You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Important changes to the Tourney AND Show - Tonight!

edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
Ok .............what time should we be there then?

Comments

• edited October 2009

The Blind Levels in tonight's £12,500 Guaranteed Bounty Hunter are now TEN minutes, NOT seven, as previously advertised.

The £10,000 Guarantee has, as you already know, been increased by 25% (this week only)  to £12,500.

The Starting stacks will be 3,000.

And it starts at....... EIGHT PM!

There's more, too.....
  • edited October 2009

Tonight's Live Show on Channel 865 will start at EIGHT PM, & not Nine pm as previously.

All Live Shows will henceforth begin at 8pm.

So, more Show, more time, & more money tonight.
  • edited October 2009
    Which of the 8pm main tournaments are going to be shown on TV in future.  There seems to be an awful lot of repeats around at the moment and I like to watch whilst ironing (sad I know).
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Important changes to the Tourney AND Show - Tonight!:
    Which of the 8pm main tournaments are going to be shown on TV in future.  There seems to be an awful lot of repeats around at the moment and I like to watch whilst ironing (sad I know).
    Posted by sophiesmum
    Hi tikay

Would you like me to get some birdseed and send it down for the show?, cos methinks there will be a lot of chirping going on ;)

Oh yeh, a little edit may be in order tikay :)
  • edited October 2009
    Posted by sophiesmum
    That's quite awkward to answer, tbh, as the new scheduling has not been formally announced yet.

For this week, at the very least, ( & a few more weeks I think) tonight's, Saturday's, & Sundays will be show the Tourneys at least in part. Tonight will be a "normal" Show, except 4 hours instead of 3, & will follow tonight's £12,500 BH, plus some other suff which I'll Post about on the Show Thread later.

This Saturday & Sunday, the Show will be as previous, except 4 hours.

I'm not sure when the new Scheduling comes into effect, but when it does, there will be some quite different stuff. It will include a Cash-Only night, & a brand new Show which is being worked on as we speak.

There is at least one new Show every day at present, either Live or Recorded, afaik. We recorded 3 or 4 "Pre-Records" yesterday, & these will roll-out on 865 during next week. This will be ongoing, every week.

Repeats? Yeah, get your drift - but TV Content is horrendously expensive to Produce, so it's a case of balancing cost-effectiveness, value, & demand.
  • edited October 2009
    Will I ever get an answer??????
  • edited October 2009
    Will I ever get an answer??????
    Posted by elsadog
    It's really on a need to know basis.

Do you really need to know?
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Important changes to the Tourney AND Show - Tonight! : It's really on a need to know basis. Do you really need to know?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi tikay

I need to know...... has wardrobe been made aware the community wants ur Bugandy Jacket back?
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Important changes to the Tourney AND Show - Tonight! : Hi tikay I need to know...... has wardrobe been made aware the community wants ur Bugandy Jacket back?
    Posted by acebarry10
    Very complex this.

The Wardrobe Mistress decides what we wear, as it needs to blend with what the Presenter wears, & not "key" with the set.

But I have made the Producer aware of the "Burgundy Thread", & he has no objections. So, it's up to the Wardrobe Mistress now.

There may be some other complications too, as we have a new Presenter & Analyst on tonight. All very hush-hush, say no more.
  • edited October 2009

BURGANDY......BURGANDY.......BURGANDY

• edited October 2009
    Hi tikay

hmmmmmmm, very mysterious, why do I have a very funny feeling I sense what is going on, probs wide of the mark, but we will see :)
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Important changes to the Tourney AND Show - Tonight! : Very complex this. The Wardrobe Mistress decides what we wear, as it needs to blend with what the Presenter wears, & not "key" with the set. But I have made the Producer aware of the "Burgundy Thread", & he has no objections. So, it's up to the Wardrobe Mistress now. There may be some other complications too, as we have a new Presenter & Analyst on tonight. All very hush-hush, say no more.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Intriguing.. can we have some clues? :)
  • edited October 2009
     new presenter and analyst... interesting. a couple of clues wont hurt surely!
  • edited October 2009
    I think TK is going to be presenting and Rich in the analyst seat ;)
  • edited October 2009
    Posted by Grimstar30
    Hi Dave

My thoughts too
  • edited October 2009
    Lol. What a good show that would be
  • edited October 2009

I do need to know, perhaps the burgundy jacket knows

• edited October 2009
    Posted by Grimstar30
    The thing is if Tony's reading the auto cue it'll have to be four foot high for him to see and all Rich will say is This is a good spot to go all in lol
    col
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Important changes to the Tourney AND Show - Tonight! : Hi Dave My thoughts too
    Posted by acebarry10
    Great minds Baz!

Richard can give out the advice I reckon as he is on fire! ;) TK presenting would be good, I know he can do it.
  • edited October 2009
    "but TV Content is horrendously expensive to Produce, so it's a case of balancing cost-effectiveness, value, & demand"

the constant repeats are coma-inducing and  a mare,why not at least start showing repeats from the opening days of sky poker(i assume they keep the tapes), at least they would feel fresh and would also highlight the advancement in play since then,and kara would be back on the screen too ;)
  • edited October 2009
    Tonight's Live Show on Channel 865 will start at EIGHT PM, & not Nine pm as previously. All Live Shows will henceforth begin at 8pm. So, more Show, more time, & more money tonight.
    Posted by Tikay10
    and more you!!! what lucky people we all are :) feels like we have won the lottery :) just kidding boss!!
  • edited October 2009
    "but TV Content is horrendously expensive to Produce, so it's a case of balancing cost-effectiveness, value, & demand" the constant repeats are coma-inducing and  a mare,why not at least start showing repeats from the opening days of sky poker(i assume they keep the tapes), at least they would feel fresh and would also highlight the advancement in play since then,and kara would be back on the screen too ;)
    Posted by LONGPLAY
    +1 (a very big one)

I reckon all the old shows should be available in downloadable format on the website.
    I would definitely pay for a service like this that had all the old shows on.
  • edited October 2009
    It was a while before I heard about the channel so I would love to see some old shows from the beginning
  • edited October 2009
    "but TV Content is horrendously expensive to Produce, so it's a case of balancing cost-effectiveness, value, & demand" the constant repeats are coma-inducing and  a mare,why not at least start showing repeats from the opening days of sky poker(i assume they keep the tapes), at least they would feel fresh and would also highlight the advancement in play since then,and kara would be back on the screen too ;)
    Posted by LONGPLAY
    I will send your Post Upstairs to Suit-Ville, FTAO His Excellency Des Duff-Ness, & see what he says.
  • edited October 2009
    So the first time the show goes to 4 hours its when Rich and Tikay are on - jeez!!!!!!!!  I personally hope the cameraman and Producer are in front of the camera and Rich and Tikay are 'away somewhere else'. Would definitely be more pleasing on the eye and more sense would be spoken!

So Tikay its a 4 hour show from 9pm? Am I right? ;) 
  • edited October 2009
    Kara was on last night on Ch5 - personally I prefer our Lisa and Sarah :) Can't get through Kara's accent.

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Important changes to the Tourney AND Show - Tonight! : +1 (a very big one) I reckon all the old shows should be available in downloadable format on the website. I would definitely pay for a service like this that had all the old shows on.
    Posted by MereNovice
    100% agree m8. Can we start with the hour long epidsode of my League victory please?
  • edited October 2009

Great number of runners for tonight's Bounty Hunter and an interesting idea with regards to running some of the earlier shows.  I'll look into this although I suspect I'd get hit with a metal ruler if any changes to this month's schedule was proposed.  Might be a nice twist over Christmas though.

I have recurring nightmares about the Burgundy jacket, it's not making a comeback is it?  Personally I'd prefer to see tikay in the illustrated waistcoat...oops, probably shouldn't have mentioned that :)

Cheers,

Des.

• edited October 2009
    the longer the blinds  the better..  nice 1
  • edited October 2009

Wow, how "nice" did that Tourney play out?

The Average Stack in the Final was appprox 33 x Big Blinds! Unbelievable, & I know we are all different, but with structures lke that, I will now make such Events my first choice to play each night. Awesome.

Sadly for the TV Viewers, it over-ran the 4 hours, & as we were on the Sky Sports simulcast, we were obliged to come off air at Midnight, with three Players still remaining. Technically, there was no choice, much as we'd all loved to see the end.

So I imagine next Thursday's equivelant will have to be slightly faster, or less Chips, to ensure it completes in the 4 hour slot.

But for the rest of the week - & I'd be interested in your views - I'd rather we, the Players, had more playable Structures, such as last night.

Ultimately, it's about the Cardroom, & the Players.

An Average Stack of over 30 x Big Blinds in a Final - for me, that's Poker Perfection.

Until now, I preferred the Deepies, but with structures like last night, the Main Event, if structured similar to last night, will be my first priority, especially as it has such serious money on offer - over £13,000 last night!

Thoughts anyone?

Oh, & I planned to play Live, at Luton tonight, but Sky Poker's 8pm Biggie is a Double Stack (4,000 chips), with 10 minute blind increments. Count me in!