You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Late stages of tourney, right shove or not?

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic
JJ (Dohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh) said he wouldnt shove here i thought it was ok, so what do you think of this shove?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
THETANK Small blind   150.00 150.00 3405.00
shooter73 Big blind   300.00 450.00 13092.00
  Your hole cards
  • J

willie Call   300.00 750.00 10845.00
tinytellah All-in   720.00 1470.00 0.00
iBLUFF All-in   4460.00 5930.00 0.00
THETANK Fold        
shooter73 Call   4160.00 10090.00 8932.00
willie Fold        
shooter73 Show
  • A

tinytellah Show
  • Q
  • A

iBLUFF Show
  • J

Flop

• Q

Turn

River

• A

tinytellah Win Two Pairs, Aces and Queens 2610.00   2610.00
shooter73 Win Pair of Aces 7480.00   16412.00

Comments

• edited November 2011
    hate it tbh with u i wouldnt even call the 720 it looks like your turning your hand into a bluff so when u go all in your isolating to get heads up with the guy who is all in with 720 chips y the urge to win a extra 720 plus blinds your more then likely behind when guy goes all in 720 chips well u are he he had a q just hate it y not fold and pick a better spot not having a go i bluff just think theres better spots to put your tournement life on the line
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Late stages of tourney, right shove or not?:
    hate it tbh with u i wouldnt even call the 720 it looks like your turning your hand into a bluff so when u go all in your isolating to get heads up with the guy who is all in with 720 chips y the urge to win a extra 720 plus blinds your more then likely behind when guy goes all in 720 chips well u are he he had a q just hate it y not fold and pick a better spot not having a go i bluff just think theres better spots to put your tournement life on the line
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Oh sorry, forgot to add its a bh...
  • edited November 2011
    in a bh i think you can argue either way tbh. More money for winning, i fold wait for better
  • edited November 2011
    as its a bh i would just call the 720 i would never go all in ibluff u are only getting called by a better hand 
  • edited November 2011
    snap fold pre for lots of reasons.
  • edited November 2011
    I don't like it

Not liking the call behind either :()

BH special hand
  • edited November 2011
    prob fold, esp with limper in front unless you think its very likely you get to isolate shorty
  • edited November 2011
    Here is my thinking, thetank is never calling with less than premium here even with 10bigs,  sb is also tight  A10is the bottom of his calling range i think, only worry for me is the limper utg. Personally with the way the table was, i think its a close one, i only have 15bigs i have a chance of taking a bounty and i dont think im going to find a better spot than this.
  • edited November 2011
    For me the issue you is you have J high.  A very pretty J high yes but all the chips in there are going to entice the limper in.  Hes probably salivating at getting odds to take two bounties for a reasonable price with a hand he is interested in.

Plus if we lose this hand when we isolate, we have lost credibility at table (BH lol yeah right) but are significantly weaker when we do find a mandatory shove.

I understand your temptation, but I think we can find a much better spot bud.