You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Stamps

edited November 2011 in Betting Chat
Just placed a £10 bet on Borussia Monchengladbach to beat Werder Bremen - at 1/10000 because they're 5-0 up already, with not long to play. Won't even win 1p on it, but 1 stamp down, 4 to go for a free £5 bet :) Does anybody else do this?

Comments

• edited November 2011
    In Response to Stamps:
    Just placed a £10 bet on Borussia Monchengladbach to beat Werder Bremen - at 1/10000 because they're 5-0 up already, with not long to play. Won't even win 1p on it, but 1 stamp down, 4 to go for a free £5 bet :) Does anybody else do this?
    Posted by EvilPingu
    Brilliant post!
  • edited November 2011
    Bump - Got my first free bet from this yesterday - The bets I placed:

Sat 19/11 - £10 on Borussia Monchengladbach to beat Werder Bremen @ 1/10000 - Borussia Monchengladbach were winning 5-0 at the time of placing the bet.

Sun 20/11 - £10 on Feyenoord to beat Vitesse @ 1/10000 - Feyenoord were winning 4-0 with hardly any time left at the time of placing the bet

Mon 21/11 - £10 on South Africa OR Australia to win in the 3rd test @ 1/14, bet placed at Tea on Day 5, Aus needing 84 off 34 overs to win, SA needing 4 wickets. With Haddin and Johnson at the crease, they were either going to hit a quick 80 between them, or get out quickly and expose the inexperienced Aussie tail to Steyn, Morkel, Philander and Tahir, so a draw was pretty much out of the question. Also won 71p :)

Tues 22/11 - £10 on Real Madrid to beat Dinamo Zagreb @ 1/10000 - Real Madrid were leading 5-0 at the time of placing the bet, about 35 minutes remaining.

Weds 23/11 - £10 on Valencia to beat Genk @ 1/10000 - Valencia were winning 6-0 at the time.

Have used my free £5 bet on Leeds to beat Barnsley @ 8/13, was going to do a double with Southampton to win @ 8/11, but the free bet is for singles only, unfortunately. Hoping even more than usual that Leeds win this weekend...MOT :)
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Stamps:
    Bump - Got my first free bet from this yesterday - The bets I placed: Sat 19/11 - £10 on Borussia Monchengladbach to beat Werder Bremen @ 1/10000 - Borussia Monchengladbach were winning 5-0 at the time of placing the bet. Sun 20/11 - £10 on Feyenoord to beat Vitesse @ 1/10000 - Feyenoord were winning 4-0 with hardly any time left at the time of placing the bet Mon 21/11 - £10 on South Africa OR Australia to win in the 3rd test @ 1/14, bet placed at Tea on Day 5, Aus needing 84 off 34 overs to win, SA needing 4 wickets. With Haddin and Johnson at the crease, they were either going to hit a quick 80 between them, or get out quickly and expose the inexperienced Aussie tail to Steyn, Morkel, Philander and Tahir, so a draw was pretty much out of the question. Also won 71p :) Tues 22/11 - £10 on Real Madrid to beat Dinamo Zagreb @ 1/10000 - Real Madrid were leading 5-0 at the time of placing the bet, about 35 minutes remaining. Weds 23/11 - £10 on Valencia to beat Genk @ 1/10000 - Valencia were winning 6-0 at the time. Have used my free £5 bet on Leeds to beat Barnsley @ 8/13, was going to do a double with Southampton to win @ 8/11, but the free bet is for singles only, unfortunately. Hoping even more than usual that Leeds win this weekend...MOT :)
    Posted by EvilPingu

Right I am going to follow you this week end!

I have done Leeds to win 1.61
                       southhampton to win 1.72
    win double 2.79

£10 win on each
    £10 win double

Be Lucky
  • edited November 2011
    I know sum1 who's been doing this for months, if he gets 20 bets p/m he gets 20 quid off his sky TV bill....

Not sure about posting about it though. Just hope the sky ppl don't read the forum or the T & C's might change all of a sudden !!

btw he once bet on a tennis match which was like 1/8 or something and the guy lost! Hillarious!! :):):):) hahaha
  • edited November 2011
    yeah but when u get ya free bet i wouldnt do it on a 1/10 shot evil pingu u only win a £1 lol gotta do a evs above to make it worth while 
  • edited November 2011
    ffs,i been doing this to get the money off the sky bill much better then the free bet imo cos you dont get the fiver back.like dohhhhhhh says prob stop it now you posted.
  • edited November 2011
    ffs,i been doing this to get the money off the sky bill much better then the free bet imo cos you dont get the fiver back.like dohhhhhhh says prob stop it now you posted.
    Posted by jackda
    +1 why ohh why do people have to go public on this sort of thing. Getting free bets is a waste of time and you only keep the profit not the original stake. You only get a decent cash benefit if you use it for money of your sky bill because its like money in the bank.

Fortunately this promo ends at the end of nov, but next time sky do this sort of thing expect much more stringent T&Cs.

Can I suggest that the OP deletes this thread asap.

Sigh..........
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Stamps : +1 why ohh why do people have to go public on this sort of thing.
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Because I was trying to help people to make/save a few quid, but based on feedback in this thread, maybe I won't bother next time. Besides, if people are "abusing" it, Sky will notice an increase in people betting on teams with 5-0 and 6-0 leads, regardless of whether I post a thread about it or not. They're not stupid.

I'm not going to put up with responses like "ffs..." and "Sigh..." when I'm trying to help. If you think I'm wrong to post this thread despite the fact I'm trying to help people, then fair enough, but DOHHHHHHH's post shows it's pretty easy to get your point across without the attitude.

Anyway, I'm done with this thread. If people would rather I don't try to make a positive contribution to this community, then I won't. Your loss.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Stamps : Because I was trying to help people to make/save a few quid, but based on feedback in this thread, maybe I won't bother next time. Besides, if people are "abusing" it, Sky will notice an increase in people betting on teams with 5-0 and 6-0 leads, regardless of whether I post a thread about it or not. They're not stupid. I'm not going to put up with responses like "ffs..." and "Sigh..." when I'm trying to help. If you think I'm wrong to post this thread despite the fact I'm trying to help people, then fair enough, but DOHHHHHHH's post shows it's pretty easy to get your point across without the attitude. Anyway, I'm done with this thread. If people would rather I don't try to make a positive contribution to this community, then I won't. Your loss.
    Posted by EvilPingu
    Since when is betting odds on favourites abusing it? Its a loophole in the t&c of the promo, as you have highlighted it, next time it probably wont be possible.

Loopholes happen all over the net not just on betting sites, but highlighting such a loophole on sky bets doorstep, does rather shoot us all in the foot. For your info I have been sharing this info with other regs, just perhaps this isnt the medium to share the info, dont take it personally.   

Dohhh is having a laff, because hes too lazy to get his parents sky account number to participate in the promo!

• edited November 2011
    tbf it doesnt take a genius to figure this "loophole" out, in fact its so obvious its not even a poophole.

I wouldnt worry anyway, the mods dont even look in punters corner, let alone anyone from skybet.

i started collecting these stamps myself, but after the first month i couldnt be bothered anymore.