder, & made my views known. His name. by the way, (& the Sky Forum Swear-Filter is gonna struggle here, & so I may have to insert several spaces), was Mr Dikshit. I kid you not.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Change of underwear needed. I think I've just wet myself. What a great name
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: For all you people who moan about skypoker : I got the same letter from that other place.
    Posted by elsadog
    I did too. mind you by that time I have a nil balance.  Lets see them take money out of THAT lol