You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

overbetting a monster on the river. NL10

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic
turn is a clear value raise imo, especially so deep.

river is an action killer. I think jamming 4x pot is overkill tbh its pretty hard call that off playing the board, fish or not. I'd just bet 5, I doubt he checks Jx or better to you much, if he does he prob raises anyway

Comments

• edited November 2011
    OK right towards the end of the mastercash coverage. Oppo had been here a good while and i had a pretty solid read on them before even the mastercash show started. Imo he was just a standard fish. Seemed to be new to the game imo, might be wrong saying that. Hed chase all of his draws pretty much regardless of the odds, However on most occassions he would donk lead the flop. One hand that did catch my eye earlier, but i had to fold river wished it been shown tbh to help my reads was a raise from debs (UTG) he flats (SB) and i 3-bet. Flop came AT5 i cbet and he flatted. Turn (5) i check back and river (A) he lead for pot.

My opinions was on this hand below. When he flat flop could easily be on 1 pair/a straight draw. I sort of ruled the flush draw out. When he leads the turn i think he might have 2 pair or a straight but i opted to flat to try and allow the oppo behind to come along aswell. The river as it actually makes the straight on board i didnt believe he was capable of folding here. Obv wrong. Anyways would like opinions
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    STOCKY8A1 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £26.40
    xBig blind  £0.10 £0.15 £31.26
     Your hole cards
    • K
    • Q

The_Don90 Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £25.67
    debdobs_67 Fold     
    Cypriot08 Fold     
    tripp86 Call  £0.30 £0.75 £13.56
    STOCKY8A1 Fold     
    xCall  £0.20 £0.95 £31.06
    Flop

xCheck     
    The_Don90 Bet  £0.71 £1.66 £24.96
    tripp86 Call  £0.71 £2.37 £12.85
    xCall  £0.71 £3.08 £30.35
    Turn

xBet  £1.54 £4.62 £28.81
    The_Don90 Call  £1.54 £6.16 £23.42
    tripp86 Fold     
    River

xCheck     
    The_Don90 All-in  £23.42 £29.58 £0.00
    xFold     
    The_Don90 Muck     
    The_Don90 Win  £5.69  £5.69
    The_Don90 Return  £23.42 £0.47 £29.11
  • edited November 2011
    re-raise turn £3.60ish want to build pot otherwise your never gonna get it in

shoving river is bad ur missing out on alot of value just make value bet and hope he tries to get fruity, id probably pot bet as played then he should call of any 2 :D
  • edited November 2011
    dont leave their name in and then proceed to call them a massive fish pretty bad etiquette imo.

raise turn soooo muc value from worse. think u can OB to like 8.50 or so and get more calls
  • edited November 2011
    Would have been hilarious if he had been horribly slowplaying the nut flush!
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: overbetting a monster on the river. NL10:
    dont leave their name in and then proceed to call them a massive fish pretty bad etiquette imo. raise turn soooo muc value from worse. think u can OB to like 8.50 or so and get more calls
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    i actually meant to must have forgot. Appoligies to oppo. Sorted
  • edited November 2011
    i would of raised the turn then he would call the all inj pretty much no matter what because he hasnt got much stack left with your all in he could easily fold a set 2 pairs etc so villain must have it str8 or some kind of baby flush 
  • edited November 2011
    OB is too much, pot would be better I feel

raise turn
  • edited November 2011
    Snap raise on turn, why on God's earth would you not ?

River I pot bet.