You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL30 - mistimed bluff but to disect the hand

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic
ok looking at this hand. NOW I DONT WANT ANY BR RELATED COMMENTS AS THEIR NO GOOD AND TBH CLEARLY IM NOT PLAYING SCARED AS SHOWN BELOW.

Firstly the oppo is a well known NL30 reg, hes usually pretty tight but has 3b me a couple of times and i know he knows im out of my BR so could easily be adding pressure. So i decided to make a move.

Now my thoughts where when i bet turn i was only repping AK, can rule QQ out i think as i didnt cbet (miss a trick?)

Anyways.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
haidyboy Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £108.71
lynx3ffect Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £59.70
 Your hole cards

huuuuume Fold     
pod1 Fold     
tokyo Fold     
The_Don90 Raise  £0.90 £1.35 £48.67
haidyboy Fold     
lynx3ffect Raise  £3.00 £4.35 £56.70
The_Don90 Raise  £7.50 £11.85 £41.17
lynx3ffect Call  £5.10 £16.95 £51.60
Flop

• J

lynx3ffect Check     
The_Don90 Check     
Turn

• Q

lynx3ffect Check     
The_Don90 Bet  £12.71 £29.66 £28.46
lynx3ffect Call  £12.71 £42.37 £38.89
River

lynx3ffect Check     
The_Don90 All-in  £28.46 £70.83 £0.00
lynx3ffect Call  £28.46 £99.29 £10.43
lynx3ffect Show
  • K
  • A

The_Don90 Show

lynx3ffect Win Straight to the Ace £97.49  £107.92

Comments

• edited November 2011
    table select better

openfold pre if you are being 3bet a lot. Dont really like opening intending to 4bet with this hand.

not sure you make much of his range that flats 4bets oop fold when board reads QJTx. Dont agree you always should cbet QQ here
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: NL30 - mistimed bluff but to disect the hand:
    table select better openfold pre if you are being 3bet a lot. Dont really like opening intending to 4bet with this hand. not sure you make much of his range that flats 4bets oop fold when board reads QJTx. Dont agree you always should cbet QQ here
    Posted by grantorino
    my rtable selection was quite good all the sharks arrived when i had about 15 mins left before i finnished seemed kind of pointless standing at that point. I should have mentioned that in OP. FWIW also i started with £15 so this isnt as big a hit as it seems.
  • edited November 2011
    Why have we not bet the flop here?  You've 4bet pre, your read is the player is tight but might be taking advantage of the perception you are playing out of your roll.  You are playing connectors like KK+.  C-Bet 100% flop.
  • edited November 2011
    Oh and give up on the river.  The board crashes into his 4bet calling range like George Micheal into ProntoPrint (other photoshops are available).  You're not getting many folds as played on the river.
  • edited November 2011
    to be fair to don the table selection was ok to start with. he more than held his own . it did get a lot tougher and i said to him i was leaving as it was playing very tough. missed the hand first time around as i was chatting with rogue cell and playing 3 other tables. ul don, get some money behind you and play nl30, your game more than suits this level. phil. ps tommys right give up on river lol
  • edited November 2011
    your flop check makes 0 sense given that you 4 bet pre.
  • edited November 2011
    hes probably not 3betting you super light oop when deep...

turn sizing is too big imo
  • edited November 2011
    as said why the check on the flop with your 4bet IMO a shove on the flop would have been very hard to call.
  • edited November 2011
    Try not to 4bet too often against a decent reg with c r a p ;)
  • edited November 2011
    Shove the flop, cross everything and hope he 3bet you with AK or 9's and does the correct thing and folds.

Alternatively and preferably just fold our unsuited connectors pre at this level.

In Response to Re: NL30 - mistimed bluff but to disect the hand:
    Try not to 4bet too often against a decent reg with c r a p ;)
    Posted by debdobs_67
  • edited November 2011
    Am I the only person who thinks

(a) checking back flop is a good idea
    (b) betting that turn is lighting money on fire
  • edited November 2011
    Like the aggression pre flop. Not the best hand but at least you have the guts to make a play when you think someone is at it. But you have to give up now (hand caught in the cookie jar) or follow it up on the flop and continue the story by shipping the lot on the flop!
  • edited November 2011
    BRM advice is not pointless don u should not be playing nl30 even with 50bb stacking 

Hate hand, Lynx is not gonna be 3 bettin OOP light ever bad time, as played u should 100% be c betting flop or shoving 

Think your trying to be too fancy here mate