You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Has the station a flush here????

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Your thoughts please on how to play this, this player could have any 2 cards so could be drawing or have a made flush, he could also be calling mid pair or a small pocket pair as seen him not long before go all in with a PP(9s) with four clubs on the board he did not have a club and had to reload.
XX is a station my notes tell me to look for him at the tables, he calls any raise and does not seem to fold pre and will even flat call with 27 off UTG, he likes to bluff too much with silly 3bets.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
PatitoSmall blind £0.10£0.10£32.53
XXBig blind £0.20£0.30£20.83
 Your hole cards
  • A

DirtyDollaFold    
andybethFold    
FORDYCEFold    
waynecRaise £1.00£1.30£22.18
PatitoFold    
XXCall £0.80£2.10£20.03
Flop

• A
  • K

3outerCheck    
waynecBet £2.10£4.20£20.08
XXRaise £4.20£8.40£15.83
waynec??    

Comments

• edited November 2011

This is an excellent spot for a maniacal player as you describe to reraise and put you to a decision but the fact is without a club in our hand and very little chance of our hand improving beyond top pair 10 kicker the best decision is to fold our hand and hope we find ourselves in a better spot against the villain later before one of the other sharks at the table does. He probably holds J Q off or the like but if one of them is a club then we could be in schtuk.

In Response to Has the station a flush here????:
    Your thoughts please on how to play this, this player could have any 2 cards so could be drawing or have a made flush, he could also be calling mid pair or a small pocket pair as seen him not long before go all in with a PP(9s) with four clubs on the board he did not have a club and had to reload. XX is a station my notes tell me to look for him at the tables, he calls any raise and does not seem to fold pre and will even flat call with 27 off UTG, he likes to bluff too much with silly 3bets. Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance Patito Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £32.53 XX Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £20.83   Your hole cards A 10       DirtyDolla Fold         andybeth Fold         FORDYCE Fold         waynec Raise   £1.00 £1.30 £22.18 Patito Fold         XX Call   £0.80 £2.10 £20.03 Flop     A K 8       3outer Check         waynec Bet   £2.10 £4.20 £20.08 XX Raise   £4.20 £8.40 £15.83 waynec ??        
    Posted by waynec
  • edited November 2011
    i would of checked this flop wayne its very draw heavy bit of pot control :) when u bet here and get raised instant fold for me the villain could have qq jj with 1 club tho 
  • edited November 2011
    Why are you open raising 5x on the button, I probably just make it standard 3x as you can then do the same with your weaker hands as well.

On flop cbet is correct but again why are you potting it, £1.50 does the same job and saves you money on times you don't hit and are pure bluffing.

As played I fold to minraise as bad players like this only use simple buttons and pretty much every time will pot bet on the turn and unless you put him on draw you cant call, also most bad players who suddenly discover the raise button often have summit that beats you here.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Has the station a flush here????:
    Why are you open raising 5x on the button, I probably just make it standard 3x as you can then do the same with your weaker hands as well. On flop cbet is correct but again why are you potting it, £1.50 does the same job and saves you money on times you don't hit and are pure bluffing. As played I fold to minraise as bad players like this only use simple buttons and pretty much every time will pot bet on the turn and unless you put him on draw you cant call, also most bad players who suddenly discover the raise button often have summit that beats you here.
    Posted by Dudeskin8

Agreed my standard raise is 3X I had my reasons for the larger raise, which are linked to my notes on this guy I think my raise is 4x not 5 the BB.

• edited November 2011
    What happened to XX, 1st to act after the flop?
  • edited November 2011
    call, get it in on blank turn
  • edited November 2011
    call, get it in on blank turn
    Posted by grantorino

Thats what I did on the turn when a none club hit, he called and and showed pockets 7s with no club and the river was kind so happy ending for me

• edited November 2011
    I'm raising 2xbb on the BTN. Costs me less to steal the blinds.
    If I was to raise 5xbb raise here my opponents will probably wonder why the change?
    AT is a good hand but I don't want to be playing big pots with it. If im getting called by a player OOP I may be dominated. But post flop after seeing his all in with the 9's I will probably call and shove the blank turn like you did then close your eyes. Very common for his playing style to raise the flop and calling all ins if he holds the Qc.
    Playing against that type of player will see you go broke allot but double up allot more. Well played
  • edited November 2011
    I'm raising 2xbb on the BTN. Costs me less to steal the blinds. If I was to raise 5xbb raise here my opponents will probably wonder why the change? AT is a good hand but I don't want to be playing big pots with it. If im getting called by a player OOP I may be dominated. But post flop after seeing his all in with the 9's I will probably call and shove the blank turn like you did then close your eyes. Very common for his playing style to raise the flop and calling all ins if he holds the Qc. Playing against that type of player will see you go broke allot but double up allot more. Well played
    Posted by RandomRiv
    Look at the reads hero has posted.
  • edited November 2011

Ok sorry. Now I know im getting called pre flop. Im raising 2xBB. I have ATs a hand hard to play post flop against a calling station. Much prefare to build the pot once I've seen the flop.

• edited November 2011
    Ok sorry. Now I know im getting called pre flop. Im raising 2xBB. I have ATs a hand hard to play post flop against a calling station. Much prefare to build the pot once I've seen the flop.
    Posted by RandomRiv
    As stated in previous post my normal raise is 3x but the pre flop action is not a real concern for me in this hand, as you said AT never easy to play and this flop is not good for any As with no club, my question is do I fold to his reraise knowing he is could have any random hand, was I wise to not believe??
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Has the station a flush here???? : As stated in previous post my normal raise is 3x but the pre flop action is not a real concern for me in this hand, as you said AT never easy to play and this flop is not good for any As with no club, my question is do I fold to his reraise knowing he is could have any random hand, was I wise to not believe??
    Posted by waynec
    You should be more concerned how 3outer managed to get to check the flop without calling pre flop.

But im folding to XX here I think. This is one of them sitsuations where you have to have been there in order to know what to do next. No info im folding and finding a better spot