You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

******* TSP TEAM SKY POKER ******* ********** official thread **********

edited April 2013 in Team Talk
GUKPT Blackpool 263 runners

Scotty77 278th   lol
Dantb10 61st
Budgirl 54th
SIKAS 52nd
Penguin7 50th

Budgirl is playing at Nottingham DTD today in the ********** live festival....... Will update you with his progress

Comments

• edited April 2013

TSP Team Members

Team Manager
    tikay10

2013 Team

albania
    andrew1947
    aussie09
    carrsbar
    jamielou
    lambert180
    madeyeii
    scotty77
    TommyD
    touchsmart
    yoyo

Previous TSP Members

Sponsored Pro
    yoyo

Q1 2012 Winners
    curtilizer
    JingleMa
    LOL_RAISE
    patwalshh
    style2737
    tiggertoo

Q4 2011 Winners
    Giant811
    JingleMa
    lumkming09
    penguin7
    style2737
    TTayseer

Q3 2011 Winners
    aussie09
    budgirl
    jackl
    JingleMa
    penguin7

sikas

Q2 2011 Winners
    aussie09
    EBBERDON
    Keysasoze6
    sam1986

Q2 2011 Presenter Winner
    IANFRAZER

Q1 2011 Winners
    BENDOG40
    gixxerk4
    scotty77

Q4 2010 Winners

ajs4385
    ROBBIEROTT
    solidstan1

Original Members
    dantb10
    GliterBabe

lJAMESl
    lolufold
    Lisa_Marie

• edited November 2011
    Well Done Comrade Aussie!!

Good Luck with this, The Squaddies
  • edited November 2011
    Top Bloke Aussie - Now go Rally Those Troops :)

Nice one M8y
  • edited November 2011
    Just a quick note - I qualified for TSP in Q1 2011 with Gixxer/Bendog and RobbieRott in Q4 2010 :)

Some of my Sky Poker achievements.

Won the Monday Night BH 3 times, won the normal open twice, FT the Sky Sports Thursday BH 3 times, FT Primo 3 times with 2 seconds, FT the monthly 220 DS twice, won the roller twice with a number of other FT/cashes.

Horrific record in the Sunday Roller but have recently done a min cash and a 3rd.

Oh yh won various Take on Tikays and the Thews at 10 once :)

Taken part in the following live tournies for TSP:

GUKPT Walsall - FT but messed up :(
    GUKPT Luton
    GUKPT Coventry
    GUKPT Blackpool
    GUKPT Goliath
    DTD 300 Deepstack
    SPT Cardiff/Notts

Will be playing the 550 D4 Events 6 max in Luton in a couple of hours.  Bought in myself but will wear the badge :)

Well done Aussie for taking the time to do this.  Nice one.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: ******* TSP ******* TEAM SKY POKER ******* official thread *********:
    Just a quick note - I qualified for TSP in Q1 2011 with Gixxer/Bendog and RobbieRott in Q4 2010 :) Some of my Sky Poker achievements. Won the Monday Night BH 3 times, won the normal open twice, FT the Sky Sports Thursday BH 3 times, FT Primo 3 times with 2 seconds, FT the monthly 220 DS twice, won the roller twice with a number of other FT/cashes. Horrific record in the Sunday Roller but have recently done a min cash and a 3rd. Oh yh won various Take on Tikays and the Thews at 10 once :) Taken part in the following live tournies for TSP: GUKPT Walsall - FT but messed up :( GUKPT Luton GUKPT Coventry GUKPT Blackpool GUKPT Goliath DTD 300 Deepstack SPT Cardiff/Notts Will be playing the 550 D4 Events 6 max in Luton in a couple of hours.  Bought in myself but will wear the badge :) Well done Aussie for taking the time to do this.  Nice one.
    Posted by scotty77
    cheers ryan.  and a perfect contribution.

• edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: ******* TSP ******* TEAM SKY POKER ******* official thread *********:
    Just a quick note - I qualified for TSP in Q1 2011 with Gixxer/Bendog and RobbieRott in Q4 2010 :) Some of my Sky Poker achievements. Won the Monday Night BH 3 times, won the normal open twice, FT the Sky Sports Thursday BH 3 times, FT Primo 3 times with 2 seconds, FT the monthly 220 DS twice, won the roller twice with a number of other FT/cashes. Horrific record in the Sunday Roller but have recently done a min cash and a 3rd. Oh yh won various Take on Tikays and the Thews at 10 once :) Taken part in the following live tournies for TSP: GUKPT Walsall - FT but messed up :( GUKPT Luton GUKPT Coventry GUKPT Blackpool GUKPT Goliath DTD 300 Deepstack SPT Cardiff/Notts Will be playing the 550 D4 Events 6 max in Luton in a couple of hours.  Bought in myself but will wear the badge :) Well done Aussie for taking the time to do this.  Nice one.
    Posted by scotty77
    Ryan - Walsall FT was a fantastic achievement, we were on edge of our seats watching you 3 barrel that hand, don't ever think you messed up, you made a move that could have won the tournament!

Good luck in the 6 max, run good

Dave
  • edited November 2011
    Posted by scotty77
    I was there and watched you play for the 2 days - you were awsome.

Messed up? - Not in my book, it was a great and brave move and you nearly pulled it off - Excellent.
  • edited November 2011
    Very useful thread, good work Rob.
  • edited November 2011

Well I think he messed up!

ONLY KIDDING FFS! Like others have mentioned, I think you should be proud of your performance there (I was also railing you), and you could of gone on and won the whole thing. It was one hand that went wrong....you defo did not 'mess up'

Cheers for this thread Rob.....english only on it though please.
  • edited November 2011
    great work Rob and well done to Trev for coming up with it in GPC
  • edited November 2011
    Team entered onto "Teams" list - welcome!!!!
  • edited November 2011
    When repping sky - came 41st in w world series of poker event  $11,800 odd
                              - came second in manchester spt £2,600
                              - finished second in glasgow spt £2,600 (cant win)
                              - finished 4th in manchester GUKPT for £15,000.

Also won the total player competition 2010. made day 2 of the wsop main event and bubbled a side event same year.

Online i mainly play cash games 100nl to 300nl, sometimes higher depending on players.

Have won the sunday roller and came 2nd in primo, but i have never won an 8pm sky main event. (i dont think)

Prob missed stuff but thats what i remember.

Dan
  • edited November 2011
    oh i won the vegas lite package aswell in which i crushed nutter5932 heads up! (hope he reads this he still bitter about it 2 this day!)
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: ******* TSP TEAM SKY POKER ******* ********** official thread **********:
    When repping sky - came 41st in w world series of poker event  $11,800 odd                           - came second in manchester spt £2,600                           - finished second in glasgow spt £2,600 (cant win)                           - finished 4th in manchester GUKPT for £15,000. Also won the total player competition 2010. made day 2 of the wsop main event and bubbled a side event same year. Online i mainly play cash games 100nl to 300nl, sometimes higher depending on players. Have won the sunday roller and came 2nd in primo, but i have never won an 8pm sky main event. (i dont think) Prob missed stuff but thats what i remember. Dan
    Posted by dantb10
    WoW - Thats Impressive
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: ******* TSP TEAM SKY POKER ******* ********** official thread **********:
    In Response to Re: ******* TSP TEAM SKY POKER ******* ********** official thread ********** : WoW - Thats Impressive
    Posted by POKERTREV

....ish. He has NEVER won the offordable deepstack though :)
  • edited November 2011
    how did you win in Q2&Q3? i thought current tsp members werent allowed to play in the next tsp tourney or am i wrong? if so my bad!
  • edited November 2011
    how did you win in Q2&Q3? i thought current tsp members werent allowed to play in the next tsp tourney or am i wrong? if so my bad!
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    i have not heard that.  however, you might be thinking about those tsp members who are retained (as 20% of their winnings are used to finiance more tournament buy-ins or for just being too handsome) in which case they are ignored as a qualifier and their place goes to the 31st person.  let's hope that you are as wrong as i am ugly.

• edited November 2011
    When repping sky - came 41st in w world series of poker event  $11,800 odd                           - came second in manchester spt £2,600                           - finished second in glasgow spt £2,600 (cant win)                           - finished 4th in manchester GUKPT for £15,000. Also won the total player competition 2010. made day 2 of the wsop main event and bubbled a side event same year. Online i mainly play cash games 100nl to 300nl, sometimes higher depending on players. Have won the sunday roller and came 2nd in primo, but i have never won an 8pm sky main event. (i dont think) Prob missed stuff but thats what i remember. Dan
    Posted by dantb10
    thanks dan... great stuff and impressive.  also the longest soundbite ever.

• edited November 2011

Great work Rob
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: ******* TSP TEAM SKY POKER ******* ********** official thread ********** : thanks dan... great stuff and impressive.  also the longest soundbite ever.
    Posted by aussie09
    ty i dnt know what a sound byte is? lol
  • edited November 2011
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    It's pretty much what Aussie as already said.  The leaderboard for the next quarter is down as if there are no TSP members.  Then any who are retained are removed from the leaderboard and the relevant runners in the relevant league are moved up to form 30 in each.

Never heard them say you can't win twice on the spin.  In fact they have mentioned before quotes along the lines of 'Player X is looking goo d in the league for a chance to qualify again.'  Personally I think Aussie's B2B run was very impressive.

Aussie, great work in the thread Sir.  I would suggest a list of all the present active members though.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: ******* TSP TEAM SKY POKER ******* ********** official thread ********** : It's pretty much what Aussie as already said.  The leaderboard for the next quarter is down as if there are no TSP members.  Then any who are retained are removed from the leaderboard and the relevant runners in the relevant league are moved up to form 30 in each. Never heard them say you can't win twice on the spin.  In fact they have mentioned before quotes along the lines of 'Player X is looking goo d in the league for a chance to qualify again.'  Personally I think Aussie's B2B run was very impressive. Aussie, great work in the thread Sir.  I would suggest a list of all the present active members though.
    Posted by TommyD
    thank you tommy.  and your idea has been implemented.  great.

• edited November 2011
    Nice work Aussie - Its coming together nicely.

And thanks to all the TSP Members who have contributed so far.
  • edited November 2011

TSP players, current and past, please contribute a soundbite here.  thanks mates.

• edited November 2011
    How many TSP Members are playing SPT Newcastle?
  • edited November 2011

four; aussie09, budgirl, sikas and yoyo.

but it's not an official TSP event though.

• edited November 2011
    four; aussie09, budgirl, sikas and yoyo. but it's not an official TSP event though.
    Posted by aussie09
    Nice one - I will see you there - not on my table though hopefully :)
  • edited November 2011

Calling TSP Members,

A few people were asking for more detail about TSP members and achievements which led me to set up this thread.  A part of this is a place for each member to supply a "soundbite" of achievement which will be of interest to others. This is my request to you. Can you please post or PM me with your own sentence/paragraph detailing your Poker CV?

Thanks.

Rob
    aka aussie09

• edited November 2011

Joined Sky Poker as their resident pro in April 2011. Been pro for six years now, some giddy highs, some brutal lows. Lows include sharing a room with Tikay & some of the worst bluffs imaginable either two tables out or 300bb deep during level 1 in 5k events. Been bankroll broke once. It's also widely reported that I regularly run good & Main Event wins are;

£1k Grosvenor Grand Challenge Luton 05

£1k GUKPT Plymouth 07

€8k EPT Baden 07

£1k GUKPT Brighton 08

$5k Venetian Deepstack Extravaganza 08

£1k DTD Monte Carlo 11

£1k GUKPT Coventry 11

More recently I snagged a 3rd at SPT Leeds & won the UKOPS leader board with two cashes & a win. On a darker note I'm pretty sure I'm the best at either busting in Level 1 or bubbling all Sky Roller tournaments. Have been in & out of love with the game a few times, & yeah yeah it's corny as hell but I'm at my most comfortable now with Sky Poker. I've played everywhere from Goa to St Kitts but one thing has always remained constant; the burning need to get home ASAP once busted. Finally, if I had a penny for every time someone has said 'why are you playing these (low) stakes', I'd have a buy-in & change for the aforementioned roller comps...not all winner players aspire to play at the highest limits. Middle aged & variance averse.

• edited November 2011
    good post yoyo i like sky poker aswell like the main even tourneys thats if i sattelite in lol