You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

sky dodgy

edited November 2011 in Area 51
well i go away from online poker for a while,as we all no its a fix fair enogh u just got to run well to overcome it hard as it may be,so im playing good poker still not winning tho,as i begin to wonder y a camebk to online was because i love watchin skypoker tv etc,then this hand happend after playing so well and its made me stick to just watchin tv instead of losing money have a look,predictable or wot???let u decide.439815786     BOOOOOOOOOM.

Comments

• edited November 2011
    None of us can view your hand histories on the forum , but YOU can copy and paste it for us all to see.

PS was it like this hand ?? £11 buy in bounty hunter
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    trrfl03 Small blind 10.00 10.00 1990.00
    debdobs_67 Big blind  20.00 30.00 1870.00
     Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

geordiegig Call  20.00 50.00 1620.00
    alexndom Fold     
    poker69 Raise  60.00 110.00 2030.00
    trrfl03 Fold     
    debdobs_67 Raise  200.00 310.00 1670.00
    geordiegig Fold     
    poker69 Call  160.00 470.00 1870.00
    Flop

• K
    • A
    • Q

debdobs_67 Bet  470.00 940.00 1200.00
    poker69 Call  470.00 1410.00 1400.00
    Turn

debdobs_67 All-in  1200.00 2610.00 0.00
    poker69 Call  1200.00 3810.00 200.00
    debdobs_67 Show
    • A
    • A

poker69 Show
    • J

River

poker69 Win Straight to the Ace 3810.00  4010.00
  • edited November 2011
    n Response to Re: sky dodgy:

Posted by delaney09
    NO DEBDOBS LOL 439815786

that hand to win seat to 220 skyroller final hand
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: sky dodgy:

Posted by delaney09
    lol
  • edited November 2011
    n Response to Re: sky dodgy : NO DEBDOBS LOL 439815786 that hand to win seat to 220 skyroller final hand
    Posted by duacelXL
    This means nothing to anyone mate.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: sky dodgy : This means nothing to anyone mate.
    Posted by igimc
    how do u get the hand up?
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: sky dodgy : how do u get the hand up?
    Posted by duacelXL
    go to"my skypoker" click on hand history
  • edited November 2011
    None of us can view your hand histories on the forum , but YOU can copy and paste it for us all to see. PS was it like this hand ?? £11 buy in bounty hunter Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance trrfl03 Small blind 10.00 10.00 1990.00 debdobs_67 Big blind   20.00 30.00 1870.00   Your hole cards A A       geordiegig Call   20.00 50.00 1620.00 alexndom Fold         poker69 Raise   60.00 110.00 2030.00 trrfl03 Fold         debdobs_67 Raise   200.00 310.00 1670.00 geordiegig Fold         poker69 Call   160.00 470.00 1870.00 Flop     K A Q       debdobs_67 Bet   470.00 940.00 1200.00 poker69 Call   470.00 1410.00 1400.00 Turn     6       debdobs_67 All-in   1200.00 2610.00 0.00 poker69 Call   1200.00 3810.00 200.00 debdobs_67 Show A A       poker69 Show J 10       River     4       poker69 Win Straight to the Ace 3810.00   4010.00 Prev Close window Next
    Posted by debdobs_67
    C`MON DEBS how can you not see he had J 10 easy laydown  LOL 

RAB ;)
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: sky dodgy : This means nothing to anyone mate.
    Posted by igimc
    even if we could see it it would not mean anything....its not fixed
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: sky dodgy : C`MON DEBS how can you not see he had J 10 easy laydown  LOL      RAB ;)
    Posted by RAB642
    Haha very true , mind you even if i saw his cards on the flop i would still risk it tbh , i would have 7 outs on the turn to fill up and 10 outs on the river.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: sky dodgy : even if we could see it it would not mean anything....its not fixed
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    how do you know ?
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: sky dodgy : how do you know ?
    Posted by igimc
    because in over ten years of online poker not one shred of evidence has been supplied to prove it is.........

Dont you think that in all that time there would be a few insiders/disgruntled employees might of come forward and blown the whole thing apart?.

not including the superuser examples...
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: sky dodgy : because in over ten years of online poker not one shred of evidence has been supplied to prove it is......... Dont you think that in all that time there would be a few insiders/disgruntled employees might of come forward and blown the whole thing apart?. not including the superuser examples...
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Nahhh, the site owners have them abducted by aliens to team 51.
  • edited November 2011
    Yes of coarse its dodgy, When good players like YOYO come onto the site they win regular and when rubbish players like myself play we hardly win! :P
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: sky dodgy : Nahhh, the site owners have them abducted by aliens to team 51.
    Posted by harding10
    alright spill the beans who told you
  • edited November 2011
    Yes of coarse its dodgy, When good players like YOYO come onto the site they win regular and when rubbish players like myself play we hardly win! :P
    Posted by Donut64
    I thought it was supposed to be rigged in favour of the donkies tho! :)
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: sky dodgy : because in over ten years of online poker not one shred of evidence has been supplied to prove it is......... Dont you think that in all that time there would be a few insiders/disgruntled employees might of come forward and blown the whole thing apart?. not including the superuser examples...
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    I agree dave but on the flip side no shred of evidence has ever been provided to confirm that it isnt , correct ??
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: sky dodgy : I agree dave but on the flip side no shred of evidence has ever been provided to confirm that it isnt , correct ??
    Posted by debdobs_67
    I have a bar of gold in a safe deposit box.You are not allowed in the bank where it is, you are not allowed a photograph of it and if you ever ask me any questions about it i will simply say sorry i am not allowed to give you any information on the subject.

Now you provide evidence i DON'T have a bar of gold.

Exactly impossible to prove ...same as poker.

Accept what your mind tells you, but just because it's rigged does not mean it's rigged against YOU.It's rigged against EVERYONE and for that reason you could say it's not rigged.

You only have to see the cards being dealt to realise that it's almost impossible to accept that they are random.I don't!. But they are not being manipulated to get YOU out they have been manipulated well before this to ensure people do go out and quickly and either rebuy or go join another game.

Sky have to make a profit or else there would be no site, the fact that action hands, and ridiculous 2 outers occur not just occasionally but pretty much regularly does frustrate people but it is here to stay.I said years ago  adjust your game to accept this and you may improve your bank roll or perhaps get blinded out, but one thing for sure is it is not going to change. Ask yourself why is there are so many re-buys even BH's are rebuys now.This was never because there was an overwhelming desire by the genuine populus to incorporate them into practically every game it was done to increase profit.

Sky is not out to GET YOU it is out to make money out of ALL of us. But it's cheap it's fun and it's entertaining and i do not know anywhere i can play for an hour or more just for a quid. And TKay and the sky team have absolutely no knowledge or input into the RNG and are as honest as you or I. Just because my wife works for HSBC it would be slightly unfair to blame her for the credit crisis.

My point is have a moan, i do, it's what area 51 is for, i'm not adverse to typing " If the RNG was a dog it would have been put down by now" in the chat box but i still realise i'm paying for entertainment and occasionally i win and treat the mrs to a new Iron.

C'est la vie.

Sky is fun, sometimes frustrating, but if it lets you win sometimes it's only fair you accept your gonna lose sometimes.
  • edited November 2011
    'Or.... you are probably just a losing player and covering your ears in the face of what is... logic? You're right though, people who say poker is rigged arn't silent, nor are they the minority, because 95% of poker players are losing players. It doesn't take a genius to realise that poker is a skill game, and bad-beats happen on EVERY site, and both Live, and Online. I'm doing a post soon on my blog about whether poker is rigged, you should check it out sir. Not that it'll change your mind because the psychology behind thinking poker is rigged will likely mean you are stubborn about changing your mind-set. It's comforting to think that everyone else is wrong and you are right. That you losing money online isn't your fault and that's it's Sky's fault for being 'rigged'. Because god forbid you do some investigation into the matter, it's much easier to just shut out everyone elses logical viewpoint, and just cross your arms and give the V's to everyone that doesn't agree with you. I know that, because, well, even though i'm a winning player online there are and have been times where i've quit poker because i've ran bad, and even thought it was rigged at some points too, when it fact it was just a combination of a bad run a cards, and me playing bad. (years ago when i was uneducated and misinformed. And i wasn't too good either!')
    [copied straight from a post i made a couple of days ago to someone saying virtually the same thing. People who are spewing this hard sadly arn't gunna be worth me spending hours to convince them otherwise.]
  • edited November 2011
    "I have a bar of gold in a safe deposit box.You are not allowed in the bank where it is, you are not allowed a photograph of it and if you ever ask me any questions about it i will simply say sorry i am not allowed to give you any information on the subject.

Now you provide evidence i DON'T have a bar of gold.

Exactly impossible to prove ...same as poker."  (Snorkey)

I think Snorky actually makes a reasonable argument for the most part, it shouldnt just be auto dismissed and then proceed to attack his game.

Davey has a good point also in that in 10 years there hasnt been a shred of proof to say online is rigged.

To put it simply, there isnt a medium to show online to be rigged, even if it were to be so.

But what we do have is industry leaders showing their business methodology face up to the world, it being clearly corrupt.

This is kind of at the core of a couple of threads I've put up in the week.  Even if the playing community had a massive shift of perspective, even if say 51% of active players overnight decided that there was an accidental/intentional flaw in the game.  There wouldnt be a thing to do about it as the law and regulation stands.

So I have to agree, just saying that in 10yrs no evidence has come to light, isnt a comprehensive defence.  Many many many bigger bigger bigger lies have continued unchallenged for much much much longer.

I will openly admit that I dont have full faith in online.  I dont know how much of that is the software, or in my own ability to beat large feilds of people who just dont know what they are doing.  Or how the the general looser standard (click and pray) culture combined with no physical reads and quick decision time impact my game.

What I do know is that If a person does have untainted faith in online, then its kind of like a gift.  If the idustry actively worked at instilling, reconfirming and repairing faith in the game it would be a good thing for us all.

But they dont and I dont know why that is.  It doesnt make sense to me.  The only reasons I can come up with are bad ones.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to New Poster, Same BS :/:
    . . .  It doesn't take a genius to realise that poker is a skill game . . .
    Posted by Smitalos
    No it doesn't because it isn't . . . . poker is a game where the insight and skill of individuals can impact on their potential to win or lose the money they play with.  Sure, individual skill is one element, but as long as it's based on the randomness of any of the 52 cards in a deck it's not a game of skill - by which I mean pure skill. It's the same for backgammon and bridge. Chess is a game of pure skill - both players start with the same number and composition of pieces and this is completely consistent frm one game to the next.

Poker is "sold" on the basis that it's a game of skill and that with hard study and determination it's possible to "beat the game" (another silly statement which means what?). Most people never do.

Usual old chestnut - it depends on definitions and how you measure things.
  • edited November 2011
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    davy 2words mate FULL TILT end of fix discussion.
  • edited November 2011
    'Or.... you are probably just a losing player and covering your ears in the face of what is... logic? You're right though, people who say poker is rigged arn't silent, nor are they the minority, because 95% of poker players are losing players. It doesn't take a genius to realise that poker is a skill game, and bad-beats happen on EVERY site, and both Live, and Online. I'm doing a post soon on my blog about whether poker is rigged, you should check it out sir. Not that it'll change your mind because the psychology behind thinking poker is rigged will likely mean you are stubborn about changing your mind-set. It's comforting to think that everyone else is wrong and you are right. That you losing money online isn't your fault and that's it's Sky's fault for being 'rigged'. Because god forbid you do some investigation into the matter, it's much easier to just shut out everyone elses logical viewpoint, and just cross your arms and give the V's to everyone that doesn't agree with you. I know that, because, well, even though i'm a winning player online there are and have been times where i've quit poker because i've ran bad, and even thought it was rigged at some points too, when it fact it was just a combination of a bad run a cards, and me playing bad. (years ago when i was uneducated and misinformed. And i wasn't too good either!') [copied straight from a post i made a couple of days ago to someone saying virtually the same thing. People who are spewing this hard sadly arn't gunna be worth me spending hours to convince them otherwise.]
    Posted by Smitalos
    Massive exaggeration lol

But Sky Poker is NOT rigged, they would have far more to lose than they do to gain...

Good players are regular winners, bad players are regular losers, just as they should be.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: sky dodgy : davy 2words mate FULL TILT end of fix discussion.
    Posted by duacelXL
    not sure what you mean...have full tilt been fixing poker games online?

they have been shut down and refused to credit players bank accounts
    but i have not seen any allegations of "fixing"
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: sky dodgy : I agree dave but on the flip side no shred of evidence has ever been provided to confirm that it isnt , correct ??
    Posted by debdobs_67
    i totally get your point,but there is regulation etc.

many people use the same argument to insist aliens are out there.
    (does anyone really believe this?).

the lochness monster? tourist propaganda........

p.s...i know ive gone and done it now.........saying there are no aliens:)
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: sky dodgy : i totally get your point,but there is regulation etc. many people use the same argument to insist aliens are out there. (does anyone really believe this?). the lochness monster? tourist propaganda........ p.s...i know ive gone and done it now.........saying there are no aliens:)
    Posted by DAVEYZZ

Prove it !!!
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: sky dodgy : i totally get your point,but there is regulation etc. many people use the same argument to insist aliens are out there. (does anyone really believe this?). the lochness monster? tourist propaganda........ p.s...i know ive gone and done it now.........saying there are no aliens:)
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    have u never watched a film
  • edited November 2011
    'Or.... you are probably just a losing player and covering your ears in the face of what is... logic? You're right though, people who say poker is rigged arn't silent, nor are they the minority, because 95% of poker players are losing players. It doesn't take a genius to realise that poker is a skill game, and bad-beats happen on EVERY site, and both Live, and Online. I'm doing a post soon on my blog about whether poker is rigged, you should check it out sir. Not that it'll change your mind because the psychology behind thinking poker is rigged will likely mean you are stubborn about changing your mind-set. It's comforting to think that everyone else is wrong and you are right. That you losing money online isn't your fault and that's it's Sky's fault for being 'rigged'. Because god forbid you do some investigation into the matter, it's much easier to just shut out everyone elses logical viewpoint, and just cross your arms and give the V's to everyone that doesn't agree with you. I know that, because, well, even though i'm a winning player online there are and have been times where i've quit poker because i've ran bad, and even thought it was rigged at some points too, when it fact it was just a combination of a bad run a cards, and me playing bad. (years ago when i was uneducated and misinformed. And i wasn't too good either!') [copied straight from a post i made a couple of days ago to someone saying virtually the same thing. People who are spewing this hard sadly arn't gunna be worth me spending hours to convince them otherwise.]
    Posted by Smitalos
    Can't wait to read your blog.No doubt it will be stacked with irrefutable proof online poker is absolutely random and beyond reproach.Or will it be another post dismissing peoples suspicions on the grounds you somehow now feel educated (well done). Area 51 is designed to give conspiracy theorists a platform to discuss their theories (hence the title and the use of the word theory).People on here are rarely misinformed i think the proper description would be uninformed as information availability is somewhat restricted.
    Hopefully your blog will change my point of view, i really am open to convincing argument but would prefer anything factual.I already suspect your blog will be very similar to my views long on opinion short on facts,A split pot in poker terms.
    Why when you disagree with peoples opinions do you call it spewing?A tad unfair from someone so recently educated did we miss the lecture on humility by any chance? Please by all means offer proof.(I genuinely hope you do).My opinion remains that Sky is here to make profit and whilst no one person is ever disadvantaged over another I am yet to be convinced that the RNG is truly random.Have to go now and see another three sets of quads dealt in 50 hands.

Love sky, Great entertainment, value for money, fair to everyone, totally random (jury still out).