You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

think i know the answer to this already!

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic
i put this down, in the lon
robbyrabitSmall blind £0.15£0.15£36.37
tommo283Big blind £0.30£0.45£16.40
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

DOHHHHHHHFold    
pod1Raise £0.90£1.35£47.42
Wacko90Fold    
TommyDFold    
robbyrabitRaise £1.35£2.70£35.02
tommo283Fold    
pod1Raise £3.00£5.70£44.42
robbyrabitRaise £4.80£10.50£30.22
pod1Raise £12.00£22.50£32.42
robbyrabitCall £9.60£32.10£20.62
Flop

• A

robbyrabitBet £15.00£47.10£5.62
pod1Fold    
robbyrabitMuck    
robbyrabitWin £30.49 £36.11
robbyrabitReturn £15.00£1.61£51.11
Nextg run though is it the right thing to do?. dont think its aces as i thinkit woulda all gone in on the flop, thinking ak though

Comments

• edited November 2011
    He clicks it back twice and opens half pot?

Jebus I hate this.

I think I fold flop also but the click back twice leaves me uber curious.

Well dicipled fold I think.

Maybe start auto mucking K's :)

I had a run where I lost with K's vs Ax 18 hands running.  Your always going to be generating a massive pot, so its brutal.

There is a hand in the 11 main Event wher Lamb loses the minimum with K's vs A's.  The commentators do a great job of analyising his thought process in terms or his perceived edge over field vs one hand one pair, even getting oponenht to check back river IP.  If you havent seen it take a look.

Educated me.
  • edited November 2011
    will do bud, i should put up the hand with me and qq against same guy, but im too embarrassed. 
  • edited November 2011

Dont 4bet unless you want to get it in pre, think you did though. When he min 5bets shove , hes never folding.  if you can somehow  put him exclusively on AA call and setmine. Also your 4bet is too small imo 150BB deep

His bet on flop is really weird. Assuming he puts the last 5 in you are getting over 2.5/1. Im torn between his line makes no sense he shouldnt have an A and his line is so weird he could turn over AA. I think I'd click call but dont know 

• edited November 2011
    Again, agree with GT. Here I kind of sensed a PP that doesnt like the A but has to keep up the aggression following line pre.

However we just dont know where we are, so better to fold flop than sigh call 3 streets, which we kind of have to after crying uncle pre, especially when we put AK/Q in his range.

As i said the click back twice is odd.  TBH I suspect your image at table comes into play here.  I was suspicious of Q's through 9's pre for some reason.  But as said, once we cry uncle pre, we pretty much have to fold flop.  We are hero playing otherwise.
  • edited November 2011
    i found out later he 5 bets lite!! ok i got lucky on this occasion , but it made me wonder about previous hand now!!!
    TommyDSmall blind £0.15£0.15£75.75
    robbyrabitBig blind £0.30£0.45£53.02
     Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

tommo283Fold    
    DOHHHHHHHFold    
    pod1Raise £1.20£1.65£43.04
    PatitoFold    
    TommyDFold    
    robbyrabitRaise £1.80£3.45£51.22
    pod1Raise £2.70£6.15£40.34
    robbyrabitRaise £3.60£9.75£47.62
    pod1Call £1.80£11.55£38.54
    Flop

robbyrabitBet £5.78£17.33£41.84
    pod1Call £5.78£23.11£32.76
    Turn

• A

robbyrabitBet £23.11£46.22£18.73
    pod1Call £23.11£69.33£9.65
    River

• Q

robbyrabitAll-in £18.73£88.06£0.00
    pod1All-in £9.65£97.71£0.00
    robbyrabitUnmatched bet £9.08£88.63£9.08
    robbyrabitShow
    • A

pod1Show
    • Q
    • Q

pod1WinThree Queens£86.83 £86.83
  • edited November 2011
    Am i reading the 3bets wrong? are they the smallest 3-bets?
    You raise 3xbb to 90p and he re-raises to 1.35??? with the pot at 2.70 im re-raising to about £8. Might sort if he has AA out there. But to be honest im not laying this down pre flop so if he re-raises I'm getting it in
  • edited November 2011
    hi random, i got it to 12 quid and to be fair i was expecting him to put the rest in at that point which was going to be called obviously. the problem is post flop, it isnt just aa i have to worry about now is it?
  • edited November 2011

My point is why tip toe with KK pre flop? your up against 5 hands and your worried pre flop he might have AA? get it in!! Re-raise bigger, now he knows he if raises again it's for his stack and not a couple of quid. If you re-raised to £8 and he calls. He checks the flop to you bet half the pot £8 again and now if he shoves you have an easy fold. Lost £16 but you know where you are.
    Instead it cost you about £9 and you have no idea where you stand. To me thats just leaking chips.

• edited November 2011
    i was trying to get it all in pre random , but in small jumps, yes 3 bet to 4bet b was  small but from 4 quid to 12 quid i thought was right. had he played ball he shoulda come over the top.  if i had gone to £8 from £1.30 do you not think i am losing a vast range of hands 7s/jjs aq, aj. i want him in, not running surley.
  • edited November 2011
    4betting to 8 is too big imo, especially if you ever 4b/f with other hands
  • edited November 2011

What are you folding pre flop all in heads up? AA KK QQ JJ TT AK?
    Im prepared to get it all in pre flop if he has aces so be it. Im not worried about only keeping AA with raise from £2.70 to £8.00. Only 1 hands beats you AA. He can still shove with KK QQ JJ TT AK and maybe even more depending on his style. Big Hand Big pot. KK is as big as they come get it in!!

• edited November 2011
    i think i havnt explained this properly. if i raise to £8 and HE has 7s/jj aq aj, HE may well fold. i dont want this , i want him in the hand. i am not folding this pre, never was. if he has aces here then so be it i agree with you here. as you can see by the 2nd example by keeping it small i keep worse hands in. yes i was lucky/unlucky depends how you look at it.
  • edited November 2011
    I have woke up a bit and see what you mean. But im still re-raising more than you did. Small raising with KK is bad play imo. I think you get put into bad spots and costly spots too often. See nothing wrong with taking a pot down pre flop
  • edited November 2011
    ugly hand the first one, im prob just calling it off with the amount in the pot, if he has AA or AK, just swear alot and reload

couldnt help noticing a giant fish on that table tho (dohhhhhhh) easy money i hope :)
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: think i know the answer to this already!:
    ugly hand the first one, im prob just calling it off with the amount in the pot, if he has AA or AK, just swear alot and reload couldnt help noticing a giant fish on that table tho (dohhhhhhh) easy money i hope :)
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    I agree with this, ppl are clicking back with small pp lately so could easily be 99-QQ he could be repping an ace still. Although pretty sucks here but with amount invested i will get in and make a note 
  • edited November 2011
    i gifted him 30 in the first 5 mins greg. all went in pre my 10 10 v ak .rivered a k !! such a luckbox!!! i did smile when tommyd took 200bb off him mind ;-)