You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Weekend footy betting (20th/21st)

edited November 2011 in Betting Chat

At last! Proper football is back this weekend & I look forward to finding out who’ll let me down this week. J 

Spain cost me my main acca last week (that’ll teach me for not only betting against my own country but also for breaking my rule about not betting on friendly games) & my long shot came mighty close to rolling in too. Unfortunately Southport couldn’t see off Barnet at home.

So on to this weekend & there’s a few tough calls about. However I’m hopeful that I’ve managed to find some value in there & will manage to nab a winner this weekend. Two bets to begin with for me tomorrow.

Main Acca:

Stoke to beat QPR (H) @ 4/5

Birmingham to beat Peterborough (H) @ 4/5

Swindon to beat AFC Wimbledon (A) @ 21/20

Southend to beat Dagenham & Redbridge (A) @ 8/11

These 4 pay a very healthy 10/1 so well worth a punt.

Stoke have had a tough time of things lately having lost their last 3 in the league. However two of those have come on the road & also after Europa league games (against Arsenal & Bolton), whilst the other was against Newcastle who have yet to lose in the league this term. Generally speaking Stoke don’t give too much away at the Britannia & they’ll be looking at this game to get themselves back on track. Rangers have lost their last two away from Loftus Road, conceding 9 goals in the process. I think this is likely to be a close game but I can’t see them coming away with anything.

Birmingham are unbeaten at St Andrews in the league so far & they’ve kept clean sheets in their last three there. They narrowly lost at Reading last time out a couple of weeks ago but this weekend they host a Peterborough side who have won just twice in eight attempts on the road so far.

The price on Swindon taking the points at Kingsmeadow is simply too big to ignore imo. After a shaky start to the campaign Paulo Di Canio’s men have finally found their rhythm & come into this game unbeaten in 9 in all competitions, including that fantastic 4-1 win at home to Huddersfield in the FA Cup last weekend. Wimbledon managed to hold League 1 Scunthorpe to a 0-0 draw in the cup last weekend but they’ve lost their way a bit in the league. They’re winless in 5 in the league & have only taken 1 point from their last 3 at home which came against struggling Barnet a couple of weeks ago.

I expected Southend to do well this season but if I’m honest I didn’t expect them to go as well as they are. They’re currently 2 points clear at the top of league 2 & are unbeaten in 13 in all competitions winning 11 of those. In contrast the Daggers are in freefall & have only 1 win in their last 13 in all competitions & have lost their last 6 in the league. I kinda wish I’d put my bet on last night cos Southend were a bigger price than this so get on them before their price falls further.

Long Shot Acca:

Robin Van Persie to score in 90 minutes @ 4/5

Everton/Wolves – Under 2.5 Goals @ 4/5

Leyton Orient to beat Stevenage (H) @ 15/8

Preston to beat Rochdale (H) @ 4/5

Crawley to beat Oxford (H) @ 4/5

Gateshead to beat Alfreton (A) @ 4/5

Southport to beat Bath City (H) @ 4/5

These 7 potentially return a whopping 97/1 so only small stakes for some extra fun.

RvP has been in superb form this season & has scored 11 of Arsenal’s 23 league goals so far. They travel to Norwich for the lunch time kick off tomorrow & whilst the Canaries will fight for the whole 90 minutes they’ve not got the strongest back line & RvP will have a great opportunity to add to his tally here.

Everton’s biggest problem this term is scoring goals. They’ve only got 11 goals in 10 league games this term & only West Brom have scored less goals at home than the Toffees this term. Wolves roll into town tomorrow & they’re looking for back to back league wins for the first time since the opening games of the season. 3 of the last four meetings between these two have finished all square & only one of these games produced more than 2 goals.

Leyton Orient are a big price to win at home against a Stevenage side that have been hit & miss on the road this term. The O’s come into this game unbeaten in 9 in all competitions. Stevenage are on a good run themselves as well as they’re unbeaten in 6 & have won their last 4 in all competitions but if you’re having a long shot this weekend you can’t ignore this price.

Preston are on a horror run of results at the moment & are winless in 10 in all competitions. However they’ve a decent side there & sooner or later they’re gonna pick up that elusive win. Tomorrow sees a derby game against a Rochdale side that haven’t travelled well at all this season. They’ve just one win in eight on the road in the league (6 defeats) whilst they also lost at league 2 Bradford in the cup last weekend.

Only Swindon have won at Crawley this season & they should keep that record intact when Oxford make the trip to Sussex tomorrow. Oxford come into this game on the back of three straight defeats albeit two of those were cup games. However they’ve also lost 5 of their 9 on the road in the league this term & road trips in league 2 don’t come much tougher than Crawley this season.

Gateshead have fallen off the pace at the top of the conference in recent weeks but with good away form they’ll fancy their chances of taking maximum points from a struggling Alfreton side. They’re unbeaten in 4 in all competitions & have won their last two on the road. In contrast Alfreton’ only win in the last 12 in all competitions came in the FA Cup 4th qualifying round. These two have already met in the league this term with Gateshead running out 2-0 winners at the beginning of September.

Southport let me down for my long shot last weekend so hopefully they can make up for it this week. Last weekend’s cup defeat against Barnet was their first in 9 games. Rock bottom Bath City are the visitors this weekend & with no wins & 6 defeats on their travels so far this term this should be as close to a home banker as you’ll get this weekend (on paper at least!). TBH I’m surprised Southport aren’t a shorter price than this.

Good luck if you’re having a go this weekend peeps

Jay

Comments

• edited November 2011
    1. Watford v Portsmouth Draw @ 23/10
    2. Reading v Cardiff Draw @ 12/5
    3. Barnsley v Doncaster Draw @ 12/5
    4. Burnley v Leeds Draw @ 12/5

DOUBLES,TREBLES ACCA

• edited November 2011
    1. Sunderland v Fulham Sunderland 1-0 @ 6/1
    2. Wigan v Blackburn Wigan 2-0 @ 11/1
    3. Stoke v Q.P.R. Draw 1-1 @ 11/2
    4. Manchester City v Newcastle Manchester City 5-0 @ 28/1

YANKEE

• edited November 2011
    I've gone for:

Bolton Wanderers (A) to beat West Brom                  3-1
    Wolves +0.5, +1 (A) to beat Everton                        2.19
    0-0 at HT in Man City v Newcastle United                  11-4
    Birmingham City (H) to beat Peterborough United      5-6
    Brighton and Hove Albion (A) to beat Southampton   13-2
    Plymouth Argyl (A) to beat Torquay United                5-1

Both teams to score in West Brom v Bolton Wanderers, Burnley v Leeds United, Sheffield United v Carlisle United and Morecambe v Crewe Alexandra       6.66-1
  • edited November 2011
    1. Coventry 1 v 1 West Ham |West Ham| @ 4/1

Gotta say 4/1 betting in running ive had a big bet on whu

• edited November 2011
    1. Coventry 1 v 2 West Ham |West Ham| 4-1 @ 50/1
  • edited November 2011
    Nuts! Birmingham cant even beat the amateur posh, let me down on a few this week!
    In profit though..

Charlton, MK Dons, Huddersfield, Sheffield Utd & Sheffield Wednesday all to win @ 51.00
    Manchester City, Southampton, Charlton & Southend all to win @ 8.00
    FootballBarclays Premier LeagueSunderland v Fulham Match Result 19/11/2011 15:00Draw (Win) @ 3.30
    FootballNpower ChampionshipBarnsley v Doncaster Match Result 19/11/2011 15:00Barnsley (Win) @ 2.20
    FootballNpower ChampionshipWatford v Portsmouth Match Result 19/11/2011 15:00Watford (Win) @ 2.40
    FootballNpower League 1Oldham v Chesterfield Match Result 19/11/2011 15:00Oldham (Win) @ 1.80
    FootballNpower League 1Sheffield Utd v Carlisle Match Result 19/11/2011 15:00Sheffield Utd (Win) @ 1.83
    58-1

and then birmingham....
    FootballFootball LiveInverness 0 v 2 Celtic Match Result. 19/11/2011 12:30Celtic (Win) @ 1.67
    FootballFootball LiveNorwich 1 v 2 Arsenal Match Result. 19/11/2011 12:45Arsenal (Win) @ 1.61
    FootballFootball LiveBurnley 1 v 2 Leeds Match Result. 19/11/2011 12:45Leeds (Win) @ 2.75
    FootballNpower ChampionshipBirmingham v Peterborough Match Result 19/11/2011 15:00Birmingham @ 1.80
    FootballGermany Regionalliga NordBerlin AK 07 v RB Leipzig Match Result 19/11/2011 13:00RB Leipzig (Win) @ 1.44
    FootballGermany Regionalliga SudBayern Alzenau v Wormatia Worms Match Result 19/11/2011 13:00Wormatia Worms (Win) @ 1.83
    FootballGermany Regionalliga SudKarlsruher SC II v Stuttgarter Kickers Match Result 19/11/2011 13:00Stuttgarter Kickers (Win) @ 2.00
    had a few quid on each, shame birmingham didnt win, would of been quids in, nevermind.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Weekend footy betting (20th/21st):
    I've gone for: Bolton Wanderers (A) to beat West Brom                  3-1 Wolves +0.5, +1 (A) to beat Everton                        2.19 0-0 at HT in Man City v Newcastle United                  11-4 Birmingham City (H) to beat Peterborough United      5-6 Brighton and Hove Albion (A) to beat Southampton   13-2 Plymouth Argyl (A) to beat Torquay United                5-1 Both teams to score in West Brom v Bolton Wanderers, Burnley v Leeds United, Sheffield United v Carlisle United and Morecambe v Crewe Alexandra       6.66-1
    Posted by Wilhelm
    Not the most profitable Saturday afternoon for me...
  • edited November 2011
    ok....... Im trying not to get ahead of myself here!!!!!

Bet as follows

£5  9fold accy

arsenal - W
    West Ham - W
    Charlton - W
    MK Dons - W
    Huddersfield -W
    Sheffield Utd - W
    Southend - W
    Crawley - W

So thats 8/9 so far all come in

Hate this part..... Man td to beat swansea away , and if they do my fiver turns into just over 1K , or at least i think thats correct , pretty certain.

Will post total win if utd do it for me , if not......... well lets just be positive !!!!
  • edited November 2011
    Utd 1-0 up !!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited November 2011
    haha thats never a 1k pick up for a fiver 
  • edited November 2011
    ok....... Im trying not to get ahead of myself here!!!!! Bet as follows £5  9fold accy arsenal - W West Ham - W Charlton - W MK Dons - W Huddersfield -W Sheffield Utd - W Southend - W Crawley - W So thats 8/9 so far all come in Hate this part..... Man td to beat swansea away , and if they do my fiver turns into just over 1K , or at least i think thats correct , pretty certain. Will post total win if utd do it for me , if not......... well lets just be positive !!!!
    Posted by acerag83
    Good Luck, hope you collect!
  • edited November 2011
    haha thats never a 1k pick up for a fiver 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    tbh i roughly worked out its 178/1 so not far off 1k
  • edited November 2011
    what were odds cleaver they all odds on aint they 

• edited November 2011
    all the top 2 won in every english domestic league premiership champion ship league 1 and league 2           8 teams all won all looked good things wonder what odds were on that 
  • edited November 2011
    finished 1-0

£5 returned £1059 and a few pennies

think some of the odds were slightly improved as i think 5or6 of the teams played away from home , although this is only small difference to odds , in a 9 fold every little bit adds up
  • edited November 2011
    did u lay off on bet fair,,if not u should have laid the SCUMbags
  • edited November 2011
    did u lay off on bet fair,,if not u should have laid the SCUMbags
    Posted by andybuck
    dont fully understand this post tbh but no , i only use sky for poker and betting , no other sites. Used to use several but decided to stick to just 1
  • edited November 2011
    what andybuck meant was as u had alot to come back for your fiver did u do a coiver bet and do the draw in the man utd game so if man utd didnt win u get a consolation prize 
  • edited November 2011
    1. Chelsea v Liverpool A Penalty Awarded @ 5/2
  • edited November 2011
    Chelsea v Liverpool Draw 4-4 @ 300/
  • edited November 2011
    finished 1-0 £5 returned £1059 and a few pennies think some of the odds were slightly improved as i think 5or6 of the teams played away from home , although this is only small difference to odds , in a 9 fold every little bit adds up
    Posted by acerag83
    very nice well done mate.

i cant even pick an even money shot atm, let alone a 200+/1.
  • edited November 2011
    Very good weekend for me...

£7 on Man city, Southampton, Charlton and Southend to win returned around £50

and £2 on Leicester, west ham, sheff utd, man u, man city, arsenal and everton. returns around £50  if leicester manage to win.

also had £1.50 on Man u, charlton, bournmouth and southen  which returned around £30. 

so paid for my nights out in Nottingham over the weekend. only let down was Ipswich no holding onto a 2-1 lead and losing 3-2 :(
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Weekend footy betting (20th/21st) : very nice well done mate. i cant even pick an even money shot atm, let alone a 200+/1.
    Posted by splashies
    I know that feeling only too well bud :(