You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Do we fold to this reraise?

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic
First of all I would normaly 3bet on the button with AQ but as half the players were playing very loose, this hand elected to flat call if only to vary the way I play a hand then access the flop from there.

Reads on XX raises with wide range but not got heads up until this point, aggressive when he hits the board, the hands I had seen him turn over after an aggressive hand where not that strong... top pair, PP with over cards on the board and draws.

IMO I have 2 options fold or shove, your thoughts please on my next move and why?

dolphins72Small blind £0.10£0.10£40.61
martyrfcBig blind £0.20£0.30£19.14
 Your hole cards
  • Q
  • A

arthur1965Call £0.20£0.50£51.89
xxRaise £0.80£1.30£39.37
alias79Fold    
waynecCall £0.80£2.10£19.95
dolphins72Fold    
martyrfcFold    
arthur1965Call £0.60£2.70£51.29
Flop

• Q

arthur1965Check    
xxBet £2.03£4.73£37.34
waynecRaise £7.10£11.83£12.85
arthur1965Fold    
xxRaise £10.14£21.97£27.20
waynec???    

Comments

• edited November 2011
    now uv raised the flop u cant fold, get it in
  • edited November 2011
    like shanxta said after raisin that much i aint foldin so i`m gettin it allin now plus go with what you have seen so far he aint been that strong wen showin a lot of strength plus this is a really gd flop for your aq imo.

question see when you called pre flop did you decide what type of boards you were going to go the whole way with your hand, did you have plan if u miss the flop, i usually have a good idea what im doin before it happens not all the time but most times.

hope this helps m8 also did you win lol?
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Do we fold to this reraise?:
    now uv raised the flop u cant fold, get it in
    Posted by SHANXTA
    +1, By your description of his play he could easily have KQ maybe even QJ lol
  • edited November 2011
    like shanxta said after raisin that much i aint foldin so i`m gettin it allin now plus go with what you have seen so far he aint been that strong wen showin a lot of strength plus this is a really gd flop for your aq imo. question see when you called pre flop did you decide what type of boards you were going to go the whole way with your hand, did you have plan if u miss the flop, i usually have a good idea what im doin before it happens not all the time but most times. hope this helps m8 also did you win lol?
    Posted by liamboi11
    My plan was to muck if I missed the flop and I could not have asked for a better flop for AQ 
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Do we fold to this reraise? : +1, By your description of his play he could easily have KQ maybe even QJ lol
    Posted by Poker_Fail

Spot on! I did shove as I felt I was ahead and he showed KQ, however on reviewing my hands I was worried that I may have over played a single pair.

• edited November 2011
    tptk u have to get it in here he could easily have a worse queen k q or even a flush draw id happily stack of here on this flop 
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Do we fold to this reraise? : My plan was to muck if I missed the flop and I could not have asked for a better flop for AQ 
    Posted by waynec
    yep defo gd flop and nh m8
  • edited November 2011
    If they are loose I like 3betting pre

Raise folding that board would require a rock solid read that villain flats a lot with worse and only raises better. Otherwise you turn tptk into a bluff if you raise/fold. Its either flat or raise intending to get it in. The latter sounds fine v this guy