You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

could I of played this different??

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Right without this seeming as though it is another bad beat story! zzzzzzz   I am actually interested to know if anyone else would of played it the same way?? was my bet-sizing ok???

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
ricky1984 Small blind 20.00 20.00 3367.50
wattzy0390 Big blind 40.00 60.00 4282.50
Your hole cards
zit Fold
Cormach Fold
sturog78 Fold
PoxDoctor8 Fold
ricky1984 Raise 120.00 180.00 3247.50
wattzy0390 Call 100.00 280.00 4182.50
Flop
ricky1984 Bet 160.00 440.00 3087.50
wattzy0390 Call 160.00 600.00 4022.50
Turn
ricky1984 Bet 440.00 1040.00 2647.50
wattzy0390 Call 440.00 1480.00 3582.50
River
ricky1984 Check
wattzy0390 Check
ricky1984 Show
wattzy0390 Show
wattzy0390 Win Straight to the 10 1480.00 5062.50

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Think you played it well. Well hope you did as I would of played it the same.
    Possible he was drawing to a straight with 2 overcards so I would of bet ver half pot to 80% which you did. Think he got very lucky.
  • edited November 2011
    After the flop he was one card -potentially- from a str8. I would have shoved with trips. Also, random I believe you cracked my A's with 53 suited yesterday so no bad beats from your side-painful lol.
  • edited November 2011

think this impossible to say how you could have won this hand the guy calls 160 with air and 440 with 8 outs
    only thing you could have done was raise bigger after the flop but then if you kill every hand where you are only loosing to a runner runner youre never going to win mtts
    you caught a fish who got well lucky

• edited November 2011
    u done nothing wrong here from what i see maybe bet a lil more on the flop apart from that u played it fine dunno what the villain was in the hand for tho lol
  • edited November 2011
    Sorry gracie.
    Did I play the hand badly? If yes say no. But if I didn't then say no :+)
  • edited November 2011
    I cant see what you did wrong apart from as mentioned bet stronger on the flop.
  • edited November 2011
    I may look to c/r turn. 

By betting flop we can then be perceived to slow down at turn (following standard perceived c-bet) when called/missed. 

Question becomes does he take the free card or try and take pot here with a decent bet.  Player dependant.  LOL at check behind on river tho.  What did the guy want?

But if not looking to c/r (which is obv bad if he checks behind) I may just pot+ it to clearly show I;m committed.

Either way, you played your hand well.  He just stations it, gets there in insane fashion then board is so bad he cant even bet it it.  Pointless.

Nh.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: could I of played this different??:
    I may look to c/r turn.  By betting flop we can then be perceived to slow down at turn (following standard perceived c-bet) when called/missed.  Question becomes does he take the free card or try and take pot here with a decent bet.  Player dependant.  LOL at check behind on river tho.  What did the guy want? But if not looking to c/r (which is obv bad if he checks behind) I may just pot+ it to clearly show I;m committed. Either way, you played your hand well.  He just stations it, gets there in insane fashion then board is so bad he cant even bet it it.  Pointless. Nh.
    Posted by AMYBR
    Yeah i can see your reason for possibly c/r turn, but it was early stages of the tourney, so had no real reads on my opponent at this point, and if he had checked behind, i would of been even more sick at the river.

Maybe he was floating the flop, so I can slightly understand the call with me oop, but even tho he picked up str draw on the turn, i felt at that point with me firing again, surely he knew he was beat!!  Maybe he had notes on me for being a serial bluffer!!!
  • edited November 2011
    but y would u check the trun knowing u have the best hand ive learnt with ya best hands u want maximum value meaning bet every street never check at 1 point u dont want to miss a street of value