You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

4NL - Minraise on river - Thoughts Please??

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic
What do you guys think of this? To be honest, I'm clearly too tired and need to leave the tables because I genuinely thought I had the nuts on the river and didn't even notice the 89 to beat me lol. If I had been more awake and noticed this, is there any value to shoving or should I be worried about the min-raise on the river.... obviously at the time I wasn't scared cos I thougt I had the nuts lol
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
jeffrey1965 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £1.76
Lambert180 Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £3.97
  Your hole cards

Annie54 Call   £0.04 £0.10 £3.03
jeffrey1965 Call   £0.02 £0.12 £1.74
Lambert180 Check        
Flop

• K

jeffrey1965 Check        
Lambert180 Bet   £0.08 £0.20 £3.89
Annie54 Raise   £0.16 £0.36 £2.87
jeffrey1965 Call   £0.16 £0.52 £1.58
Lambert180 Call   £0.08 £0.60 £3.81
Turn

jeffrey1965 Check        
Lambert180 Check        
Annie54 Check        
River

jeffrey1965 Check        
Lambert180 Bet   £0.76 £1.36 £3.05
Annie54 Raise   £1.52 £2.88 £1.35
jeffrey1965 Fold        
Lambert180 All-in   £3.05 £5.93 £0.00
Annie54 All-in   £1.35 £7.28 £0.00
Lambert180 Unmatched bet   £0.94 £6.34 £0.94
Lambert180 Show

Annie54 Show

Annie54 Win Straight to the 10 £5.86   £5.86

Comments

• edited November 2011
    P.S. Yes I know I should have bet the turn... that'll teach me for thinking my hand was completely safe and slowplaying it... to be fair, I did feel fairly sure Annie was gonna raise and I planned to check-raise... but that didn't happen
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: 4NL - Minraise on river - Thoughts Please??:
    P.S. Yes I know I should have bet the turn... that'll teach me for thinking my hand was completely safe and slowplaying it... to be fair, I did feel fairly sure Annie was gonna raise and I planned to check-raise... but that didn't happen
    Posted by Lambert180
    Don't everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr slowplay @ nl4, get any thought of that well out of your mind str8 away.

Unless u got AA on AA2r.

Bet turn, stack off river. nh!
  • edited November 2011
    I'm re-raising the flop all in and let them decide. Even if he has flopped 2 pair your in a coin flip. Your only behind a set and there is 25bb's ready up for stealing.
    But you called and the turn was checked so I would be making a smaller bet on the river to get value from anyone holding a king and I'm losing less against anyone with a higher str8.
    He showed strength by raising the flop then all of a sudden he decides hang on no I haven't got a good hand best check on the turn. I would of put him on a draw either str8 or flush.
  • edited November 2011
    I'm re-raising the flop all in and let them decide. Even if he has flopped 2 pair your in a coin flip. Your only behind a set and there is 25bb's ready up for stealing. But you called and the turn was checked so I would be making a smaller bet on the river to get value from anyone holding a king and I'm losing less against anyone with a higher str8. He showed strength by raising the flop then all of a sudden he decides hang on no I haven't got a good hand best check on the turn. I would of put him on a draw either str8 or flush.
    Posted by RandomRiv
    We are not in a coin flip v 1 or 2 pair we are bigger than a 2/1 dog

I prob check flop, once you bet calling minraise is fine imo, 3betting wont get enough folds at 4NL imo

Dont mind turn check if villain is likely to bet and your intention is to c/r, betting may be better at 4NL though

River getting it in is fine
  • edited November 2011
    Flop - check-call
    Turn - check-raise is fine consider she was the last aggressor and you might be able to check-raise 2 people.
    River - Lead is good and with reads you could somehow consider a flat. She reps EXACTLY 89 which is your problem. Would she ever check back the turn with a set? Do you think you could play TT this way? Maybe KT raising the flop for information blah blah then min-raising the riv? Readless, i prolly just stack off and pray she's played TT or KT or a set this way but you're definitely not fist-pump getting it in after she minraises you.
  • edited November 2011
    opps keep misreading today.
    Seen 4h5h
    Think I should stop posting today lol r at least have another 5 coffee's first
  • edited November 2011
    Standard hand UL
  • edited November 2011
    Don't like the hand to be honest. pre is fine, flop also fine for a min raise but I'd be wary here. It's unlikely he's doing this with a hand like KT (or worse kicker) and bigger kings would have raised pre from the button (even at NL4) so it's either a set or a draw IMO.

The turn gives you the nuts but to the other players it's a blank. You should bet here because other players will call thinking that you are trying to rep the king with all sorts of rubbish. You should bet pot for value and also to make it a fishy looking as possible. You also need to protect against 89 for the bigger straight with an up and down and the flush draw and also the chance of the board pairing on the river for the boat if annie45 has the set we thought about on the flop.

That leaves any heart and any K,T,7,6,5 as scare cards for you on the river. You hand is the nuts but it's vulnerable to a card on the river. Ten is probs the least scary scare card but still.

On the river you make a sensible overbet since the only hand that beats you is 89 and at this level you will get called by all sorts. But you won't get raised very often on this board at NL4. When you get raised the guy pretty much always has a straight.

As played I would not have shoved on the end here. Just call the re-raise to lose the minimum. If you win the hand then make notes and move on. Your mistake was on the turn
  • edited November 2011
    dont get it WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY didnt u bet the turn i keep saying this all the time on your good hands u wnat to get paid on evey street so with u checking your missing a street of value and letting the guys get a free card sorry lambert pal but think u have played it bad 
  • edited November 2011
    flop is fine

bet big on turn - can't slow play here your hand is not big enough, don't like c/r here with this hand and that board -

just b/c on river, min raise means your beat or oppo is bluffing
  • edited November 2011
    rancid i posted summit on general poker chat have a look please tell me what ya think 
  • edited November 2011
    Pre good.

I check flop.

Turn bet pot or more, most likely more.

River bet big get it IN !
  • edited November 2011
    u just cant check the turn here 2 hearts on the flop for a start bet the pot, make them pay for any draw, as for the river, UL, no way u can fold here with the 2nd best hand.
  • edited November 2011
    u just cant check the turn here 2 hearts on the flop for a start bet the pot, make them pay for any draw, as for the river, UL, no way u can fold here with the 2nd best hand.
    Posted by bahh
    Yeah... especially when you're really tired and actually think you have the nuts lol.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: 4NL - Minraise on river - Thoughts Please?? : Yeah... especially when you're really tired and actually think you have the nuts lol.
    Posted by Lambert180
    gutting! i can imagine the suprise when the money goes to him! happened to me before! feels terrible after but you live and learn lol