You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Extracting value...

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic

I'm pretty sure that if he's hit a flush or trip 7's on the turn the money will end up all in by the end whatever I do here, so I'm not concerned with this scenario.

I'm going to assume that he hasn't hit the turn hard and was calling me with a pair or a straight draw (say). In this case, the turn would be a scary card for him.

So... should I...

a) Check the turn, so as not to scare him away, also perhaps giving the impression that I am scared of the 7c and maybe inducing him to bet into into me. However, I may miss a street of value if he checks also.

b) Bet the turn, hoping that he's not scared of the turn and still thinks his hand's in good shape. This would build the pot but I clearly run the risk of killing off the hand.

No particular reads - I was fairly new to the table.

bug5y Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £6.49
UareLIMPER Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £5.76
fishdonk Big blind  £0.10 £0.25 £9.90
 Your hole cards

Pysterman Call  £0.10 £0.35 £12.89
bob24 Call  £0.10 £0.45 £9.10
fishdonk Check     
1966char01 Call  £0.10 £0.55 £10.82
bug5y Fold     
UareLIMPER Check     
Flop

UareLIMPER Check     
Pysterman Bet  £0.55 £1.10 £12.34
bob24 Fold     
fishdonk Fold     
1966char01 Call  £0.55 £1.65 £10.27
UareLIMPER Fold     
Turn

Pysterman

Comments

• edited November 2011
    that is a dream card for u on the turn not just your hand but the villains hand what has villain called your bet on the flop with could have a 7 or could hit the flush i would pot bet here for sure and if a brick on the turn i would happily go all in reasoning the villain would call with any 7 here or a flush