You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is the river A good or bad, how much do I bet to get paid?

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic
No real reads on XX steady player only seemed to raise with a hand

I hit the flop hard and the board seemed dry, XX flat calls my flop reraise and turn bet I have to think I am ahead on the river and the A can only improve or ruin my chances of getting paid..... how much to bet here???

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
waynecSmall blind £0.15£0.15£53.42
warbirdBig blind £0.30£0.45£10.89
 Your hole cards

stanley644Fold    
XXRaise £0.90£1.35£29.44
GoldGooseFold    
blackbeltbFold    
waynecCall £0.75£2.10£52.67
warbirdCall £0.60£2.70£10.29
Flop

• Q

waynecCheck    
warbirdCheck    
XXBet £1.35£4.05£28.09
waynecRaise £2.70£6.75£49.97
warbirdFold    
XXCall £1.35£8.10£26.74
Turn

waynecBet £3.90£12.00£46.07
XXCall £3.90£15.90£22.84
River

• A

waynec???    

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Raise more on flop, detest minraise looks so strong.

Bit more on turn after flop gets called so £6 here.

River close to pot so like £13 here but could be shove if you bet bigger on previous streets.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Is the river A good or bad, how much do I bet to get paid?:
    Raise more on flop, detest minraise looks so strong. Bit more on turn after flop gets called so £6 here. River close to pot so like £13 here but could be shove if you bet bigger on previous streets.
    Posted by Dudeskin8

I have hit a set on a dry board that is perfect for my hand, the min raise is to build the pot, keep my customer and if he has AQ the small raise give him the chance to come back over the top. I can see no reason to price him off the pot at this stage as his flat calling suggests he is weak.

• edited November 2011
    i dont know y u didnt donk lead out on this flop check raise is ok but how do u know when u check some 1 else is going to bet i would deffo of lead out here and bet all 3 streets on river i bet around £10 just a value bet 
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Is the river A good or bad, how much do I bet to get paid?:
    i dont know y u didnt donk lead out on this flop check raise is ok but how do u know when u check some 1 else is going to bet i would deffo of lead out here and bet all 3 streets on river i bet around £10 just a value bet 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU

Maybe I should have added in that he did play a little timid, you may say scared money so adapted how I played the hand to the player. I had reraised him strongly a few times and it was always a quick fold.

• edited November 2011
    orite so the villain is a aggro player so i understand your check now well played how much u bet on river btw ? and di i get paid of
  • edited November 2011
    Have to agree, hate the min raise.  Flop is so dry I likely fold all Q's with no redraws.

Building a pot is fine, but not when we shout about it.  You min c/r him.  Got tbh.  I'd rather just lead £2.1, then go for two more streets at half pot.  Maybe overbetting one street.

As played I half to 3/4 pot river, praying he has made 2pr which seems likely,

We are basically playing our hand face up on flop.  Shocked you get value at turn.  He must have 10J :P