You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Deep in Mtt Exit hand anaylysis please

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Im abit rusty havent played for a little while and this hand has been bugging me standard cooler or could i have got away from this? Best hand i have seen in about 20mins (not ages i know but the blinds are high) £11 bounty hunter 404 runners 17 of us left im sitting about 8th when i make this play. Im guarentted about 3x the BI but the real money starts at 10th.
How could i have played it better or should i not have played at all?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
FITCH26 Small blind   1000.00 1000.00 22775.00
mowmow Big blind   2000.00 3000.00 35490.03
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • K

haddock214 Fold        
sloppy80 Fold        
jams88 Raise   6000.00 9000.00 32273.30
jason123 Fold        
FITCH26 Fold        
mowmow Call   4000.00 13000.00 31490.03
Flop

• J

mowmow Check        
jams88 Bet   8000.00 21000.00 24273.30
mowmow All-in   31490.03 52490.03 0.00
jams88 Call   23490.03 75980.06 783.27
mowmow Show

jams88 Show
  • J
  • K

Turn

River

• K

mowmow Win Full House, 9s and 8s 75980.06   75980.06

Comments

• edited November 2011
    i would of folded preflop k j not the best of hands if u get called and jack or king comes down can u really say yoour ahead but as played once u have put the 8k in u have to put the rest in hope ya aginst a flush draw 
  • edited November 2011
    Raise less preflop, 3x at this stage is crazy. Not sure you can raise fold though with 19bbs but if you take that option raise LESS.

Flop well played.
  • edited November 2011
    4.5-5k is enough pre. Opening fine unless some extreme dynamic at table. Also make up your mind whether you are calling a shove

dont fold post, flop play is good
  • edited November 2011
    KJ is one of those difficult hands to play with 19bbs. Fold or shove pre would be my choice. and i would prob (reluctantly) fold, because if u do get called with a shove, u more than likely gonna be dominated or in a race. and as ur sitting fairly pretty in the tourney, why waste ur chips with a dangerous hand.

as others have said tho, once u made the decision to raise, i would make it 2-2.5x the bb.
  • edited November 2011
    shove or fold

fold is good

you could 2.2x pre, but you need to decide if your going to call a shove depending who is in the blinds

• edited November 2011
    Fold or shove are you mad ??

Were in the CO with 19 bigs, this is a raising spot all day long. We should be raising with ATC in this spot never mind K J.

Just raise a little bit smaller pre....think your doomed once that flop comes down though.
  • edited November 2011
    5k raise pre. i prob cbet 6k but can avoid stacking on that flop.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Deep in Mtt Exit hand anaylysis please:
    Fold or shove are you mad ?? Were in the CO with 19 bigs, this is a raising spot all day long. We should be raising with ATC in this spot never mind K J. Just raise a little bit smaller pre....think your doomed once that flop comes down though.
    Posted by goodylad21

Out of interest are you raise folding and is that ok with 19bbs ?
  • edited November 2011
    Fold or shove are you mad ?? Were in the CO with 19 bigs, this is a raising spot all day long. We should be raising with ATC in this spot never mind K J. Just raise a little bit smaller pre....think your doomed once that flop comes down though.
    Posted by goodylad21

Mad !
    Options are Fold, shove or raise 2.2x - but yeah it's a standard open in the co 
    I don't think a fold is really that bad either if you have been opening a lot !!

Most likely folding to the shove behind, as long as your raising the same with hands your calling the shove with me thinks

Maybe I should emphasis more in my posts the options and then what I think the better play would be, right or wrong )

• edited November 2011
    5k raise pre. i prob cbet 6k but can avoid stacking on that flop.
    Posted by The_Don90
    1 How and why?

2 I think cbetting is pretty bad readless if you intend folding