You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

i was lucky to win this pot but was i priced in pre

jgnjgn
edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic

Hand History #436443772 (00:13 12/11/2011)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
jugglegeek Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.94
jasonAA Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.76
seddy Big blind  £0.04 £0.10 £1.56
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • A

jacko746 Call  £0.04 £0.14 £4.43
Telboy120 Call  £0.04 £0.18 £5.59
seddy Check     
jgn Raise  £0.24 £0.42 £6.04
jugglegeek Raise  £1.02 £1.44 £2.92
jasonAA Fold     
jacko746 Fold     
Telboy120 Call  £1.00 £2.44 £4.59
seddy Fold     
jgn Call  £0.80 £3.24 £5.24
Flop

• A
  • Q

jugglegeek All-in  £2.92 £6.16 £0.00
Telboy120 All-in  £4.59 £10.75 £0.00
jgn Call  £4.59 £15.34 £0.65
jugglegeek Show
  • K
  • A

Telboy120 Show
  • K

jgn Show
  • Q
  • A

Turn

• A

River

jgn Win Full House, Aces and Queens £14.18  £14.83

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Fold preflop as I'd imagine juggle is NEVER bluffing there and most times flop is ace high and you get stacked and even if Q high you get stacked when he has overpair.
  • edited November 2011
    You can call here, depends how comfortable you are playing streets with btn

fold pre as standard ABC tbh at NL4

Also can't see stack sizes, I just assume your both 100bb.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: i was lucky to win this pot but was i priced in pre:
    You can call here, depends how comfortable you are playing streets with btn fold pre as standard ABC tbh at NL4 Also can't see stack sizes, I just assume your both 100bb.
    Posted by rancid
    Play streets? Yh that should be fun when pot is £3+ on flop lol
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: i was lucky to win this pot but was i priced in pre : Play streets? Yh that should be fun when pot is £3+ on flop lol
    Posted by Dudeskin8

lol true, they may have massive stacks though )

ok play flop then, c bet will come 100% so depends how you feel about facing that

• jgnjgn
    edited November 2011
    i had around 180 bigs
  • edited November 2011
    i had around 180 bigs
    Posted by jgn

How many did oppo have, if oppo had only 100 bigs then a fold is ok, if the same 180+ then a peel IP is fine -!! be careful

• jgnjgn
    edited November 2011

around about 130

• edited November 2011
    around about 130
    Posted by jgn

You can call but even if the flop comes A83r your going to be calling any c bet, so how do you like them apples.
    ez option is to fold tbh, exciting option is to 4 bet )

Key question is, how does oppo view you, are you only 4 betting AA, what would you flat here.
    What do think oppo's 3 betting range is here 

If you decide to call then it just gets tougher, EZ option = fold - ABC NL4 

• jgnjgn
    edited November 2011
    yeah i get the advice and take on board. if the player before me never called im mucking the hand 100% but thought the price was 2 good at these limits i needed to hit the flop big even if the board never had the queen on it and say had the jack of hearts i would fold the hand after that action.
  • edited November 2011
    readless, which I am most of the time at NL4 since I mulit-table then my 3-bet range is very small. I'd say that I generally only 3-bet here with AK/QQ+ so you are in pretty bad shape against that range. I c-bet the flop here because I have made TPTK although I suspect that against two 3-bet calling ranges I know that I am usually behind I don't want to risk getting bluffed by someone holding Khx. I'm first into the pot so I just shove all in which I have to do because I have less than a pot bet behind.

The problem is I'm going to do this on most flops unless I have AK and I totally miss and the board is scary (I might still do this with AK on a J72 rainbow board with AK). But like someone else said against my range you are going to get stacked most times even though you are getting 4:1 pre flop.

Suppose you hit a Q-high flop then 75% of my range is beating you (QQ,KK,AA) and if you hit an ace high flop then half my range is beating you. Could you really fold if I push on these flops? If you hit your flush on the flop am I going to pay you off every time and if you hit two pair then half my range makes a set. I think you should have folded.

As for the idiot with K8 limp-cold-calling. WTF!!!???
  • edited November 2011
    readless, which I am most of the time at NL4 since I mulit-table then my 3-bet range is very small. I'd say that I generally only 3-bet here with AK/QQ+ so you are in pretty bad shape against that range. I c-bet the flop here because I have made TPTK although I suspect that against two 3-bet calling ranges I know that I am usually behind I don't want to risk getting bluffed by someone holding Khx. I'm first into the pot so I just shove all in which I have to do because I have less than a pot bet behind. The problem is I'm going to do this on most flops unless I have AK and I totally miss and the board is scary (I might still do this with AK on a J72 rainbow board with AK). But like someone else said against my range you are going to get stacked most times even though you are getting 4:1 pre flop. Suppose you hit a Q-high flop then 75% of my range is beating you (QQ,KK,AA) and if you hit an ace high flop then half my range is beating you. Could you really fold if I push on these flops? If you hit your flush on the flop am I going to pay you off every time and if you hit two pair then half my range makes a set. I think you should have folded. As for the idiot with K8 limp-cold-calling. WTF!!!???
    Posted by jugglegeek
    Don't tap the tank !